The Pub Discussion Board

Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#901 2018-09-11 21:56:41

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Re: Writing Status

Thank you, but I'd much rather take a long break from real life to work on my writing, artwork, and programming.  Those things help relieve my stress.  Unfortunately, when my stress reaches this level, I cease being actively creative, so I have to find some way to reduce the stress enough to allow my creativity to kick in, so that it can help reduce it further.

Since I don't drink, smoke, or do drugs, it makes that whole "stress reduction" thing tricky.

:-/

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
AMEN! >>> Word Crimes

#902 2018-09-12 17:49:31

bigfoot
Inebriated

Elessar wrote:

I was curious if you had any suggestions of authors either similar writing style to your own that you have seen. This is off site of course.

Elessar - I searched low and high for the very same thing and have a few suggestions. A SciFi/Fantasy option would be Tefler's "Three Square Meals" available on Literotica or Storiesonline.net. A DoOver option would be rlfj's "A Fresh Start" on Storiesonline.net (I also like Charlie Foxtrot's "A New Past"). A high school/sports option is G Younger's "Stupid Boy" series on Storiesonline.net.

#903 2018-09-13 10:27:46

StoryJunkie
Wasted

bigfoot wrote:

Elessar wrote:

I was curious if you had any suggestions of authors either similar writing style to your own that you have seen. This is off site of course.

Elessar - I searched low and high for the very same thing and have a few suggestions. A SciFi/Fantasy option would be Tefler's "Three Square Meals" available on Literotica or Storiesonline.net. A DoOver option would be rlfj's "A Fresh Start" on Storiesonline.net (I also like Charlie Foxtrot's "A New Past"). A high school/sports option is G Younger's "Stupid Boy" series on Storiesonline.net.

rflj also has a pretty good almost pure action story....the Grim Reaper

as for the stories he suggested, I have read (or in the process of reading Three Square Meals and Stupid Boy as they are not finished yet) all of them and they are good stories. I follow them and re-read the others almost as much as I do Woodward Academy

#904 2018-09-13 18:57:00

bigfoot
Inebriated

StoryJunkie wrote:

"The Grim Reaper" was very good and he followed it up with a bunch of short stories "TGR: Adventures in Southern Law Enforcement" parts of which were very funny.

#905 2018-09-13 20:13:48

Bckeen
Tipsy

StoryJunkie wrote:

bigfoot wrote:

Elessar wrote:

as for the stories he suggested, I have read (or in the process of reading Three Square Meals and Stupid Boy as they are not finished yet) all of them and they are good stories. I follow them and re-read the others almost as much as I do Woodward Academy

I would recommend the John Carter universe this can be seen on storiesonline.net.

#906 2018-09-14 05:24:00

Jefferson
Completely Blotto

I won't recommend specific stories but I can recommend a few authors:

Lazlo Zalezac, the author of the above mentioned "John Carter" series has written a number of REALLY REALLY great stories over on Storiesonline. I highly recommend anything and everything he's written.

Lubrican, also on StoriesOnline, is a great storyteller. His stories aren't quite so in-depth as Eric's and Lazlo's are but they are still really good stories. His short ones are good, his longer stories are better.

Imagineer, right here on the Pub is a great writer. His stories are also available on SOL.  He hasn't written a lot but what he has written, is usually very good.

Aroslav, also over on SOL, is a great writer but some of his stories are on the strange side... a sci-fi western supernatural comedy... Say what? But he's a really great writer and writes lots of different types of stories. If you don't like one, try another. There's bound to be one you like.

And of course, there's the great Don Lockwood, who has only recently returned to writing after a long absence. He tends to stick to the more romantic stories, but they're very well done.

Women have boyfriends and girlfriends. If you’re not fucking her, you’re her girlfriend.

-  Rollo Tomassi.
Author of "The Rational Male."

#907 2018-09-15 21:31:38

peace2300
Inebriated

If you are looking for a good long read that's fun is go look for unknown here in the pub

#908 2018-09-16 06:58:56

Maverick7508
Inebriated

Oh man, when it comes to waiting for new releases I have to make myself forget about a book series for awhile. like with the dresden files, The Woodward Academy series had too many what if scenarios for year 8 running through my head right now. And some of them just sounds so fun. But with a good story patience is required, especially as the first chapter of year 8 is probably gonna do some shaping for the whole year, what with the fallout from Garibaldi and such, so taking the proper time to be in the needed mindset is perfect.

Even if it takes longer to get our grubby paws on it, we the fans always enjoy a story written well and with care. Take care, I'll probably be back to bug you guys again after christmas.

#909 2018-09-16 08:01:02

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Before you go, clean up those damned grubby paw marks off the furniture!

3dtongue

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
AMEN! >>> Word Crimes

Board footer