The Pub Discussion Board

Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#301 2023-12-17 21:53:28

Saran
Inebriated

Re: Agent of Change

Eric Storm wrote:

Well, I'm glad someone liked it.  If the response to this last chapter is any indicator, you were the only one.

Eric Storm

Someone once told me this is a pretty quite neighborhood.  With only so many comments.  *wink*

But yeah, you'd think with the activity and comments you normally get there would be more.

I've enjoyed the story so far.  While I'm not normally into the whole "alien" idea, this one has been an interesting setup and because of his 'falling behind in his goal' it also feels like he's doing more of what HE wants to do rather than the alien in his head.  Maybe that has a little to do with it... but hey, it's fun and promises plenty more of interest.

#302 2023-12-22 04:09:14

Icehawk101
Inebriated

Saran wrote:

He is way behind in his quota!!  Can't wait to see him catch up on that as well.

I was thinking that being a sperm donor would be a good way around this problem, but I guess not now.  I guess Nick will have to pick up the pace if he needs to do it all the old fashioned way 3dtongue

Great chapter Eric.  Have a merry Christmas!

#303 2023-12-24 23:52:02

dustbunny
Tipsy

Eric Storm wrote:

Well, I'm glad someone liked it.  If the response to this last chapter is any indicator, you were the only one.

Eric Storm

Not true. I enjoy your stories immensely. I'm also not very good with words. Which makes me want to ask the question, do you prefer a basic "Hey I liked this chapter" over no comment at all?

#304 2023-12-25 04:30:20

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Icehawk101 wrote:

I guess Nick will have to pick up the pace if he needs to do it all the old fashioned way

Well... That's still being a "sperm donor", isn't it?
3dangel

dustbunny wrote:

do you prefer a basic "Hey I liked this chapter" over no comment at all?

Virtually any comment is better than silence.  When an author receives no feedback at all, what it says is that no one cares about the story.

Especially since, ever since I finished up the Woodward series, the number of people who come here to read my stories has plummeted, I get very discouraged about my writing.  So, anything that can counteract that feeling, even a little bit, is a good thing.

However, if you want a tip on making better comments, just mention in your feedback the one or two things about the chapter you enjoyed the most.  Maybe it was something that made you chuckle.  Maybe you noticed that the executives at the Summit Hill Locomotive Works were all named after characters from Back to the Future, or that the executives of Pterajet were named after the main characters from Fire Birds.  Maybe you're stuck with the "Have you... driven Afford... Late-ly?" jingle stuck in your head, too.  Or maybe you're wondering how long it'll be before Nick has sex with Dana Ritter.  Just, really, anything that caught your attention will make a good comment.

There are two reasons to write comments.  One is if you have constructive criticism for making the story better.  The other is simply to encourage the author to continue writing.  I've been doing this for 26 years now, and I still worry that nobody gives a shit whether I continue or not, so yes, comments are very important.  Your silence is the equivalent of saying, "I don't care if you're here or not," at least in our heads.

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#305 2023-12-25 19:32:39

darthel0101
Completely Blotto

Eric Storm wrote:

I've been doing this for 26 years now, and I still worry that nobody gives a shit whether I continue or not, so yes, comments are very important.  Your silence is the equivalent of saying, "I don't care if you're here or not," at least in our heads.

Eric Storm

Eric,
I KEEP a page open in my browser showing your forum listing and I refresh it at least a few times a week.
I re-read WWA fairly frequently just because I like seeing how you get your characters from point "A" to point "B".
I re-read AoC (at least from a random middle chapter) every time you release a new chapter and enjoy watching the story develop.
You are an important writer to me, and I like how you work puns and other references into your stories. Your humorous presentations are also fun to read and something that keeps me coming back.

Thank you for allowing us to get a glimpse into your fantasies.

#306 2023-12-26 06:27:47

Jefferson
Completely Blotto

Show-off.   3dsmile

#307 2023-12-27 01:42:56

Hakhazar
Inebriated

Hasn't been a chapter of AoC that I didn't like yet. I don't really expect that to change.

