The Pub Discussion Board

Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-03-29 04:16:47

LAoW
Completely Blotto

Tell me all about it!!!

Okay! So it's about time we had something new!

Back in the day, I loved hearing all the things people would say to Eric about him and his stories. Woo! Let me tell you, I thought I had heard some crazy wackos, but wow. Some people just make me wonder. Any who... On that subject, what I want to know is: what are your best compliments/threats/or just plain off the wall fan response to something you've written? As Storymaster pointed out, unless you have written consent from the writer of the e-mail, you probably shouldn't repost names or the actual e-mail, but hey. You can tell us about it. 3dwink So come on! Tell us about it! We know you wanna brag. Spill it!!!

Thanks Night Wolf, for the idea. 3dwink Post yours right along.

I don't have to worry about revenge because Karma is a bigger bitch than I will ever have to be.

#2 2009-03-29 04:34:52

AceMcCloud
Inebriated
Website

Re: Tell me all about it!!!

I got this one email:

I can see why the violence disturbed you. I'm
sorry I had the unforunate experience of finding
your name and that you might qualify as a romance
writer. This is pure filth and not worthy of any
persons effort to read or write. I stopped after
the 8 year old boy was stabbed. My disgust
overwelms me. You should be ashamed! I should
have abided by your disclaimer on violence it was
just something I never expected after your first
story entitled "Fruit cake Lover" I'm sorry
you failed the taste test.

Note that:

1. MDL was written BEFORE FL.
2. MDL has always had a Caution tag on it - just for this reason.
3. MDL is definitely the better story. FL should have gone through another round of editing.

Ace

Stories on MP3 - The [Adult] Reading For The Blind project: http://www.asstr.org/~Stories_on_MP3/

#3 2009-03-29 05:21:57

Storymaster69
Completely Blotto

Well I don't get a lot of e-mails.  I can't say I've ever really got what I would consider hate mail except the one where I was admonished for a typo that "ruined" the story.

If you have read most of my work I tend to write what I term lesbian erotica.  As I guy I find it cool when I get the women readers who let me know in their own kinky ways  that I got it right by telling me how much it turned them on.  I have actually had a few replies to my replies expressing surprise that I am a guy.

I have not received any of these for a long time but on an older story, not posted here because of lack of quality, called "Cinderella" I did get one with requests for how I should continue the story that quite frankly was rather extreme that I would never personally write.

Not sure if that really answers your question but there it is.

Sex isn't the answer.
Sex is the question.
Yes is the answer.

#4 2009-03-31 03:30:17

LAoW
Completely Blotto

Storymaster69 wrote:

Well I don't get a lot of e-mails.  I can't say I've ever really got what I would consider hate mail except the one where I was admonished for a typo that "ruined" the story.

If you have read most of my work I tend to write what I term lesbian erotica.  As I guy I find it cool when I get the women readers who let me know in their own kinky ways  that I got it right by telling me how much it turned them on.  I have actually had a few replies to my replies expressing surprise that I am a guy.

I have not received any of these for a long time but on an older story, not posted here because of lack of quality, called "Cinderella" I did get one with requests for how I should continue the story that quite frankly was rather extreme that I would never personally write.

Not sure if that really answers your question but there it is.

For a little typo to have ruined a story...wow. Talk about a true piece of work on that one. 3dwink

And SM, you know how we women love surprises! To find out you got it right? What a lovely one, indeed!

And on the story of "Cinderella", now I'm curious as to what the extreme continuation would be...hmmmmm...

THANKS FOR THE REPLY! 3dwink

I don't have to worry about revenge because Karma is a bigger bitch than I will ever have to be.

#5 2009-03-31 03:40:10

LAoW
Completely Blotto

AceMcCloud wrote:

I got this one email:

I can see why the violence disturbed you. I'm
sorry I had the unforunate experience of finding
your name and that you might qualify as a romance
writer. This is pure filth and not worthy of any
persons effort to read or write. I stopped after
the 8 year old boy was stabbed. My disgust
overwelms me. You should be ashamed! I should
have abided by your disclaimer on violence it was
just something I never expected after your first
story entitled "Fruit cake Lover" I'm sorry
you failed the taste test.

Note that:

1. MDL was written BEFORE FL.
2. MDL has always had a Caution tag on it - just for this reason.
3. MDL is definitely the better story. FL should have gone through another round of editing.

Ace

So many things are wrong about this e-mail, even more so than you pointed out. It hurts my brain just reading it. Whoever wrote it really must have not paid attention to anything. Thanks for the reply!

