The Pub Discussion Board

Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#1 2008-03-18 03:53:55

Black Rose
Evil Bar Wench

Authors Unite!

Black Rose

"Being a writer is a very peculiar sort of a job: it's always you versus a blank sheet of paper (or a blank screen) and quite often the blank piece of paper wins." – Neil Gaiman

#2 2008-03-18 06:32:29

Khellendros
Inebriated

Re: Authors Unite!

I cry for the future of America. Not that I had any illusion that we read enough as a country.

Khellendros

#3 2008-03-18 16:33:12

CSquared
Wasted

I'm sorry, but this really amuses me.  Novellists do not have a rapid release schedule.  It's not like screenwriters, who, if they aren't writing, completely stall the industry.  If a novellist doesn't write, then their book doesn't get written.  That's it.  There are always more who'll be happy to take over if necessary.

What on Earth made them think they held the power to have a strike? O_o

CSquared

#4 2008-03-18 23:42:16

Storymaster69
Completely Blotto

CSquared wrote:

I'm sorry, but this really amuses me.  Novellists do not have a rapid release schedule.  It's not like screenwriters, who, if they aren't writing, completely stall the industry.  If a novellist doesn't write, then their book doesn't get written.  That's it.  There are always more who'll be happy to take over if necessary.

What on Earth made them think they held the power to have a strike? O_o

CSquared

It's a joke

Sex isn't the answer.
Sex is the question.
Yes is the answer.

#5 2008-03-19 00:45:49

unknown1000u2
Inebriated

Maybe it has made no difference because we've taken up the slack?  Everyone is reading on Wolfpub now?  Well, it COULD happen!

#6 2008-03-19 01:07:03

Black Rose
Evil Bar Wench

The Onion as a website only publishes fake news.  Hence people writing as Richard Bachman (which I believe is/was a pen name-or maybe the real name-of Stephen King), quite a few of the novelists stopping in the middle of their first novel (so they're totally unknown and not actually professional novelists as of yet)...etc.

Black Rose

"Being a writer is a very peculiar sort of a job: it's always you versus a blank sheet of paper (or a blank screen) and quite often the blank piece of paper wins." – Neil Gaiman

#7 2008-03-20 02:22:18

Neitherspace
Completely Blotto

newspapers are hemorrhaging money daily and are too stubborn to change the same could be said of the book i think devices like ebook readers w net access for news feeds are going to be the next big thing

"I figure that if you can't write decent dialogue for the devil, maybe you shouldn't be a writer."-Richard Kadrey

#8 2008-03-24 05:59:00

AceMcCloud
Inebriated
Website

Neitherspace wrote:

newspapers are hemorrhaging money daily and are too stubborn to change the same could be said of the book i think devices like ebook readers w net access for news feeds are going to be the next big thing

Well, as an ebook device owner, I don't even remotely miss news feeds - I like novels. I've read exactly ONE printed book in the last 4 months and something like 2-3 dozen ebooks in that time.

Ace

Stories on MP3 - The [Adult] Reading For The Blind project: http://www.asstr.org/~Stories_on_MP3/

Board footer