You are not logged in.

#1 2010-02-25 21:06:24

Veritas
Wasted
Website

Dark Dungeons

There I was, simply surfing the net for some D&D stuff and I find this:

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0046/0046_01.asp

It's a Christian anti-dungeons and dragons comic.

Borderline funny and horrific.

#2 2010-02-26 01:05:04

Storymaster69
Completely Blotto

Re: Dark Dungeons

Veritas wrote:

There I was, simply surfing the net for some D&D stuff and I find this:

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0046/0046_01.asp

It's a Christian anti-dungeons and dragons comic.

Borderline funny and horrific.

I just find it scary and rather fucked up that people could honestly believe the BS that comic portrays.

*shakes head*

Sex isn't the answer.
Sex is the question.
Yes is the answer.

#3 2010-02-26 22:15:10

LAoW
Completely Blotto

You know, the only thing I got from that was being chained up in a dungeon of bondage. I'm on that train!!! WOOOOO!!! (I'm so going to burn in hell, but I don't care!) ...on a more serious note, that kind of shit is really fucked up, but I remember my dad saying something like it would corrupt me when I started playing AD&D. He was really against it. So it is kinda' real. But it's also like saying kids kill people "because of the music." People just always look for a scapegoat, but never seem to get the correct reasons down. Fucking idiots.

I don't have to worry about revenge because Karma is a bigger bitch than I will ever have to be.

#4 2010-02-27 00:35:14

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

SM, trust me, they're out there.  My Sister in law thinks SANTA CLAUS is evil, for crying out loud.  She also believed (until her husband and I set her straight) that GARGOYLES were DEMONIC!!!  (Never mind that you find them on the outside of churches.......)

Eric

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#5 2010-02-27 01:30:32

hattahatt
Inebriated

Wow, I used to DM games, I must be pretty much set for life. Oh well, no hope for me! Think of me when I'm burning in the fires of hell for playing D&D!

#6 2010-02-27 04:02:45

lordalpha
Wasted

Yea, there seems to be a period of history to which many US Citizens either ignore, or are ignorant of. There was a time in the 80's where fundamentalists were burning D&D and Role playing books, calling them demonic, and satanic. Mind you, this same mindset is what caused the "Tipper Sticker" and other such bullshit. I cannot say that every christian believes that(I DM games at my church lol) but the idea has kept going, more and more in the evangelical south, but with the advent of internet gaming and such, this ideology is slowly going away.

#7 2010-02-27 04:42:14

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Hatt:  Hell has no fires.   Hell is defined as "the absence of God".  This is a confusion by those who don't read the Bible closely enough.

Eric

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

Board footer