Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-07-03 22:11:49

Veritas
Wasted
Website

Now wait just one second...

http://www.examiner.com/x-2912-Seattle- … ilizations

There I was, calmly reading about NASA's LCROSS mission when UFOs pop up... Then there's a moon base on the dark side of the moon... And we're aparently about to declare war on them (are terrorists hiding on the moon now?)...

Now I have a headache creeping up on me and I feel very confused.

#2 2009-07-04 04:38:27

mjsinjapan
Inebriated

Re: Now wait just one second...

Veritas wrote:

"then NASA and by extension the U.S. government are guilty of aggressive war which is the most serious of war crimes under the U.N. Charter and the Geneva Conventions,"

Like the US hasn't been down that road before. *cough*Iraq conflict*cough*

But yeah, like we, err, the united states government dosen't have enough to deal with, now they're going to bomb the moon. Looking for water? Is that the best they could come up with? Pathetic.

Comon Eric! What better story could they feed us other than 'uhh... we're looking for water'? Go creative boy!

#3 2009-07-04 07:56:25

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

1. The United States *never ratified* the Geneva Convention, so we are not, in fact, bound by it.  We follow it anyway, of our own volition.

2.  Anyone who seriously thinks there is an alien base on the far side of the moon needs to have their head examined.  We are not worthy of that level of scrutiny by anyone, and if they had nefarious motivations, they would have carried them out already.  After all, if they have the tech to make it here, they sure as hell have the tech to wipe the floor with us.

3. We are not bombing the moon any more than we are "bombing" a gold mine.  We are impacting the moon for scientific study.  As I understand it, there aren't even any explosives in the impacter; it's simply a heavy mass.  I could be wrong about that, but it doesn't really matter.  Neither impact nor explosion actually constitute a "bomb".

4.  You want a better cover story for an alleged bombing of a far-side alien warbase?  Um....  The Arkelians want the Galaxy, and have given us a standard galactic week to return it?  Hell if I know.

Eric

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#4 2009-07-04 19:15:50

LAoW
Completely Blotto

Eric Storm wrote:

4.  You want a better cover story for an alleged bombing of a far-side alien warbase?  Um....  The Arkelians want the Galaxy, and have given us a standard galactic week to return it?  Hell if I know.

Eric

Here: http://www.wolfpub.org/contributors/sho … amp;cid=25

I just saved the world. wOot for me!

I don't have to worry about revenge because Karma is a bigger bitch than I will ever have to be.

#5 2009-07-06 13:56:51

halmir
Inebriated

Ummm...13 out of how many countries have signed the Moon Treaty.  Ummm, in the USA, isn't a treaty ratified by 3/4 of the Senate?  So, with less than 1/3 of the countries in the world signing the Moon Treaty, it is recognized as international law?  That to me is BS.  I think the article is way out in left field, because of the fact that they cite a treaty that is not really law.

Oh, and about Iraq, we had a Cease Fire that required that Iraq PROVE it had no chemical, biological, or nuclear weapons.  They did not do so, so we had the RIGHT under the conditions of the Cease Fire that allowed us invade and remove the government.  We just did not do a good enough job to point out that it was the only country we could legally invade to prove to the terrorist sponsor states that we could remove their governments.

Life: An endless journey that only changes to a different journey upon death.

Look out! There is a Klingon on your tail!

Board footer