The Pub Discussion Board

Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#1 2006-12-23 10:12:22

Mischa
Tipsy

Question on how to open downloaded stories

Hi,

I just downloaded the both Camp stories by Net Wol'f but I can't seem to open them. What program do I have to use? I think the first Camp storie is great, I've read it about half when it was still on EWPUB.

Hope you guys can help me.

Gr.

Mischa

#2 2006-12-23 17:10:47

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Re: Question on how to open downloaded stories

The file is a .zip file.  It needs to be opened with an unzipping program, such as WinZIP, WinRAR, or PKZIP.  Windows, if that is what you're using, should have the ability to open / decompress the file natively.  If you're using some other OS, there are different ways to do it.  Linux has gzip, which should handle the file.  the Mac OSes have other utilities to handle ZIP files.

Net Wolf

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#3 2006-12-24 06:09:50

Storymaster69
Completely Blotto

Net Wolf wrote:

Windows, if that is what you're using, should have the ability to open / decompress the file natively.

This is true if you are talking Windows XP or Vista.  Windows 2000 I don't think had it built in but I never used it enough to say this for sure.  Anything older than that did not have a built in ability to open .zip files.

Sex isn't the answer.
Sex is the question.
Yes is the answer.

#4 2006-12-24 18:17:32

CSquared
Wasted

Storymaster69 wrote:

Net Wolf wrote:

Windows, if that is what you're using, should have the ability to open / decompress the file natively.

This is true if you are talking Windows XP or Vista.  Windows 2000 I don't think had it built in but I never used it enough to say this for sure.  Anything older than that did not have a built in ability to open .zip files.

You're quite right, 2000 was not imbued with the inherent ability to unzip files.  XP was the first to implement the "compressed folder" feature.  And, I must say, I hate it. XD

CSquared

Board footer