Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-05-13 11:41:22

Karcamel
Tipsy
Website

Problem to add item unit.

Hey.

For some reason all my stories don't show up in the 'add item unit' menu. For example "https://www.wolfpub.org/contributors/show_item.php?cid=10660&i=710" . I have four stories, only two of which show up in the menu.

#2 2023-05-13 19:11:19

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Re: Problem to add item unit.

The reason only two of your stories are showing up is because the other two are not currently eligible to have chapters added to them.  One is listed as a short story, and the other is listed as a completed novel.  Only stories with a status of "In Progress" can have chapters added, so they're the only ones that show up in the drop-down list for you to choose from.  These statuses can be changed, if they are incorrect.

In order to change one or more story statuses to "In Progress":
* Go to the contributor tools
* Select "Edit Item Status" from the menu
* Change whichever story's(ies') status(es) you want to change. 
    - Explanation of each status:
        > "Completed" - It's either a short story, or a novel that's been finished.
        > "In Progress" - It's a novel that's still being written.
        > "Inactive" - It's a novel you're not currently working on, but you plan to continue later.
        > "Abandoned" - It's a novel you've given up on ever finishing.
* Click the "Update Status of Items" button at the bottom.

This should fix your problem.  If it doesn't, or if you have further issues, please feel free to email me directly.  (There's an "Email" link to the left there
<---)

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#3 2023-05-16 10:07:17

Karcamel
Tipsy
Website

Thanks for the tip, it helped. I don't know why this had happened, I hadn't done anything unusual. The main thing, of course, is that I'm a little wiser again 3dbig_smile

#4 2023-05-16 22:10:04

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Karcamel wrote:

Thanks for the tip, it helped. I don't know why this had happened, I hadn't done anything unusual. The main thing, of course, is that I'm a little wiser again 3dbig_smile

The likely culprit was that, when you first uploaded the story, you forgot to change the settings.  By default, the upload utility will label your submission as a short story.  If you forgot to change the option from "single-unit" to "multi-unit", then that would have wound up with the problem you had.  Obviously, that's not a hard mistake to make, especially if you're new to the site, or distracted while uploading.

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

Board footer