Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#26 2007-09-26 21:37:52

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Re: CAMP: Sibling Rivalry

Please read the following.  http://www.wolfpub.org/faq.php?q=12

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#27 2007-10-17 13:36:23

Jedi
Tipsy

Hi Netwolf,

In short Sibling Rivalry is brilliant.  I understand the meaning of 'inactive' so this post is just simply an addition to the current "petition" for the continuation....sorry 3dsmile

My comments?....Well one small issue is towards the end of chapter 2 where Dawn throws Nathan out, I understand her attitude and the reason(s) but the way it was portrayed made me feel really sorry for the kid 3dsmile ok i know that was intentional but at times reading that made me feel like it was a bit much or too intense...not a real problem really just somthing i felt 3dsmile  Positively i love the way that although effectivley Nathan gets kicked out Dawn still showed motherly care as she made sure he had supplies (chips) to survive with...she gave him all she had.

I must say the detail i've found in both CRJ and it's sequel are unmatched and beautifully well written.  Compliments to the chef for a great meal of words without the mincing....lmao 3dwink  3dbig_smile

- Jedi

"Knowing where you're going is preferable to being lost and I myself don't need a weather vane to know which way the wind blows."

#28 2007-11-06 10:05:37

chrisd82
Tipsy

great continuation cant wait to ssee more

#29 2007-11-20 03:10:38

PapaGus
Tipsy

Seems to me I ran into the same deadend chapter a year or two ago. Are you going to post any more of this story?  I re-read the first story - and was really looking forward to the sequel.

(posted from Chapter 2)

#30 2007-11-20 07:23:13

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Please read the following FAQ question: Item Status Codes

Net Wolf

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#31 2007-12-19 19:32:57

JayVee
Inebriated
Website

Great start for a new series.

CAMP has gone pretty far in the details, it has all the makings of becoming a CAMP-universe. Especially now, at this point, after the war... Any author could take a new character, base it in Europe or something, and have a blast of local adventures with the Ability.
Would you mind if that happened, Oh Great And Glorious Net Wolf?

Not that I'm capable of writings fit to stand in the universe you created (I never seem to be able to decently communicate in words what it is my fantasy brings up), but I thought by posting here I might give authors who may be up to the task a gentle nudge towards this idea. After all, as long as the stories remain local, they wouldn't interfere much with your Main StoryLine, would they? A Main StoryLine which I do hope will... But you know that 3dwink

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning." - Rich Cook

#32 2007-12-19 22:02:32

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

People have been asking me this question for years.  My answer has never changed:  So long as you're willing to play by my rules, you can write a story in the CAMP universe.  Unfortunately, though several have professed interest, to my knowledge, no one has yet to complete a story.  Enterprise started a CAMP story, which is available on his website, but for reasons I have no intention of dredging up now, the storyline he'd intended is now considered non-canonical.  Doesn't mean the story he has so far isn't worth reading, though.  Shadow King... or whatever the hell Matrix Legion is calling himself these days... has repeatedly attempted to write a CAMP story, but he can't stick around online long enough to get anywhere.  There are others, whose names I don't remember.

Anyway, sure, if someone wants to write in the CAMP universe, all they have to do is ask me for the rules... and then actually abide by them.

Net Wolf

----
Facebook page

#33 2007-12-19 22:14:56

JayVee
Inebriated
Website

Just in case I do attempt to get my thoughts translated to chars, what would those rules be?

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning." - Rich Cook

#34 2007-12-20 22:32:34

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

*sigh*  I knew you were going to ask that.  Do you really need to know, or are you just curious?

Net Wolf

----
Facebook page

#35 2007-12-21 10:13:46

JayVee
Inebriated
Website

Mainly just curious.

Of course there's the obvious: stay away from your characters, no major world-influencing events, stay local, no spectacular new powers with the Ability, no aliens, don't change historic events from your stories, etc. etc.
Basically, make sure you still have total freedom for Sibling Rivalry.
Anything I haven't covered?

#36 2007-12-21 21:29:29

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Yeah.  No characters with a psion rating over 14.  I reserve all the super-powerful characters for myself.

Net Wolf

----
Facebook page

#37 2007-12-29 05:31:19

chazisawesome19
Tipsy

i was just wondering if you could say when you are going to start writing camp again.  it is one of the best stories i have ever read

(posted from the Item Information Page)

#38 2007-12-29 09:57:39

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

If I knew that, it would not be labeled "Inactive".

Net Wolf

----
Facebook page

#39 2008-01-13 05:17:05

homilife
Tipsy

please write more! its wonderful. i want to see how the story develops.

