Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#1 2007-09-22 03:39:50

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Request For Comment: Contributor Activity Requirement

Hello, folks.

I have been concerned about something, and I would like to get some feedback from the readership.

First, let me give a little background information.  The Pub is not intended to become a story warehouse.  This isn't a book store.  It was intended to be more of a community.

Having said that, I am concerned with the lack of community participation by some of our contributors.  I want to make it clear that I'm not talking about when they post stories / artwork.  I'm referring to participating in public discussion, and contributing to the community.

Several of our contributors have not participated in a forum discussion in over three months.  One of our contributors has not even visited the site in over SIX months.  And, in my opinion, if they are not going to put forth the effort to support the community, then the community (ie, the site) should not be expending resources to support them, either.

So, I am considering implementing a participation requirement in order to be a contributor here.  I am not going to require anything radical; I'm not talking about posting daily, or weekly.  But I think if you don't post for more than, say, two months, or if you don't even VISIT for more than a month... then why should we support them?  They're not helping things here.

Now, before people point out that it looks like I'm running off what few contributors we have, I would like to make it clear that I'll be inviting a few new authors soon, who will hopefully be more active.

Please let me know what you think.  No policies have yet been changed, but a change is being considered.

Thank you for your time.  I hope you will take the time to consider this issue and reply with your considered opinion, rather than a knee-jerk reaction.

Sincerely,
Net Wolf

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#2 2007-09-24 01:25:29

SlaveMaster
Wasted

Re: Request For Comment: Contributor Activity Requirement

I think that it is a good idea because if contributors where to show up more, then they would be able to get some feedback from regulars and use that information to make their content more enjoyable.

Welcome to The Mystic Wolf Pub

#3 2007-10-07 21:46:01

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Re: Request For Comment: Contributor Activity Requirement

I'm closing this topic because you people obviously don't care, and because I've already made up my mind.

Net Wolf

PS: Thanks, SlaveMaster, for at least responding.

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

Board footer