The Pub Discussion Board

Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-09-29 02:18:25

Bridget
Barmaid
Website

Rosenjack

Please read The Mystic Wolf Pub Critiquing Guide.

SITE CONTENT POLICY:  The administrator of this site will not reject, remove, or censor any story posted to this site based on the story's content.  No story shall be removed except for purely technical reasons (which will be worked out with the author so that the story can be reposted as quickly as possible), or due to a direct order from the site's hosting provider, a law-enforcement entity, or the story's owner.

#2 2023-09-29 14:05:43

Skyscraper
Inebriated

Re: Rosenjack

Not bad. Not bad at all. My one critique is that there is no summary. I had no idea what I was getting into when I started.

You're either born with common sense or you're not. I was not.

#3 2023-09-29 14:42:44

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

That is definitely a serious problem that the author needs to address.  Without a story description, how is anyone expected to know whether the story is something that will interest them?  And the default position of most people (unlike Skyscraper, apparently... 3dsmile ) will be to pass the story by in an effort to not waste their time.

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#4 2023-09-29 15:36:35

Skyscraper
Inebriated

I admit, most times I would not waste the time (not that I think this particular instance was a waste of my time). However, the name Rosenjack was very intriguing to me

Last edited by Skyscraper (2023-09-29 18:21:38)

#5 2023-09-30 02:06:00

coeur_minuit
Tipsy

Mea culpa.  Still finding my way around.  I will try to correct the lack of story description post haste.

(posted from the Item Information Page)

#6 2023-09-30 12:01:30

Skyscraper
Inebriated

I understand the feeling. When I first became a contributor, I felt a little lost too. I have a hang of it now. At least you haven't managed to break the site in any way. I managed to find a way to upload a PDF file. There is a message now at the bottom of the "add item" page that says "If the file is acceptable (and there's just a glitch in the system), your contribution will be posted ASAP."

I do believe that I am the reason for that addition of 'glitch in the system'. That parenthesis didn't exist before I uploaded Rodeo for the first time. 3dangel
That's probably my biggest contribution to the site.

#7 2023-10-03 14:04:56

pepsiguy1
Inebriated

Not having a story description isn't that bad as long as it's corrected. I went even further and forgot to add a title. Something I corrected, when Eric pointed out my grievous misdeed. Just downloaded the story, so I have no other comments to add.

Pepsiguy1

(posted from the Item Information Page)

#8 2023-10-03 20:40:30

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

In fairness, had I designed the site correctly, lo those eons ago, you wouldn't have been able to post a story without either of those things.

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#9 2023-10-26 23:50:44

Dadrepus
Wasted

Really well written story. I greatly enjoyed it. I continue to be amazed at the talent of the authors on this site.

(posted from Rosenjack)

Always willing to help. May not be good at it ;-)

Board footer