The Pub Discussion Board

Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#701 2017-11-20 13:30:37

Augur
Inebriated

Re: Writing Status

3dsad    Sad news for us, but all that one can do is what one can do. Good luck in your life. Hope it gets better soon. It's been very quiet  for a while around here.

Last edited by Augur (2017-11-20 17:43:54)

#702 2017-11-29 17:01:47

bleme
Tipsy

I first found CAMP on Usenet.  While your writing has definitely improved over the years, I think it is easier for people to imagine something like CAMP happening to them, which boosts its appeal.

And people should ease off Wesley Crusher.  He is a fellow homebrewer!

#703 2017-12-01 03:51:34

nightsecho
Wasted

i found camp on igrrl (a sex stories site) in about 2001 or 2002 that led to emcsa then to ewp then here while not perfect it still holds a high place for me
I even have a copy of Taking on the World - an insanity fic by Enterprise and Net Wolf a camp crossover fic (not sure if you actually co wrote or not)
I've been a fan for awhile and will be for a long time to come

looking at you with wide eyes from the darkness

#704 2017-12-01 07:26:33

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

We will not be discussing Taking on the World.  Yes, I was part of the project.  Yes, it contributed to my supposed departure from public life from 2002-2004.  No, I don't wish to relive that period.

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
I thought a thought.  But the thought I thought I thought, was not the thought I thought, I thought.  If the thought I thought I thought had been the thought I thought... I wouldn't have thought so much!

#705 2017-12-01 07:27:46

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Oh yeah, you should also burn your copy of TotW.  If this means burning your entire PC, so be it.

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
I thought a thought.  But the thought I thought I thought, was not the thought I thought, I thought.  If the thought I thought I thought had been the thought I thought... I wouldn't have thought so much!

#706 2017-12-03 09:30:27

nightsecho
Wasted

I haven't actually read Taking on the World but i did just get a new computer and destroyed an old one so mostly done 3dwink

looking at you with wide eyes from the darkness

#707 2017-12-03 19:16:47

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

But you still have a copy of TotW, don't you?  Gotta burn the new computer...  misch_smiley

Eric Storm

----

#708 2017-12-07 03:07:38

Crusader
Inebriated

O_o

#709 2017-12-07 21:22:36

KaosKing
Inebriated

Or troll Eric by making an account and submitting it as a story? Purely joking, don't do that! lol.

#710 2017-12-08 00:01:56

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

If anyone does, I will ban them...

AND YOU.

Eric Storm

----

#711 2017-12-12 07:07:48

advancewar
Wasted

i havent read it but now i want too ! 3dtongue

life=books

#712 2017-12-12 08:03:34

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Well, you're not going to.  Even if I was stupid enough to release it, there were only I think two chapters ever written.

Eric Storm

----

#713 Yesterday 15:47:45

advancewar
Wasted

can i ask why you think its so bad? i dont think iv ever even heard of it till now. but i know your an exelent writer. been a fan since i found a few sporadic chapters of camp  on random sites

life=books

#714 Yesterday 19:27:57

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Taking on the World was a story in which the authors' fictional characters came to life in the real world.... that was also a crossover... with an author who had created characters so powerful that they made Ron & Co. look ho-hum.

#1. I loathe crossover stories, unless the characters can actually be said to live in the same universe (such as my Justice Seven and Paladin characters).
#2. I have learned through hard lessons that characters that powerful are not useful in storytelling.  Life is too easy for them.
#3. The process of writing with another author was not successfully executed in this case.  In fact, I have attempted collaboration more than once.  It has never worked out for me.

Eric Storm

----

#715 Today 03:19:52

Crusader
Inebriated

#2 can be very bad (in another world with my smart phone) they can also be awesome (one punch man)

Granted the 'awesome' tends to be the exception to the rule... because im sure i could find many more examples of the bad.

Edit:
Had to include the following example
Good: superman comics - he is protrayed with normal human problems, hella more interesting then the
Bad: superman movies

Last edited by Crusader (Today 03:25:05)

Board footer