The Pub Discussion Board

Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-02-10 06:10:04

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

A new place for the Pre-Release Material

You may have noticed the little box at the bottom of the front page is missing.  The one that had the Pre-Release material listed in it.

No, we didn't close down the section.  We did, however, move it.

Now, all PRM stories (and art) can be found in the regular site, on the page of the contributor that wrote them.  The link on the menu to Pre-Release Material now takes you to a special Search Results page that will list all of them in the same Search Results style you've become accustomed to.  As you can probably see, PRM stories (and art) will be marked with a [PRM] tag.  If you are a donator, you will be able to access this material just like any other story or image on the site.  If you are NOT a donator, the links to these items / units will be disabled.  If you want access, you'll have to donate.

There are probably going to be some kinks in this system as we get it up and running.  Please bear with us.  Also, at the time of this posting, not all of the old PRM stuff had yet made it into the new locations.  Please be patient, and it will be returned.

Thanks,
Eric

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#2 2009-02-11 15:07:15

fiferguy
Inebriated

Re: A new place for the Pre-Release Material

Hi Eric,

I was just wondering, will the PRM ever be released to the general population, or will it always be PRM? I ask because my situation doesn't allow me to donate to anyone right now.

Thanks,
Fifer

#3 2009-02-11 17:19:34

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Let me make this clear:  This is not, and never will be, a pay site.

"PRM" is short for "Pre-Release Material".  Thus, that implies at some point, it will be "released".  Now, for some authors, and for some stories, they may not release it until the entire story is finished... or they will have set a particular number of days for it to remain in PRM until it goes public.  Either way, the rule is, yes, it will eventually be available whether or not you donate.  The question is merely, do you feel like waiting for it?

I can certainly sympathize with the "not being able to donate to anyone right now" bit.  I'm not quite that strapped at the moment, but I have been in the past.  So, in that case, just sit back and wait for the non-PRM stuff... or for the PRM stuff that rolls over into public stuff.

Thanks for the question,
Eric

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#4 2009-02-11 21:09:40

fiferguy
Inebriated

Hey Eric,

Thanks for getting back to me.  Yeah, I'd love to support your site, and a few others, but working on two masters degrees leaves me pretty broke most of the time.  Thanks for keeping this a non-pay site.

Fifer

#5 2009-02-11 23:06:34

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

@.@  TWO Master's degrees?  What are you, some kind of over-achiever?  3dsmile

Eric

----
Facebook page

#6 2009-02-12 00:32:56

fiferguy
Inebriated

LOL.... They're related, so it's not SO bad.  But it means that it'll take me 3 and a half or 4 years to finish instead of two.  ;-) 

The crazy part is what comes next.  One of my advisors is trying to get me to go for dual doctorates--one a PhD and one a DMA (Doctor of Musical Arts).  I'm still thinking about that one...

#7 2009-02-12 03:11:50

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

It'll be time for you to retire by the time you get out of school!

3dbig_smile

Good luck with all that,
Eric

----
Facebook page

Board footer