The Pub Discussion Board

Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#251 2011-01-12 00:43:43

NGSalem
Tipsy

Re: CAMP: Sibling Rivalry

I absolutely loved the original CAMP. It covered just about every one of my 'this is a good story' checkmarks, biggest of them all being the romance factor, I loved the ending of the story. I stayed up 8 hours straight reading the first 17 or so chapters it was that good.

However, I can say with a sad heart, that the sequel has not met even one those 'checkmarks' the original had. I got halfway through the third before I became so disgusted I had to stop reading. I am absolutely without a doubt against anything rape-wise in any story or fantasy. It is a despicable and vile thing that quite literally makes me ill having to hear about. After the rape and death of Gina, the fact that Nathan is treated like a monster for no good reason, and now how Greg is raping his classmates and family, I must stop reading for my own sanity.

As much as I enjoyed the original, this sequel is sadly, not for me. I'm sure the rest of the story is good for those who go through it, but this reader will not.

I wish you to keep writing more like CAMP, hopefully with more 'happier' tones in them, as I'm quite the fan of doing things with the mind, and 'sexual superpowers', so to speak

All the best,

Salem

#252 2011-01-12 02:32:00

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Life is not sunshine and lollipops, and post-apocalypse is not a fun place to live.

And Greg is a vile, evil character, thus required to do vile, evil things.

And I guess the taking of Jessica Simpson (CAMP: Ron's Journey, Chapter 4)... wasn't rape?

I'm sorry you're not willing to work through the dark parts in order to see whether and how Nathan might overcome them.  I imagine your choice of reading material is pretty limited, if you won't read anything that contains darkness.

All the best in your future reading,
Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#253 2011-01-12 04:14:13

NGSalem
Tipsy

Eric Storm wrote:

Life is not sunshine and lollipops, and post-apocalypse is not a fun place to live.

And Greg is a vile, evil character, thus required to do vile, evil things.

And I guess the taking of Jessica Simpson (CAMP: Ron's Journey, Chapter 4)... wasn't rape?

I'm sorry you're not willing to work through the dark parts in order to see whether and how Nathan might overcome them.  I imagine your choice of reading material is pretty limited, if you won't read anything that contains darkness.

All the best in your future reading,
Eric Storm

I am quite, and painfully, aware that life isn't all 'happiness and sunshine', but you wished to hear feedback, and you received it. I am merely pointing out my distaste in certain topics, and like to avoid them. And the only story I have had any distaste for was the sequel of CAMP, Sibling Rivalry, as I felt there was enough, for lack of a better term, 'good' acts in CAMP: Ron's Journey, to counterbalance the 'bad' ones. However so far that hasn't been the case with the sequel.

And my reading material has not been limited, as I never mentioned that I despise 'darkness' in reading, merely rape and related acts. In fact this has been the only story I have ever had an issue with after years of erotica, as I like to stray away from those that might hint at the act. I was intrigued by this story because CAMP: Ron's Journey had entirely captivated me and has probably been the best story I have read so far.

Whatever the case, I feel I am getting off-topic and my feedback has been given.

Cheers,

Salem

P.S. Do you have any future plans for a 'time control' novel, or elaboration of an existing one? I really enjoyed that aspect of Cruel Timing and was quite saddened there was only three Chapters (albeit very good ones).

#254 2011-01-12 05:44:00

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

"No Time in the Present" is a time-stop short story which may eventually have two sequels (no promises on that, though.)

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#255 2011-01-13 17:36:40

SilentSadist
Wasted

While I find the vocabulary of these characters improbable, I thoroughly enjoy all aspects of this chapter 3dbig_smile

(posted from Chapter 7)

Who is General Failure, and why is he reading my hard disk?

All Your Base Are Belong To Us

#256 2011-01-13 20:09:19

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Their "vocabulary"?

Care to elaborate?

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#257 2011-01-25 02:06:06

jhowe89
Inebriated

I know you don't particularly like these kind of questions but just curious if the next chapter is close to coming out.  I'm up to the PRM Ch 7.  It is living up to the hopes I had so far.  Couple of other question maybe you could clarify am I missing something or are the PPA favor chips really called chits? And who was the interlude section pertaining to? Thanks hope to see more soon.

#258 2011-01-25 02:56:50

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

1. Ch. 8 will be out... eventually.  This is the only answer I ever give, because as soon as I give some kind of timeline, either Real Life or my muse says, "Oh, no it won't!"

2. They are called "favor chits".  Normally a chit is a piece of paper, but I thought the term applied well in this case, as well.

3. If I wanted you to know that now, I'd have used their name.  3dsmile

Glad you're enjoying the story so far.
Thanks for the feedback,
Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#259 2011-01-25 05:08:20

jhowe89
Inebriated

Damn so posting later tonight must be out of the question. 3dsmile Oh well keep on keeping on.

