The Pub Discussion Board

Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#1 2007-07-18 20:54:37

Neitherspace
Completely Blotto

Golden Tickets: Online stories worth reading

In the past month I have come across 3 brilliant pieces of online fiction any of which could sell well on amazon (one is actually self published through lulu)

1. Purgatory's Children by Fick Suck site: http://storiesonline.net/story/52748
im only putting up the official summery as any more would ruin it

Abandoned centuries ago by the legendary spacemen, the denizens of the sealed underground city of the Temperdis struggle to survive. The rumor of the spaceman's return and dangerous developments at the bottom of the hole set a chain of events in motion that will lead either to the death or to the redemption of the Temperdis. Unbeknownst to a young man, Benni, he is in the center of the maelstrom.

FIck has always been one of my favs on SOL but This is one of the best tories iv'e read on that site EVER *****

the net 2 are both my the same author(s)

2. Tales of MU  by Alexandra Erin  site:http://mutales.livejournal.com/
its the live journal of a freshman at Magisterius University the whole story takes place in the modern age in a Hard fantasy universe this are alot like hear but in other ways quite different ****

3. Star Harbor Nights (currently on sabbatical for the summer)

From the site:
Star Harbor Nights is a series of original stories set in a unique superhero world created by myself, Alexandra Erin, and expanded with the help of my friend and creative partner Quinn Isley, and later with additions by Sonya K. Dragon. It's an open-ended serial... kind of like a web comic but without any pictures.

We consider this series to be mostly of the "superheroic fantasy" genre, though we get a surprising number of comments from readers who say they don't normally like reading about superheroes... whatever the genre, these stories are about people at their heart, and that's what keeps readers coming back.

While frequently humorous and light in tone, the stories deal with "adult" topics like human sexuality and can occasionally become very dark. These stories are intended for an adult audience. Bear that in mind before reading!

The story begins here, if you care to start at the very beginning.

"I figure that if you can't write decent dialogue for the devil, maybe you shouldn't be a writer."-Richard Kadrey

Board footer