#308 2024-01-05 00:41:52

darthel0101
Completely Blotto

"Women would be advanced calculus.  Done only in base 33.  Without a calculator." - - - I still chuckle when I read that line

(posted from Chapter 15)

#309 2024-01-05 13:26:29

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

I messed up with that line.  I should have said it was done in base 31.  31's a prime number, so there would be no divisors in your base at all.  Base 33 allows for 3 and 11.

3dsmile

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#310 2024-01-05 17:17:08

darthel0101
Completely Blotto

Eric Storm wrote:

I messed up with that line.  I should have said it was done in base 31.  31's a prime number, so there would be no divisors in your base at all.  Base 33 allows for 3 and 11.

3dsmile

Eric Storm

The impact to me would be the same - - - and just as enjoyable

#311 2024-01-06 20:06:08

Bwsc
Inebriated

I have a question but I don’t want it to come across as being rude or needy. I haven’t found or seen and synopsis of Agent of Change, so I have been getting lost as the PRM chapters become available. I love the story that I can’t wait for each release of the chapters but I tend to forget what went on previously. Is there any form of summary of what happened previously to Mr. Shilling?

#312 2024-01-07 03:40:09

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Sure.  I have a very nice calendar of events that lists everything out, day by day when any significant events happen.

...oh, wait, you meant that YOU could see.  Whoops.  tee-hee.
3dsmile

Nope, there's not one.  And honestly, I wouldn't know how to make one for this story, because I wouldn't know how much detail would need to go into it for you to be prepared for future chapters.  Most of the stuff that has happened, will tie into something at some point in the future.  I could very well end up just rewriting the entire book that way.  (Which I'm obviously not gonna do... 400,000 words, all over again?  Nuh-uh...)

My best suggestion is to pay attention to the Writing Status thread, and if it looks like a new chapter's coming out, and it's been a while since you've read AC, go ahead and re-read it.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#313 2024-01-07 04:28:00

Bwsc
Inebriated

Totally understand, wasn’t sure if there was an outline somewhere outside of your brain! I’ll go back to my corner waaay over there and keep rereading it as it comes out 3dsmile I will also say, this seems more “action packed†  as I read since the time frame seems much shorter than WA or either of the CAMP series.

Last edited by Bwsc (2024-01-07 04:28:41)

#314 2024-01-07 08:42:28

Saran
Inebriated

I think that it would be possible for someone that is reading it to make a note of "key moments" and kind of mark them down somewhere to build that out... it wouldn't be a calendar like WA has, as I don't know that any dates are actually mentioned in AC... but it could be a timeline of events as they occur...  And NO I'm not suggestion that Eric do that.  I mean we want him focused on the NEW stuff, not the old stuff!!  (Ok, enough that he can tie up those mentions, as he said, but otherwise...  forward looking! 3dbig_smile )

As a brief example...  I think the biggest opening events are such:
Summer Camp - WTF
Summer Camp - Meeting the Symbiote
Summer Camp - Accepting the Symbiote
Home Coming

Obviously there are a LOT more events from there (and even between those) and someone that wanted to take the time to do that in a read through could make it much more detailed, or "high level," as they wanted.

But you know... that's just my thought on the matter.

#315 2024-01-07 16:29:07

darthel0101
Completely Blotto

A lot of the key moments can be derived from when certain characters appear, and these are listed at least in the PRM version of the Character List

#316 2024-01-07 17:31:21

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Saran wrote:

it wouldn't be a calendar like WA has, as I don't know that any dates are actually mentioned in AC...