(posted from Chapter 2)

#40 2008-01-14 03:09:17

Giskard
Inebriated

I'm constantly amazed that several people cannot understand what it means when Eric - Net - Ice - Net - Whitestar CLEARLY STATES for the 49th time that the story is INACTIVE. Jesus People! If you want him to write - then help him with the site. pay off some of his medical bills and give him a salary. Hell - if I could afford to do so - I would come down the the warmer South and do the damn dishes if he promised to write more. (Yeah - I live closer to Warlord and there is another 10.5 inches predicted again) The man has enough plates spinning in the air as it is. Oh, and Mr Storm sir... I personally feel that the name Net Storm would have been Perfect. Kinda a marriage between the two worlds. Just an opinion.

That rant out of my system - I do have one question. Since I am not a fan of PayPal - do you have a physical address to send in for the hard copy account? If you wish you can send it to my e-mail account and it will go no further. I want mine autographed though.  I plan to contibute about $75 - $100 to the fund depending on uncle sugars refund.

BTW - I'm never confused cuz it's a normal part of my universe

Last edited by Giskard (2008-01-14 03:10:42)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not
  sure about the former."
  - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

#41 2008-01-14 08:59:55

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

When you're ready to make the contribution, email me directly.

And yes, Net Storm is kind of cool, but Eric Storm is a "person name", and that's what I wanted.  I didn't want my pseudonym to be something that people would look at you funny for calling me in public.

Oh, and I didn't have a problem with homilife's post.  He didn't demand to know when I'd write more, he just enthusiastically entreated me to do so.

Eric

----
Facebook page

#42 2008-01-17 17:05:12

Giskard
Inebriated

"Enthusiatically entreated" -  I like it,  I wasn't referencing homilife directly but the general theme of the encouragement. If people had taken the time to read throught the threads, and asking a question one has answered quite a few times, they would get the general idea that the stories listed as "inactive" are exactly that - inactive.

I kind of got PO'd that some people are worried only about their own wants, instead of thinking that you are running a web site, dealing with medical issues,and trying to get a hardback published. It's kind of like your kids, sitting in the back seat on a long trip, asking "Are we there yet?" "Are we there yet?" "Are we there yet?" every 10 minutes.

I will e-mail you when uncle sugar lets me know how much of the war I have to pay for.

Giskard

(Answer me honestly - how many times have you answered that particular question?)

Last edited by Giskard (2008-01-17 17:06:06)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not
  sure about the former."
  - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

#43 2008-01-17 19:06:03

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

I don't keep track.  It would depress me.

----
Facebook page

#44 2008-04-03 14:51:29

McHaMER
Inebriated

Just as good as CRJ, praytell when Chapter 3 is coming?

(posted from Chapter 2)

#45 2008-04-03 20:35:56

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Please read this entire thread as penance for asking that question.

Eric

----
Facebook page

#46 2008-04-08 00:54:55

megansdad
Tipsy

I don't mind it being labeled inactive. One of my stories was inactive for two years before I posted a new chapter. I won't be heartbroken unless it is labeled abandoned. I have really enjoyed Camp: Ron'r Journey to the point I was wishing I was Ron.  LOL Keep up the good work eric.

(posted from the Item Information Page)

#47 2008-04-08 01:22:05

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

The likelihood of ANY of my stories being labeled Abandoned is next to nil.  Heck, even A Mother's Slavery has a new chapter in the Pre-Release section, and I hadn't worked on that for something like five years.

Eric

----
Facebook page

#48 2008-05-20 22:18:21

The Rogue
Tipsy

Good work, Eric! I've read almost everything you wrote, and not a single story ceased to enthrall me. You're definitly the best! Though I'm really looking forward to see more of CSR, I wouldn't rush you to do so. Just take this as an encouragement to finish whatever you're currently working on.

And, maybe the question is a little off topic; would anything you finish in the future be in your ASSTR FTP directory? It's the easiest way for me to get your stories/novels.

I sincerely wish you luck with everything.

The Rogue.

#49 2008-05-21 02:23:25

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

My ASSTR FTP directory is up-to-date for publicly available TXT format files.  None of the Pre-Release Material is there, and won't be until it goes public.  Be aware that my ASSTR site is intentionally delayed by a week.

Thanks for your interest,
Eric

----
Facebook page

#50 2008-05-21 22:56:05

breed
Tipsy

Started reading "Camp" months ago and enjoyed it immensly as far as I got. Would like now to get back to it, but can't find it anywhere. Has it been disscontinued? I may have found the original on EWP, but that's just a guess. This is a new hard drive, as my ancient PC crashed and burned. Any help would be really appreciated. Thnx.

Board footer