#76 2011-08-07 19:09:11

WarLord
Wasted
Website

Re: Woodward Academy, Year 1, The

That was fun

Thanx

(posted from Chapter 8: January)

"A scrupulous writer, in every sentence that he writes, will ask himself at least four questions, thus: 1. What am I trying to say? 2. What words will express it? 3. What image or idiom will make it clearer? 4. Is this image fresh enough to have an effect?" - George Orwell, Politics and the English Language, 1946

#77 2011-08-07 22:22:46

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Yavelcum!  3dsmile

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#78 2011-08-20 00:17:56

Sirkenii
Inebriated

Precious.. precious.. grumbles.. I am not an addict as he coughs up money to be able to read the prelease...  Eric, Keep up the great work, and thanks for hosting the site..  Precious.. Precious...

(posted from the Item Information Page)

#79 2011-08-20 01:24:18

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Glad you're enjoying it.  Thanks for the donation.

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#80 2011-08-20 02:44:35

Otaku
Inebriated

hey eric.  I love this story.  can't wait for more of it.  finally donated some money to get to the prm.  I have read all that is available all the way through chapter 8 january.  couple thoughts have run through my head from the story but also from some feedback I read just now.  nothing major plot wise but you didn't illaberate more on the ipod gift to gwen.  I was looking forward to in january her talking about how interesting electronics are or frustrated on how she can recharge it or find music for it or something.  just more fun with the dugerra ignorance of technology, another thing is him wondering how the dean finds out about things even if he doesn't tell the ghost girl penny when he should know the ghosts are ever present and watching things seeing how he is and what happens, that might be a fun prank to pull on marcus.  perhaps ther is an earth technology gag he can play on marcus so there is no magical cure or evidence linking back to him.  probably not.  to respond to a posting saying that no proof goes both ways in the retaliation against marcus is not true.  becaues of david's position he doesn't have to do anything and if something happens to marcus he will get blamed simply for what he is being assumed as guilty.  ever heard of a book name to kill a mocking bird where a black man is proven innocent of killing a white girl in court yet still stencened to death by that same court.  prejudice creates a double standard where having no proof means marcus gets away but on the other side no proof means it must of been david since he can phase forms.  I think the character has done pretty well to understand the no proof no complaint thing.  but I think perhaps the dean might want to look into backing up her announcement at assemply about david in september.  if you have those who are prejudice they don't deserve to be there and kick marcus out but I know that won't happen.  his family influence has been expressed in small ways so to make things touchy.  oh and I have to laugh at your references to harry potter and your mimic of it.  but I do say this is a distinctly different story in many regards.  also I noticed the progressive insurance commercial gag with flo the same name the girl from the commercial and same joke at the museum and also the edgar allen poe hat tip.  alot of little jokes like that.  kinda lame but I kinda like them too.  I look for them so I can chuckle over them.  sorry for the spoilers.

#81 2011-08-20 04:16:51

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

1. I will repeat the request not to mention references you see here in this thread.  You spoil it for others who may want to find them on their own.

2. In no way am I mimicking Harry Potter.  There are only so many plotlines in the world.  The fact that mine in some ways parallels one of seven HP books is almost unavoidable.  I have made some references to HP, in recognition of the excellent job of writing Rowling has done.

3. If the Savolar family had any REAL influence, the Minister would not have blown them off the way he did.  On the other hand, the Dean cannot just expel a student because she thinks they're prejudiced.  She has to have a concrete charge to make.

4. The iPod was never intended to be anything more than a filler.  Spending time on it would be a distraction from the story, really.  I may mention it at some point later, but it'll never have any significance.

Glad you liked the story.  Hope I answered your questions/concerns.

Thanks for the feedback,
Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#82 2011-08-30 14:52:30

Sirkenii
Inebriated

Looks around..
pulls out the pick set and starts attempting to pick the lock...
I am not addicted.. I am not addicted..
Chapter.. 9... where are you...
I am not addicted...
Hides the tools..
Hi eric, Just thought I look around and see how you where doing...

walks away grumbling..  damn it he should have been out shopping..

Ken II

#83 2011-08-30 19:05:41

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Does it look like the first of the month to you?

