The Pub Discussion Board

Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#1 2007-10-22 01:35:06

Vivendi
Tipsy

Double clicking behaviour in Opera 9.24

Hi, I'm using Opera to view the site and I think that double clicking in Opera isn't working properly (for me atleast).

Ex.: In Opera, on the 'Pub Authors' page; single AND double clicks on an author's name in the list will change the right-side window to that author's info.
       In Firefox, single click changes the right-side window. Double clicking that author's name in the list loads that author's page.
       The same behaviour occurs on the 'My Stuff' page.

Now this was a little stupid of me but I didn't notice you could click on the author/story name in the right-side window to go to their respective page. So I'd been using Firefox instead of Opera to view this site. So it's no longer an issue for me since I've learnt to use the right-side window, but I thought I'd mention it anyways. Also, I'm assuming Firefox is showing the desired behaviour.

Opera:
Version             9.24
Build                 8816
Platform            Win32
System             Windows XP
Java                 Sun Java Runtime Environment version 1.6
XHTML+Voice    IBM Multimodal Runtime Environment, Version: 4.1.3, Build: 20050506.01.1

Firefox:
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.8) Gecko/20071008 Firefox/2.0.0.8

Thank you, Vivendi

#2 2007-10-22 02:17:29

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Re: Double clicking behaviour in Opera 9.24

I'm sorry.  While I can duplicate and verify the problem, I cannot find a way to rectify it.  Please continue to use the link in the right window to view it.

Somehow, I think Opera would claim that this is happening because "we're following the standards while no one else is", but ondblclick is one of the accepted HTML specs for both FORM and OPTION elements.

I do apologize for the inconvenience.
Net Wolf

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#3 2007-10-22 05:33:23

Vivendi
Tipsy

Re: Double clicking behaviour in Opera 9.24

Thanks for the quick reply Net Wolf. I'll keep using the link in the right window, it's not a bother for me. Firefox's my favourite anyways, haha.

Board footer