#6 2009-03-31 03:46:59

Neitherspace
Completely Blotto

while i haven't posed a story in a while (i'm working on 2 atm i may submit here) i have had a pet project of creating desktops for all lantern corps in dc comics (there are 8 now) alot of ppl have told me they like my red and blue oaths better than the real ones wich considering they were writen by pros i take as a HUGE complement

lol i got so into a groove i actually wrote one for me as the "silver" lantern

I dream in days
I dream at night
I spin creations out of light
To those who enjoy these sights
May the muses bless you
In silver light

"I figure that if you can't write decent dialogue for the devil, maybe you shouldn't be a writer."-Richard Kadrey

#7 2009-03-31 16:01:16

LAoW
Completely Blotto

Neitherspace wrote:

while i haven't posed a story in a while (i'm working on 2 atm i may submit here) i have had a pet project of creating desktops for all lantern corps in dc comics (there are 8 now) alot of ppl have told me they like my red and blue oaths better than the real ones wich considering they were writen by pros i take as a HUGE complement

lol i got so into a groove i actually wrote one for me as the "silver" lantern

I dream in days
I dream at night
I spin creations out of light
To those who enjoy these sights
May the muses bless you
In silver light

Sometimes those pros get it into their head that they have to have everything just so and can not deviate from the style they started with or perhaps in all reality, you are actually better than the pros. In either case, they need to fire someone. 3dwink Thanks for the post!

#8 2009-03-31 21:21:05

Neitherspace
Completely Blotto

lol actually for the first 2 i kept the same paramiters as the gl oath

1 had to mention day and night
2 had to mention the emotion
3 had to rhyme
4 had to be 7 lines
5 last line is shouted

worked well till orange (greed) and i got stuck

anyway me plus bored crated this

pub writers oath:
We post at random
and update late
but you'll check everyday
as is your fate
to those how think Meyer's a HACK!
One and all
WELCOME TO THE PACK!

eric feel free to screw with this was off the top of my head

Last edited by Neitherspace (2009-04-01 05:02:36)

"I figure that if you can't write decent dialogue for the devil, maybe you shouldn't be a writer."-Richard Kadrey

#9 2009-03-31 21:41:43

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Who the hell is Meyer?

Eric

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#10 2009-04-01 05:01:58

Neitherspace
Completely Blotto

Stephanie Meyer writer of twilight

sparkly vampires nuf said

#11 2009-04-01 07:01:37

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Ah.  Haven't read Twilight.

Eric

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#12 2009-04-01 15:56:39

LAoW
Completely Blotto

3dhmm

Last edited by LAoW (2009-04-01 15:58:20)

#13 2009-04-03 02:17:01

Neitherspace
Completely Blotto

i'll save you time eric the vampires Sparkle in the sunlight like there covered in glitter

#14 2009-04-10 22:58:54

Yellow Snow
Inebriated

After I wrote my naked in school story. I received a very heart-warming email from a person that was the head of a support group for abused mothers and children. He was very complimentary about my story and told me it touched him deeply. WHEN I write, I kind of like to know I have touched at least one person. It is emails like that, that make it all worthwhile.

If you give a man a fire, he will be warm for that day, if you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

#15 2009-04-10 23:01:01

Yellow Snow
Inebriated

btw LAoW you're most certainly welcome, as well as smart, funny sexy....oops sorry, didn't mean to get carried away

If you give a man a fire, he will be warm for that day, if you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

#16 2009-04-11 02:58:57

LAoW
Completely Blotto

Yellow Snow wrote:

After I wrote my naked in school story. I received a very heart-warming email from a person that was the head of a support group for abused mothers and children. He was very complimentary about my story and told me it touched him deeply. WHEN I write, I kind of like to know I have touched at least one person. It is emails like that, that make it all worthwhile.

You know, it makes you look at the people out there who surround you in your daily lives. We all have our little secrets; that little piece of us we try and hide from the public eye. I, for one, am glad I have the pub where I don't have to be afraid to just be me. Granted, some know me better than others, some wish they *didn't* know me better than others, and I daresay some just would rather not know me (and of course, Wolf, you just want to know me even better than most! 3dwink). I suspect that even those hardcore Fundamentalists have their vices that others would frown upon. It all comes down to a matter of perspective. Thanks for your response...and don't worry about getting carried away with the other one. We know you're old and that happens sometimes. Uh oh! I went there! Tee hee!

#17 2009-04-11 16:25:52

Yellow Snow
Inebriated

I'm not THAT old. I know I'm young enough to keep up with you 3dtongue lol

Board footer