The Pub Discussion Board

Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-09-16 07:52:04

Nadez
Wasted
Website

Site issue Resolved!/ Apology to Eric

Eric..Seemed to get mad at me last time because I posted in the Wrong Section..With this..so Im posting here to Say..One I got an email and it showed up what was in PRM! woot! and also I wanted to Clarify..I didnt MEAN to sound like an asshole in this message..I re read it now.. and it sounds like that..but really I was trying to make sure you knew it was still broken because I had SEEN that thread and the last post was old..or some such its been a month since I said this..and I realize Im a Non Entity here but ive come to like Eric and LAoW and all of you through my readings on the forum..so the PRM emails seem to be working..AND im sorry for sounding like a jackass

Nadez wrote:

Hey eric..your emails for PRM material dont list the stories still did You know that ?

Eric Storm wrote:

Hey, Nadez, there's a special section for website issues where this problem has already been discussed, did you know that?

Eric

Last edited by Nadez (2009-09-16 08:11:47)

#2 2009-09-16 17:29:29

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Re: Site issue Resolved!/ Apology to Eric

No worries, Nadez.  And you're not a non-entity.  I recognize your name, which is far more than I can say for about 95% of the people who visit this site...

Yes, the emails have been "patched".  I at least got it to where people could see stuff.  Unfortunately, now they may see some stuff they don't care about.

The program that sends out the emails compiles a list of who to send it to based on whether any of the updates that day are of interest to them.  This part of the program has always worked, and has not been touched.

There is a second part, however, which told the program whether to show them a specific update for that day.  This is the part that is somehow broken, and the part I have circumvented.  Now the email just shows you ALL of that day's updates.  So, you may see an item here or there that you don't care about... but it won't cause you to get extra emails.  Every email will contain SOMETHING that pertains to you.

I'll get this fixed when life slows down a little.  Right now, I just can't spare the time to look into it deeply.

Eric

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#3 2009-09-17 08:42:04

Nadez
Wasted
Website

Honestly I like knowing all the updates its good to see what changes on the site, makes me feel more..at home or something.. *Grin* yay! im not a non Entity and of course you know my Name I have my amazing wit and Perfect Hilarity that is my Humour

#4 2009-09-17 17:41:37

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

If you want to receive ALL updates, there is a checkbox in the User utilities that will allow you to receive all of them, regardless of your Favorites settings....

Just go to the main site, then go to User Tools > Additional Options, and check the box that says "Receive All Email Updates".  Make sure you click the "Save Changes" button at the bottom, too.  3dsmile  This will let you receive every email that the site broadcasts.

(I don't know if you've already done this or not, Nadez.  I just thought it was a good time to remind people it was there.  3dbig_smile)

Eric

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#5 2009-09-18 08:57:36

Nadez
Wasted
Website

Brilliant! I swear, I go for months without looking at the tools because im so focused on reading and replying in the forum, thanks for the tip boss man

Board footer