Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#1 2011-01-01 05:30:15

Bridget
Barmaid
Website

Woodward Academy, Year 1, The

The Woodward Academy, Year 1

When an unfortunate accident leaves David as one of the undead, he is required to attend The Woodward Academy of Magical Arts.  When his undead status is revealed to the students, he must deal with the consequences.

Please read The Mystic Wolf Pub Critiquing Guide.

SITE CONTENT POLICY:  The administrator of this site will not reject, remove, or censor any story posted to this site based on the story's content.  No story shall be removed except for purely technical reasons (which will be worked out with the author so that the story can be reposted as quickly as possible), or due to a direct order from the site's hosting provider, a law-enforcement entity, or the story's owner.

#2 2011-01-01 14:46:04

Steen3
Inebriated

Re: Woodward Academy, Year 1, The

Deleted

Last edited by Steen3 (2016-06-15 11:06:07)

#3 2011-01-01 16:44:32

fiferguy
Inebriated

Yay! Another new story to get addicted to... Keep 'em coming Eric!

#4 2011-01-01 17:33:50

fiferguy
Inebriated

BTW: References seen so far: Spooner Street = Location of the Griffin family in Family Guy, and the books in general are a reference to Harry Potter (one book per year, etc.).

#5 2011-01-01 17:59:58

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Okay, let me make THIS point perfectly clear right now:

This is NOT Harry Potter.  It is not HP fanfic, and it is not intended to be "my take" on HP.  There are vast differences between the stories.  Even the one-book-per-year was not a nod to HP, it's simply the easiest format to use when doing a multi-book series about school.

There are, however, going to be several HP references throughout the books.  3dsmile

Oh, and try not to blurt out the references here in the forum.  I want people to discover them on their own.  Feel free to email me with the ones you find, though.  I will be amused.  3dbig_smile

Glad you liked it, fiferguy.

Steen3:  Well, I have to ask... what were you expecting?

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#6 2011-01-01 19:11:23

lordalpha
Wasted

Woodward!!! WOOOHOOOO!!!!

*Starts drooling for more* GIME GIME GIME!!

(Just kidding Eric!)

#7 2011-01-01 19:20:14

Steen3
Inebriated

Deleted

Last edited by Steen3 (2016-06-15 11:06:49)

#8 2011-01-01 19:54:38

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Well, other than that David is deathly pale in the images.  3dsmile

I have added an Author's Note in that initial section to let people know that this is NOT Harry Potter.  Not because of your comment, but because I know lots of people are going to expect that, and that was never my intention.

Glad you liked the first part, anyway.  Hope you keep enjoying it as more is released.

Thanks for the feedback,
Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#9 2011-01-02 00:39:58

edvardlavea
Inebriated

Thank you Eric.

I look forward to reading more.

(posted from Chapter 1: June)

The only limit to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of today - Franklin D. Roosevelt

#10 2011-01-02 02:32:50

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Yavelcum!

3dsmile

Eric

----
Facebook page

#11 2011-01-02 05:07:02

fiferguy
Inebriated

LOL.  My bad E.  :-)

#12 2011-01-02 05:24:46

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

No worries.  Just didn't want people thinking that way.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#13 2011-01-03 02:26:01

fiferguy
Inebriated

Yeah, that was really the only similarity between the two I saw so far.  But plenty of other series have followed a similar pattern.

#14 2011-01-03 03:35:45

Black Rose
Evil Bar Wench

I really enjoyed the first chapter.  It's a different spin on some familiar things.  Thanks.

Black Rose

"Being a writer is a very peculiar sort of a job: it's always you versus a blank sheet of paper (or a blank screen) and quite often the blank piece of paper wins." – Neil Gaiman

#15 2011-01-03 03:49:19

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Glad you're enjoying it, BR.  I hope you continue to do so.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#16 2011-01-03 21:19:09

Cenobite829
Inebriated

This is a great story. I can't wait to see what David's revenge is for Larry and the other two. Please write more.

Jigsaw: If you're good at anticipating the human mind. It leaves nothing to chance

#17 2011-01-03 23:49:06

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

I have, in fact, already written their revenge, so at least you'll get to read that... 3dsmile

Thanks for the feedback!
Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#18 2011-01-07 03:35:17

Elessar
Completely Blotto

Ugh, Another story to add to the few I am addicted too and don't want to stop reading. Makes me sad the rest aren't done yet. But with great patience comes a great story!

(posted from the Item Information Page)

#19 2011-01-07 05:13:10

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

So sorry to burden you so heavily. 

3dtongue

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#20 2011-01-22 04:18:39

SilentSadist
Wasted

Very nice. Its almost like a superpower but supernatural power lol. Love it!

Who is General Failure, and why is he reading my hard disk?

All Your Base Are Belong To Us

#21 2011-01-22 05:52:41

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

I gather you're a comic/superhero reader by preference?

Being a wizard could certainly be seen as a superpower, when compared to a non-magic individual...

Glad you're liking the story.  Thanks for the feedback,
Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#22 2011-01-23 08:04:01

Storymaster69
Completely Blotto

Hmm.  I like the story so far and think I know basically where you are going with this given the synopsis.  Just an idea for a spin off, 16+ years later. 

David does what he does to Jenny unprotected.  Without knowing it he knocks her up.  When her kid gets older becomes some sort of human, demighost hybrid.

Not saying you have to or should do this, but that is the first thing I thought of when I read that last part.

Anyway, I look forward to seeing what happens next.

Sex isn't the answer.
Sex is the question.
Yes is the answer.

#23 2011-01-23 09:01:52

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

I'd be interested to know where you think I'm going with this...

But what you're suggesting isn't possible.  He isn't alive enough to impregnate anyone.  (That requires a living, active reproductive system.)

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#24 2011-01-23 09:24:32

Storymaster69
Completely Blotto

I don't know specifics, what would be the point of reading something if you knew exactly what was going to happen?  But given his shown propensity towards sexual revenge, I'm guessing that for the guys that were involved with killing him that he will carry out some sort of humiliation in the sex department for the next couple of chapters, next the authority guys are going to catch him and force him to go to Haven and join the academy which is the title name sake.

At the academy he is going to be dealing with the prejudice and jealousy of his demighost status, much like he dealt with in grade school being an honours student.  With the magical elements, the bullying is going to be both more subtle but paradoxically overt as people with more magical experience will bully him to "put him in his place".  He will use his innate learning abilities to slowly catch up with them, but will probably hide how much he is actually learning.  He will then start turning the tables on those that have bullied him, but somehow keep them from letting others know the bad ass that is rising in their midst.

Perhaps I am way off base here and I will not be at all disappointed if I am, but you asked for my guess so there it is.

Sex isn't the answer.
Sex is the question.
Yes is the answer.

#25 2011-01-23 15:56:38

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

And I'm not gonna tell you if you're right or wrong, either.  3dbig_smile

But interesting to hear what someone thinks is going to happen after the first chapter. 

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

Board footer