Last edited by jhowe89 (2011-01-25 05:09:29)

#260 2011-02-17 08:36:20

SilentSadist
Wasted

Eric Storm wrote:

Their "vocabulary"?

Care to elaborate?

Eric Storm

This may just be a hey-i'm-an-american-and-if-they-don't-talk-like-me-then-it's-nonsense perspective, though how can I judge?, but in my opinion (which I admit amounts to an inconsiderable speck) in chapter 7 I find it highly suspect that these girls would have such an expansive vocabulary and exercise it as frequently as they do. Especially considering that Alena is a teenager! Though I do not remember if there was ever an actual age number placed on Shashenka (I guess to be early/mid twenties).

I in no way had any difficulty in discerning the meaning from each, expanded, sentence; however, it somehow itches the back of my mind, like a tattered piece of cloth fluttering and whipping about in the wind, about the way they speak. Perhaps it would be easier for me to grasp if the setting was in earlier times when what we consider fancy and elaborate language was in actuality their common language.

(I dunno if I made myself comprehensible enough, going off of 1.5hrs of sleep from previous night and mind is almost on empty. Will revisit this post tomorrow to verify its integrity and any readers comprehension or lack thereof.)

#261 2011-02-17 10:15:51

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Yes, it IS your "Hey, I'm an American" perspective.  Children from other countries tend to be very much better educated than American youth.

You might also note that she does not address her parents informally, as Americans do.  I was trying to indicate the kind of upbringing she had.  She was raised to be polite, well-educated, and hard-working.

Plus, Alena is clearly gifted.  I mean, she IS a psionic, after all.  3dsmile

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#262 2011-02-18 01:35:43

SilentSadist
Wasted

True that. I also admit my jealousy of some countries which have higher quality education systems than where I hail. I do not have very much knowledge of other countries, so I claim ignorance for the most part.

A fantastic reason which I give when asked why I read so much (not to mean that I base my international awareness on your works). Anywhoozle, what's this about God as Admin? Under new management? Be careful with that, I hear his last predecessor got the X

#263 2011-02-18 03:22:40

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

"God" is Admin's title, not his personage.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#264 2011-03-19 05:52:38

awesomi
Tipsy

thanks for the good read, I'm am looking forward to what happens next.  3dsmile

(posted from Chapter 6)

#265 2011-03-26 10:39:42

The Joker
Tipsy

Eric! It has been quite some time. My PRM status has long since been removed, and I have no more income. Damn. But rest assured, once I get off my laurels and back into the work force, I'll be sending you at least another $10 so I can get my PRM status back, and help you and your lady friend out. The feeling may not be mutual, but I love you for your works, vocabulary, and general awesomeness. Keep it comin'!

(posted from the Item Information Page)

#266 2011-05-19 20:59:36

SilentSadist
Wasted

ZOMG!!! 3dsmile

(posted from Chapter 8: Nathan 2)

#267 2011-06-20 16:47:40

aces8998
Inebriated

love the stories Camp and Dragonseekers cant wait for more also would love to see more of dragonseekers but i understand you only have so much time

#268 2011-06-20 19:14:06

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Glad you're enjoying the stories.

The chance of a sequel to Dragonseekers is almost zero.  Firstly, because I have no idea what a sequel would be about, and secondly, because I just started a multi-book series that will probably consume the next several years of my life.  Even CSR isn't likely to see any action for the next few months, while I finish up a couple other books.

I appreciate the feedback, though. 

Thanks,
Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#269 2011-06-21 02:19:23

aces8998
Inebriated

I compleatly understand like i said theres only so much time in the day. Can't wait for more of CSR just finished it well what you have up so far lol.
Do you have any sugestions on any other stories simmular to dragonseeker or camp? realy enjoy those types of stories

#270 2011-06-21 04:24:57

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Just read everything I've ever written, and you'll be happy. 

[...conversation off-screen...]

Well, okay, I'LL be happy...

[...further conversation off-screen...]

Well, I guess someone might be happy.  Or not.  Anyway, no, I can't really make a suggestion.  Perhaps someone else here can do so?

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#271 2011-06-21 05:41:10

lordalpha
Wasted

Considering that both Camp and dragonseekers are lengthy novels, I dont think there are many similar things out there, I would suggest My Girls by Unknown, here on the site

#272 2011-06-21 17:15:55

aces8998
Inebriated

Thank you Lordalpha im actualy reading artifacts 1 (as i came to expect very good as well) atm ill read that one next though ty for the input

#273 2011-06-21 18:26:18

nightsecho
Wasted

you can also try Ahead of the Game by night wolf
its great

looking at you with wide eyes from the darkness

#274 2011-06-22 01:28:42

aces8998
Inebriated

ty will do

#275 2011-06-22 02:27:46

lordalpha
Wasted

Story Reading

One of our Pub discussions on general had a nice list of story recomendations, Link above

Board footer