The Pub Discussion Board

Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#1 2008-03-26 14:20:31

advancewar
Wasted

wene im bored

wene i get realy bored i start coming up with random plans for wene the imposible things in the world start happening. anyone else do that?

life=books

#2 2008-03-26 14:21:36

advancewar
Wasted

Re: wene im bored

as a for instance i have an entire contingency plan for wene zombies attack lol

life=books

#3 2008-03-27 07:03:59

Neitherspace
Completely Blotto

lol im reading the Zombie survival guide atm theres acctually good info in there if you take it as if it was real

and I've been planing out a paranormal survival kit in my head ever since i wrote the original DSA story (gain when I'm boried)

...one of these days i gotta write DSA: Code Black cuse thats what its about a zombie attack on a city

Last edited by Neitherspace (2008-03-27 07:16:15)

"I figure that if you can't write decent dialogue for the devil, maybe you shouldn't be a writer."-Richard Kadrey

#4 2008-03-28 20:33:22

Veritas
Wasted
Website

When I'm bored I plan for an eventual apocalypse and/or fall of civilization.

What supplies I want and where to get them; where I'll rebuild my small corner of civilization; inspiring leader or semi-benevolent warlord.

It's all dependant on how it'll all end: nuclear war, plague, alien invasion, asteroid strike, extreme climate changes, zombie invasion or the elimination of all tecnology (as in Stirling's "Dies the Fire").

Check out "Field Guide to the Apocalypse" by Meghann Marco.

#5 2008-03-29 09:08:09

Neitherspace
Completely Blotto

Veritas wrote:

When I'm bored I plan for an eventual apocalypse and/or fall of civilization.

What supplies I want and where to get them; where I'll rebuild my small corner of civilization; inspiring leader or semi-benevolent warlord.

It's all dependant on how it'll all end: nuclear war, plague, alien invasion, asteroid strike, extreme climate changes, zombie invasion or the elimination of all tecnology (as in Stirling's "Dies the Fire").

Check out "Field Guide to the Apocalypse" by Meghann Marco.

*cough* OMEGA FILE *cough*

"I figure that if you can't write decent dialogue for the devil, maybe you shouldn't be a writer."-Richard Kadrey

#6 2008-03-31 22:23:13

CSquared
Wasted

advancewar wrote:

as a for instance i have an entire contingency plan for wene zombies attack lol

As have I.  I figure there are three ranges you'd engage a zombie over, for example.  These are long, medium and melee.  I've decided on my weapon of choice for each range, and where to source them.

Long:

Lee Enfield Mk. 3.  There's an antique weapons shop in town, and Lee Enfields are easy as pie to reactivate.  303 ammo is plentiful in this country.  Not to mention that with a little practise, you can get headshots from a mile away with this gun.

Medium:

Dual Colt Single Action Army revolvers.  Also from the antique weapons shop, and also easy to reactivate, since the most they ever do is plug the barrel.  I figure if I need more than ten rounds (oh, and while I'm able to, I'm not planning on dual wielding - I'll get the second one out when I run out of ammo on the first), I'm dead already.

Melee:

I'd go for a katana, since I've trained with them.  There's a martial arts supply shop that sells proper, modern katanas.  However, while collecting the guns, I'd grab an antique sword too - proper folded, pliant steel is better than the stuff they use these days, which is far too hard.  I'd only use the sword as a last resort - say there were eleven zombies, and I'd just run out of ammo for the revolvers.  Of course, you don't have to kill the zombie with a sword - you can simply slash its muscles.  Slice across the arms and legs, and that thing's immobile.

Too much detail? XD

CSquared

#7 2008-04-01 04:12:10

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Am I the only one that does things like watch TV or play video games when they're bored?

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#8 2008-04-01 04:46:50

Corvis
Inebriated

If I have the time and nothing more productive to do, I might look around at my surroundings to see if anything inspires a story idea.

Board footer