Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#1 2008-04-29 04:34:10

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Beta Testers Requested

Hello, everyone.

I am nearly done with the input side of the recipe book, and at this point, I am looking for people to beta-test this part of the system for me.

In order to be a beta tester, you need to have at least five recipes that you can upload to the system to test it.  These recipes will be shown upon release of the recipe book, so they need to be real recipes.  Recipes of various levels of complexity would be appreciated, so you can test the system thoroughly.

Also, I'd like to get people using different browsers, if at all possible.  I personally use Firefox, and have created the pages using it to verify functionality.  I would like to get IE7 users, Mac users, maybe even Linux users.

So, if you are interested in helping out in this, please contact me VIA EMAIL (use the Email link here in the forum).

Please let me know:
1. OS and version
2. browser and version
3. number of recipes you can contribute in a period of... say a week
4. level of computer literacy

I should have the input side done in a couple days, then we'll start beta-testing.  Why am I beta-testing this system?  Um... 'cause.  3dsmile  It's just complicated enough that I'd like to make sure it works before everyone has access to it.  I couldn't do it with any of the other systems here, but I'd like to do it with this one.

Thanks for your time.
Eric

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#2 2008-05-12 07:36:30

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Re: Beta Testers Requested

Just an update, because it's been two weeks since I last talked about it.

RL provided some obstacles which slowed me down considerably (some puppy deaths, and a family member in the hospital), but things seem to have settled out, for the moment.

As to the recipe book, today I completed the programming for each stage of the input of the recipe.  I still need to re-order them to be in a more logical progression, but then they will be ready for the beta testers.  I will then begin working on the display side, to show the recipes to everyone.

I thank everyone for their patience.  Hopefully, I'll have the recipe book up and running by the end of the month... barring any OTHER unforeseen circumstances.

Eric

PS: I'm still looking for beta testers, so if you're interested, follow the directions above.  Please know that I'm not looking for any particular level of computer skill or any programming ability whatsoever.

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#3 2008-05-14 21:51:56

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Just a short update to let you know that the recipe book's submission utility is now in beta testing.  As soon as that is completed, I'll work on the display side.

Eric

----
Facebook page

#4 2008-05-19 01:27:45

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Just another short update.

The recipe input section is moving fairly smoothly through beta testing.
The recipe display section just entered beta testing.

I'm hoping to have the whole system ready for publication on June 1.

Eric

----
Facebook page

Board footer