You are not logged in.

• Index
  •  » Politics
  •  » Final Predictions about the US Elections

#1 2008-11-02 23:21:23

Jefferson
Completely Blotto

Final Predictions about the US Elections

With the election one day and a wake-up away....

Who do you WANT to win the White House?

Will it be close? Or a landslide?

Who WILL win the White House?

And finally

Will either party get a majority in either house of Congress?

My own answers:

Who do I want to win, John McCain.
Who WILL win... I think it's going to be very close. Right now, I think Obama. Ask me tomorrow, I'll probably give you a different answer.

As for Congress, I think whichever party gets the White House, the OTHER party will get Congress.

#2 2008-11-04 04:48:16

Neitherspace
Completely Blotto

Re: Final Predictions about the US Elections

i won't make any predictions but i will mention that Nickelodeons Kids pick the president called it for Obama (seeing how kids pick who there parents like and its only been wrong Once...)

"I figure that if you can't write decent dialogue for the devil, maybe you shouldn't be a writer."-Richard Kadrey

#3 2008-11-04 05:55:24

WarLord
Wasted
Website

Greetings

Well I'm tired of the ads even if I am fond of elections and politics

I'm a straight ticket Building Trades Union Labor Democrat.  I guess too late to change my wicked ways now. 3dwink That means I'm hoping for Obama win and a 55 or better Democratic Senate with a 250 or better Democratic House of Representatives.

My prediction is Obama with about 325 Electoral Votes and 52% of popular vote.    If Obama takes Virginia decisively it could well be harbinger to 375 EV's and that landslide but unlikely to see as the polls tighten here in final hours.  I'd say equally unlikely to see McMaverick win, I'm guessing him for about 150 EV's at final tally

My prediction for Senate is Democratic Majority with between 55 and 59 seats.  My house prediction is Democratic majority.

As you noted sometime Wednesday we'll all be much more informed on the subject but its fun to guess up a storm

Enjoy the journey and be sure to VOTE!

WarLord

"A scrupulous writer, in every sentence that he writes, will ask himself at least four questions, thus: 1. What am I trying to say? 2. What words will express it? 3. What image or idiom will make it clearer? 4. Is this image fresh enough to have an effect?" - George Orwell, Politics and the English Language, 1946

#4 2008-11-04 06:23:49

WarLord
Wasted
Website

Jefferson wrote:

With the election one day and a wake-up away....

Who WILL win the White House?

Just for fun

Dixville Notch has spoken: It's Obama in a landslide

Enjoy the journey

WarLord

"A scrupulous writer, in every sentence that he writes, will ask himself at least four questions, thus: 1. What am I trying to say? 2. What words will express it? 3. What image or idiom will make it clearer? 4. Is this image fresh enough to have an effect?" - George Orwell, Politics and the English Language, 1946

#5 2008-11-04 17:52:11

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Here's my prediction:

Somebody will win.
Somebody will lose.
MILLIONS are going to be pissed off.

Eric

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#6 2008-11-04 19:15:37

WarLord
Wasted
Website

Eric Storm wrote:

Here's my prediction:

Somebody will win.
Somebody will lose.
MILLIONS are going to be pissed off.

Eric

Greetings

That's the problem with voting "against" no satisfaction when they tally the votes.

Enjoy the journey

WarLord

#7 2008-11-05 06:00:29

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Let's see how I did:

Somebody will win:  Check.

Somebody will lose:  Check.

MILLIONS are going to be pissed off:  Well, at least four or five that I know of first-hand... if I extrapolate out... Check and Mate.  3dsad

Eric

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#8 2008-11-05 07:06:42

WarLord
Wasted
Website

Eric Storm wrote:

Let's see how I did:

if I extrapolate out... Check and Mate.  3dsad

Eric

How you did?

Not even close 3dwink

But it was a hell of a fun night for those of us voting in favor 3dbig_smile

Enjoy the journey for it is always and only about that journey

WarLord

#9 2008-11-05 09:18:47

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

I only hope you're as happy with your choice four years from now.  I expect the country to be much worse off for its choice.

Eric

----
Facebook page

#10 2008-11-18 02:47:00

carlyse_09
Tipsy
Website

The president will depend on the citizens of the country.It's their freedom to vote for the president they want..

• Index
  •  » Politics
  •  » Final Predictions about the US Elections

Board footer