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#84 2011-08-31 04:39:55

lordalpha
Wasted

*singing off tune* On the first of the month, Sir Eric gave to meeeeeeeeeee.........

Ok, cracked the screen, better stop singing

#85 2011-09-01 17:43:03

Sirkenii
Inebriated

Yes.

Snatches his copy and runs...

#86 2011-09-03 03:08:10

lerris
Inebriated

You are twisted Eric I know there is more chapters some where. I read the new chapter as soon as it was posted you can't make me wait another month its inhuman I won't make it you have to give me more I need more I won't survive without more. Ahhhhhhhhh you evil evil writer why did you have to write such a amazing story. O how I hate you so.

Some people are only alive because it is illegal to kill them!

#87 2011-09-03 03:18:27

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Well, if you donate, oh, say, $2000, I'll post Chapter 10.  Or you can just wait until next month. 

3dbig_smile

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#88 2011-09-03 22:20:38

Sirkenii
Inebriated

Looks at the closest bank to hold up...

Ken II..

I am not addicted laughing...

#89 2011-09-04 17:43:41

lerris
Inebriated

Ok people he said he would do it for 2000 lets start pooling our resources and knocking over convenience stores I'll set up the pay pal account and I'm sure we can do this. *cough twitch twitch* not an addict not an addict just a connoisseur of fine literature.

#90 2011-09-04 22:36:12

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

I hate to tell you this, guys, but if the money comes from an illegal source, you're going to have to add at least one zero to the price.  I have to cover the costs of laundering the money.

3droll

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#91 2011-09-06 02:08:39

jhowe89
Inebriated

Another great story. Thanks.

#92 2011-09-06 04:55:57

lerris
Inebriated

No Eric you don't have to take out laundering fees I am taking care of that for you so you could get right to posting the new chapter aren't I so thoughtful.

#93 2011-09-06 17:50:03

lerris
Inebriated

Anyway I don't see how adding one zero to the price would set us back that much. After all 02000 is still within our range.

#94 2011-09-06 22:38:08

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Intelligent people work with significant digits, lerris.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#95 2011-09-06 23:17:18

LAoW
Completely Blotto

lerris wrote:

Anyway I don't see how adding one zero to the price would set us back that much. After all 02000 is still within our range.

*dies laughing* Good one!!

I don't have to worry about revenge because Karma is a bigger bitch than I will ever have to be.

#96 2011-09-08 03:44:16

lerris
Inebriated

Hey I thought my response was pretty intelligent myself. And thank you LAoW its nice to be appreciated by someone. I thought your work with Storm Pony was quite masterful as well.

#97 2011-09-08 23:35:11

Sirkenii
Inebriated

Eric Storm wrote:

I hate to tell you this, guys, but if the money comes from an illegal source, you're going to have to add at least one zero to the price.  I have to cover the costs of laundering the money.

Eric Storm

Eric Storm wrote:

Intelligent people work with significant digits, lerris.

Eric Storm

Looks at the accountants, and Statisticians
They work with numbers and I Remember my math courses correctly you can make a statistic look any way you want to 3dsmile,

lerris wrote:

Anyway I don't see how adding one zero to the price would set us back that much. After all 02000 is still within our range

Yep Intelligent in my books..

laughing.. 

Ken II

Failure on your part to gramatically define what you desire, does not require my interpretation to assist you, mearly to act upon them.. 

Goes to hold up the ATM...  "What are you talking about my card doesn't have enough money..  "...  I am not an addict....

#98 2011-09-09 01:17:51

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

*Sets Ken's account to not see chapter 10 until 2013*

And your being a pain in my ass means I don't have to give you the rest of the story at all...

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#99 2011-09-09 13:33:36

Sirkenii
Inebriated

laughing...

Damn...

Eric...

Thats..

just..

not..

funny...

You know we like you.

laughing..

Ken II..

knows he wont be laughing when the shakes start to hit him..

I am not addicted..

#100 2011-09-11 23:32:48

lordalpha
Wasted

Im on the second step of my own 2 step recovery from Erics stories.
1) Admit your addicted
2) Realize thats a good thing and keep drooling for more

Nothing wrong with being addicted!!
Although, I will say that I'm going into withdrawal lol!

Board footer