The Pub Discussion Board

Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#1 2010-01-05 04:19:03

LAoW
Completely Blotto

Let this be a lesson to you all!

I don't have to worry about revenge because Karma is a bigger bitch than I will ever have to be.

#2 2010-01-05 19:48:52

hattahatt
Inebriated

Re: Let this be a lesson to you all!

I heard about that the other day. It looks like I should be a little more careful about what I play then 3dwink .

#3 2010-01-05 20:53:54

LAoW
Completely Blotto

hattahatt wrote:

I heard about that the other day. It looks like I should be a little more careful about what I play then 3dwink .

What, did you kill someone and turn them into a zombie? Cause if so, I wanna play with the zombie!

I don't have to worry about revenge because Karma is a bigger bitch than I will ever have to be.

#4 2010-01-05 21:11:22

lordalpha
Wasted

Hehe, My own fiasco with activision blizzard aside, I like this kinda thing. It is nice to be able to have a company that big working with local and state(and at times federal) law enforcement. I don't like the implications to this, or the idea of being tracked by my logins, but if I was really worried about that, I could do something about it.

#5 2010-01-06 01:36:46

Jefferson
Completely Blotto

lordalpha wrote:

I don't like the implications to this, or the idea of being tracked by my logins, but if I was really worried about that, I could do something about it.

Just don't give them a REASON to come looking for you. Best way to avoid it. 3dsmile

#6 2010-01-06 07:41:32

Neitherspace
Completely Blotto

the funniest bit though is his Main was a Druid Regen

not exactly playing to type is he i could see a rouge w alchemy Skill but a DRUID!

that's like a Catholic priest hanging out in the hard core bondage area of second life ...though ive been there and it REALLY wouldn't surprise me

"I figure that if you can't write decent dialogue for the devil, maybe you shouldn't be a writer."-Richard Kadrey

#7 2010-01-06 21:21:26

LAoW
Completely Blotto

Neitherspace: SL = ha! Don't make me laugh.

LA: Uhhhh...how do you know you could do something about it? Do you know Blizzard's practices and ability to locate someone?

#8 2010-01-06 21:28:36

lordalpha
Wasted

Somewhat, however, the basic idea is a trace on an IP address. A few workarounds exist for that, Tor, VPN, Ghosting, IP scrambles, Proxys...A mix of a few of those will make it harder to track 3dsmile

I love my degree, IT Security rocks!

#9 2010-01-07 00:59:59

hattahatt
Inebriated

Neitherspace wrote:

the funniest bit though is his Main was a Druid Regen

not exactly playing to type is he i could see a rouge w alchemy Skill but a DRUID!

that's like a Catholic priest hanging out in the hard core bondage area of second life ...though ive been there and it REALLY wouldn't surprise me

Actually I thought he was a restoration shaman, in english a healer. Alchemy is pretty good no matter what class you play, you can make helpful potions and flasks 3dsmile .

#10 2010-01-07 02:11:55

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

LordAlpha:

Every workaround you've just mentioned suddenly disappears with the right court order.  SOMEONE has to know your actual IP address, and therefore your actual location.  It isn't possible to disguise it entirely: some computer, somewhere, has to know how to get the information to you.  You can only make it more difficult.  And, oh yeah, by doing so, irritate the agents looking for you and thus guarantee they'll work harder to find your ass.

Eric

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#11 2010-01-07 13:55:42

lordalpha
Wasted

Well that is the entire point isnt it? You can never totally fade, unless you pull the plug, your only ability is make it harder and harder.

And as for the alchemy and druid thing. Considering when I left the game about 7 months ago resto shammies and druids were in highest demand, I can understand why he would play one. Instant gearing and guild if you can even half way play(click 3 buttons, repeat, sometimes move)

Board footer