You are not logged in.

• Index
  •  » Politics
  •  » somthing thats been bugging me for a couple days now

#1 2007-08-26 05:25:31

Neitherspace
Completely Blotto

somthing thats been bugging me for a couple days now

Why haven't there been any terrorist attacks on the Vatican?

Because isn't it like the biggest religious structure in the world?

And as such isn't it a HUGE affront to the Muslim faith?

and yes i know a Muslim terrorist tried to assassinate Pope John-Paul II I more reffering to the building(s) not the man who lives there

"I figure that if you can't write decent dialogue for the devil, maybe you shouldn't be a writer."-Richard Kadrey

#2 2007-08-26 05:52:24

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Re: somthing thats been bugging me for a couple days now

Um... 'cause it would cheese off like a billion people all at once?  Even Muslim fanatics aren't THAT crazy.

Net Wolf

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#3 2007-08-26 08:58:08

Neitherspace
Completely Blotto

...maybe, but if it was me(which its not, nice homeland security with the programs that are looking at this, glavin ) id at least be thinking about it

"I figure that if you can't write decent dialogue for the devil, maybe you shouldn't be a writer."-Richard Kadrey

#4 2007-08-26 15:28:35

CSquared
Wasted

The interesting thing is that it would be the only attack in history that would manage to destroy an entire country in one go.  The Vatican City does still count as its own country, right?

CSquared

#5 2007-08-26 19:53:07

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Yes, it does, CSquared, but you're assuming success.  Pretty as they might be in their ceremonial uniforms, I would not want to screw with the Vatican Guards.

Net Wolf

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#6 2007-08-26 19:59:52

CSquared
Wasted

Well, obviously - but were I a terrorist, I'd certainly consider it.  It would be quite an achievement were it to succeed.

CSquared

#7 2007-08-27 01:54:41

Neitherspace
Completely Blotto

yea the swiss guard carry assault weapons the halberds are just for ceremonial purposes.

after thinking about it i think the only reason that it hasn't been done is cause there aren't enough white Muslims that are terrorists (Iraqis would stand out like a sore thumb, as the majority of the residents of Vatican city are European.

#8 2007-08-28 03:42:25

Storymaster69
Completely Blotto

I think it would also be counter to the propaganda campaign they are working on: "America and those that support it are evil." "Out with the invaders of our countries" etc.  Yes the Roman Catholic church is probably the richest religious organization out there but really what justification could they use for such an attack and still be able to pretend it is for a greater purpose?

Sex isn't the answer.
Sex is the question.
Yes is the answer.

#9 2007-09-03 23:27:39

Jefferson
Completely Blotto

Storymaster, there's a flaw in your theory. That flaw is that terrorism was occurring LONG before the United States sent it's first Marine into Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Afghanistan or Iraq. I remeber the bombing over Lockerbie, Scotland. It happened ON my birthday. The US had NO TROOPS in the middle east at that point.

As for why not bomb the Vatican. Because it wouldn't serve their purpose. I don't think it's that they're worried about ticking a billion people off, they did that already with 9/11, the Spanish train bombing and the attack on the London underground. They tick people off just fine. As I said, destroying the Vatican wouldn't serve their purpose.

Right now, for all intents and purposes, the Vatican and the Pope are on the side of the terrorists. The Pope is one of those world leaders who has condemned the US for attacking Afghanistan and Iraq. The Pope probably called for peace, patience, understanding and forgiveness as the World Trade Center buildings fell and the Pentagon burned. Why would they try to kill the Pope? He's guarding their asses, in a figurative way of course, right now!!!! Just like the Germans and the French are.

There is one thing to consider though. I've heard there is a prophecy, if you put any trust into prophecy, that states that there will only be one, or maybe two more Popes, the last Pope will take the same name as the first Pope, Peter, and then no more. Some beleive this is the end of the world (which is also predicted to happen on my birthday, Dec. 21, 2012.) There is another answer to this. Maybe someone WILL attack the Vatican and succeed.

just a thought.

Last edited by Jefferson (2007-09-03 23:30:35)

#10 2007-09-04 00:49:27

Neitherspace
Completely Blotto

Jefferson wrote:

Storymaster, there's a flaw in your theory. That flaw is that terrorism was occurring LONG before the United States sent it's first Marine into Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Afghanistan or Iraq. I remeber the bombing over Lockerbie, Scotland. It happened ON my birthday. The US had NO TROOPS in the middle east at that point.

we've had military bases in the middle east since the 50's part of the terrorists claimed justification is we built our bases on Muslim holy grounds (though many believe this was just an excuse)

I have been hearing a lot of revelation related chatter recently do in part to both the US and the UK passing bills to make ID's for all citizens over the age of 16 mandatory some people have been calling it the mark of the beast others 1984

me I don't think it matter I think were just flat out screwed

• Index
  •  » Politics
  •  » somthing thats been bugging me for a couple days now

Board footer