The Pub Discussion Board

Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#1 2006-12-08 16:53:38

chae_1901
Tipsy

Internet Explorer 7

I understand that this site is not setup for it yet, but I was wondering if you were going to set it up for it and if you are about how lone it will be so I can use your site since that is what I am running and cannot find everything that my son can find when using his computer

#2 2006-12-08 19:55:40

Storymaster69
Completely Blotto

Re: Internet Explorer 7

Net Wolf has discussed this issue here.  http://www.wolfpub.org/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=190#p190

Sex isn't the answer.
Sex is the question.
Yes is the answer.

#3 2006-12-08 22:24:42

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Furthermore, the site is NOT unusable with IE7.  It is merely quite ugly.  There is no content that is unreachable with IE7, and as far as I know, no functionality which is broken.  It is merely... ugly.  The IE7 issue is one of CSS interpretation, which IE7 does very poorly, and will require us to rewrite scripts to allow for different styling when IE7 is displaying the pages.  How long will that take?  Given its low priority on my list, probably a couple months.  I will probably work one page at a time to make the corrections, but it's never going to be a main priority for me.

Net Wolf

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#4 2006-12-09 00:50:16

Imagineer
Wasted

If you ever needed an incentive to try Firefox, the Pub should fit the bill nicely. If it doesn't, Google ie7 problems and you should be convinced that now is a good time to install a second browser.

I know that IE7 will be the new 800-pound gorilla of Internet browsers, but let's not beat poor Net Wolf over the head with it. If you're already infected with the IE7 virus, think of Firefox as the patch you need to install for some sites like the Pub to look their prettiest. That's not such a bad thing, is it?

Board footer