The Pub Discussion Board

Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#26 2009-02-08 21:37:49

Giskard
Inebriated

Re: The Anointed One and What's Next?

Halmir writes: " I do hope that none of this occurs and that Obama is a natural-born citizen.  I may not like his policies and hope those policies fail; but I love this country a great deal."

Personally, I hope that his policies DO work as we are going to have him for at least 4 years. I put up with the policies of "W" for 8 years and althugh I "disagreed" with many of HIS policies, I have to live and work within those policies. DO you really want those policies to fail at this time? Granted - you do not want him as your President - but as many of my diehard Republican friends told me in 2000 and 2004, "He was elected as the President - deal with it" I had to learn to tolerate "W", now they can deal with Obama.

As a side note - I am neither Democrat nor Republican. I consider myself an independent who looks at the candidate and not the party. I understand partisan politics are prevalent - but I will never vote "straight ticket". Unfortunatly when one does not like either candidate, we must choose "the lessor of two evils".

Sadly, if "Big Business" donated as much to society as much as they do to facillitate "their" candidate, we would never have poverty and inflated prices of cheap products. As it is my cost of meds/food/autos/et.al. are paying for the big businesses political favors

BTW  - Eric, do you ever wonder what possessed the founding fathers to draft that particular item into the Constitution which would encourage the VP to compromise the policies of the current President ands position themselves as the next President? Kinda sounds like it would be a Roman/klingon type of Republic. Kill the current ruler to gain the throne. WTF?

I now leave my Soapbox

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not
  sure about the former."
  - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

#27 2009-02-08 22:00:47

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Re: The Anointed One and What's Next?

No, I'm pretty sure it was pure naivety.  They felt that the individual would put the country before himself, and do his utmost to serve the nation.

Keep in mind, they weren't anticipating a ruling class like we have allowed to happen here.  They actually expected Congresscritters to have OTHER jobs most of their lives.

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

Board footer