Not many dates are mentioned, no, but some are implicitly stated.  For instance, both Christmas and New Year's are talked about, so would act as landmarks for that timeframe.  Further, the start of school would certainly give you a general time of year, as would Spring Break, MLK Jr. Day and President's Day, all of which were mentioned.

darthel0101 wrote:

A lot of the key moments can be derived from when certain characters appear, and these are listed at least in the PRM version of the Character List

The only difference between the PRM cast list and the public cast list is that the public cast list does not mention characters or events that happen in still-PRM chapters.  Otherwise, they contain the same information.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#317 2024-01-19 14:21:48

Zmaybe
Inebriated

Eric, you're frustrating sometimes.  I am hooked on Agent of Change and checking every day for further developments to this lusty suspense filled story.  I hope your muse fills your mind with some more plot twists and we get to experience the fun this story provides to us mere mortals.  Thanks for all you do for us, and I hope your stories keep coming.

Last edited by Zmaybe (2024-01-19 14:22:29)

#318 2024-01-19 20:02:07

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

You think YOU'RE frustrated???

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#319 2024-01-19 23:38:17

darthel0101
Completely Blotto

Eric Storm wrote:

You think YOU'RE frustrated???

Eric Storm

I am thankful that you make these stories available for our enjoyment.

Last edited by darthel0101 (2024-01-20 01:16:49)

#320 2024-01-21 07:43:00

Saran
Inebriated

Yes, I've enjoyed the story so far, so thank you for making these available for us to read.  I've enjoyed a number of your stories.  Keep up the good work.

<sarcasm>
Thank you for making them available but hurry up and make more of it available!!!
</sarcasm>

I mean, I'd love to hear more, but as an author as well, and very much a hobbiest author, I completely understand taking some time to get a story onto the page and properly edited and such.  Sometimes a story just wants to flow out of your head and onto the digital page, and other times you find yourself at a block point... where you're brain, muse and the universe are like...  yeah, this is where you're stuck for a while.  At least it does that to me.

#321 2024-01-22 00:52:17

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Oh, you left out the part after "this is where you're stuck for a while", where they add in, "But we're also going to make you think about the next scene every single fucking night when you lie down to go to sleep, so that we deprive you of rest, too."

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#322 2024-01-31 06:18:45

Stretchlace
Tipsy

Hi Eric
     I saw your reply about comments (or lack thereof). I came to Wolf Pub following Bistander's Potential story line. I started looking around while waiting for him to post new chapters (a frequent situation). Came across your page and read a number of your stories and then started reading AC. Your writing is well crafted with very few (if any) typos/misspellings. I enjoy reading your stories and Agent is very involved and keeps me coming back. It's complexity keeps me thinking in order to keep up with all the twists and turns. Something most erotic stories don't do. At least from my point of view, your hard work and effort is very much appreciated. Please don't feel under appreciated and please continue to share your erotic tales. I have to apologize for not being enough of a fanboy to see the various character name grabs from other well known franchises that you mentioned in your reply. I check your page (and Bistander's) several times a week for updates. Thank you for taking the time to write these stories and for sharing them with us.   

darthel0101 wrote:

Eric Storm wrote:

I've been doing this for 26 years now, and I still worry that nobody gives a shit whether I continue or not, so yes, comments are very important.  Your silence is the equivalent of saying, "I don't care if you're here or not," at least in our heads.

Eric Storm

Eric,
I KEEP a page open in my browser showing your forum listing and I refresh it at least a few times a week.
I re-read WWA fairly frequently just because I like seeing how you get your characters from point "A" to point "B".
I re-read AoC (at least from a random middle chapter) every time you release a new chapter and enjoy watching the story develop.
You are an important writer to me, and I like how you work puns and other references into your stories. Your humorous presentations are also fun to read and something that keeps me coming back.

Thank you for allowing us to get a glimpse into your fantasies.

#323 2024-01-31 09:37:14

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

I appreciate your feedback.  Now if my muse would just listen to you and let me write something...

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#324 2024-02-08 12:32:04

Bigcat50
Tipsy

Excellent story can't wait for more

(posted from the Item Information Page)

#325 2024-03-05 10:02:07

CetanTanka
Tipsy