The Pub Discussion Board

Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#1 2007-01-08 11:53:28

spuppy
Tipsy

"Submissions since the Day of Your Last Visit" shows old info

the "Submissions since the Day of Your Last Visit" shows old info for items that were added. It still shows the great images that Net Wolf added back on December 30.

Just though someone may want to know that something is not quite working correcly in showing items since the last visit.

Thanks and keep up the great work. This is a wonderful site and I thank you for your work in setting it up and keeping it going.

Thanks
Spuppy

#2 2007-01-08 19:58:36

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Re: "Submissions since the Day of Your Last Visit" shows old info

Have you actually proceeded beyond the front page since then?  For instance, does that old info show now that you've posted to the forum?

Just visiting the front page will not count as a "visit", so the info will remain on the page.  You have to actually go into an author's section, or visit the forum, to register as having visited the site for purposes of that list of submissions.

Net Wolf

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#3 2007-01-09 00:31:11

nightsecho
Wasted

its done that to me also but it's usually fine within 2 days
(i check the forum on every visit)

looking at you with wide eyes from the darkness

#4 2007-01-09 03:30:13

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

nightsecho:

Yours probably isn't so much a glitch as a programming choice.  The list doesn't show "things posted since your last visit".  It posts things "posted since the day of your last visit", including the day of your last visit.  So if you visit daily, it's going to show you stuff posted yesterday and today, all the time.

Net Wolf

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#5 2007-01-09 11:56:01

spuppy
Tipsy

Net Wolf wrote:

Have you actually proceeded beyond the front page since then?  For instance, does that old info show now that you've posted to the forum?

Just visiting the front page will not count as a "visit", so the info will remain on the page.  You have to actually go into an author's section, or visit the forum, to register as having visited the site for purposes of that list of submissions.

Net Wolf

You are correct. I had not checked the forums until yesterday. I was just reading and enjoying "Winter's Blade". After I did go to the forums the count reset.

Thanks for the info on how the counters work.
Spuppy

#6 2007-01-09 22:04:58

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Hmmm.  If you were reading a story, it should have counted that as a visit.  I will need to look into that.  Thanks for the heads-up.

Net Wolf

----
Facebook page

Board footer