The Pub Discussion Board

Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#1 2011-01-05 04:02:36

Bd.Carlo
Inebriated

recommend a new contributor?

Okay, forgive my ignorance,  but how exactly does the "recommend a new contributor" work for people how have been recommended at least one already?  I did search this before asking and couldn't find anything.

"Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped."  Elbert Hubbard
"A bookstore is one of the only pieces of evidence we have that people are still thinking." Jerry Seinfeld

#2 2011-01-05 04:19:43

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Re: recommend a new contributor?

It's a moot point now, since I will be opening up the site to all comers (with a few exceptions). 

But, just as an FYI, what you were supposed to do was simply highlight their name(s) in the list and then hit submit.

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#3 2011-01-05 18:45:52

Bd.Carlo
Inebriated

Okay, I got that part, but I wasn't sure about how to access their home sites and stuff.

"Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped."  Elbert Hubbard
"A bookstore is one of the only pieces of evidence we have that people are still thinking." Jerry Seinfeld

#4 2011-01-05 18:54:58

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

There is no way to access their homepages from that list.  If you're recommending someone, you ought to already have that information, or you shouldn't be recommending them.  That list was not intended to be a "vote".  The voting was supposed to come up later.  You were supposed to recommend people you already knew were good authors.

The website / email information is asked for on newly recommended authors so that I could find them, in order to invite them, and to use when I posted voting polls.  It was not intended to be information given to the readers on that page.

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#5 2011-01-05 22:22:47

Bd.Carlo
Inebriated

I see, I thought that we were supposed to go and look at their stuff s=and then say wether we liked them or not, My mistake, I misunderstood.

#6 2011-01-06 02:04:18

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Yeah, that was only supposed to be during the voting.  It was supposed to be a two-stage process.  First, you would recommend people you liked.  Then I was going to take the top, say, five recommended authors, and allow for a vote on those.  At THAT point, you'd have had links to their work, so that you could see if you liked them or not.

Clearly, the instructions were not clear enough... but it never got much participation, anyway, so... *shrugs*

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#7 2011-01-07 06:19:23

Bd.Carlo
Inebriated

Ah, I see now. Thanks for the explanation.

Board footer