The Pub Discussion Board

Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#76 2008-05-07 20:00:12

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Re: CAMP: Ron's Journey

Thank the Guardians!  Finally, a TRUE fan!  I was getting really tired of all these fake fans!  3dlol

Just messin' with ya.  I'm glad you enjoyed the story.  I hope you like my other stuff, as well.

Eric

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#77 2008-05-08 03:13:50

unknown1000u2
Inebriated

Eric, surprisingly I had several readers also that read and enjoyed my stories and were incest survivors.  Also, several that were rape survivors (there is a rape scene in chapter 2 of MG). I don't know why.  Maybe because we make it softer and loving (the incest, not the rape)?  Reading in a fantasy world is sometimes easier than the real thing.

Signed:

Unknown1000u2....unknown1000u2... unknown1000u2.... unknown1000u2.... not confusing, isn't it?  3dsmile

Last edited by unknown1000u2 (2008-05-08 03:15:10)

#78 2008-05-08 04:46:44

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

3dtongue

I think another thing is that, in general, we always make sure that the victim (if rape) comes out ahead in the end.

And I agree with you: at least in my case, except for some scenes that are not supposed to be pleasant, my incest scenes are caring... or if there is force, it's the younger forcing the older, which is not the way it normally happens in "real life".

Still, I'm glad that they can enjoy it.
Eric

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#79 2008-05-28 22:26:36

Daytona500Jr08
Tipsy

my sister and i had incest for a few years, so i can relate to most of what goes on with all that.  we are best friends now cuz of it. i feel it was wrong back then.  i dont regret it one bit, but i want to know how long did it take you to write camp.  i have read it 34 times ok call me addictive. what can i say i had a buddy make it into a book that i keep locked in my desk at work...what do you think lunch time breaks are for, to read lol great story

(posted from the Item Information Page)

#80 2008-05-29 00:04:41

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Camp took 4 1/2 years to write and edit.  Glad you enjoyed it.  I'm also always glad to hear about positive incestual relationships... It makes me feel like I'm not completely fucked up writing this stuff.  3dbig_smile

Eric

PS: If you read it two more times, it'll be once for each chapter... 3dwink

----
Facebook page

#81 2008-09-13 22:01:54

pyrosword
Tipsy

hey were can  i get the full story?

#82 2008-09-14 01:05:21

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

All of CAMP: Ron's Journey is found on this website.  They're in my section:  http://storm.wolfpub.org

Eric

----
Facebook page

#83 2009-04-30 17:20:05

Zenythmon
Tipsy

Nickelback's Savin' Me would make the perfect theme song for this story.  By the way Storm, are there any other stories within the CAMP multiverse?  When will you add more to Sibling Rivalry?

#84 2009-04-30 17:28:55

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

CAMP is not a multiverse, it is a simple universe with its own set of rules.  There are no other stories in the CAMP universe, other than CSR.  I have others in mind, but whether or not they ever get written is very much up in the air.

I should mention that Enterprise1701_D has a partial story (which he is no longer working on) in the CAMP universe, but I could never decide whether it was canon or not, so.... you pay your dime and you take your chance.

I am currently working on CSR chapter 5 (and possibly chapter 6... this one is turning out to be kind of long; I might have to split it in half)  I don't know exactly when it will be finished.  Hopefully in the next week or two.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#85 2009-05-10 13:15:34

crazy
Tipsy

hope noone minds but this seems relevent to CAMP and i couln't find anywere else to post it.

http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/9846/wes24.jpg

#86 2009-05-10 15:30:20

LAoW
Completely Blotto

Nice one, crazy.

I don't have to worry about revenge because Karma is a bigger bitch than I will ever have to be.

#87 2009-05-10 17:27:01

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Cool.

Eric

----
Facebook page

#88 2009-05-11 13:17:41

crazy
Tipsy

thanks

#89 2009-06-07 03:36:08

davidl150
Tipsy

Smiles... Ok, I found Camp via bitnet...  I don't even know what ews is or where it is.
I understood what Eric was trying to do with Ron and Dawn, so I have no disagreement.
I haven't read CSR yet.
So, I wanted to put this thought in place for those who get to the end of Camp with the Dawn issue.  Since, Nathan is Ron's son.  Don't you think that the spirit realm is going to keep an eye out for Dawn & Nathan, and keep them sorta safe?  Wouldn't one of Ron's soldiers who is devoted to him, just keep an eye out for them.

I found that my thought was that it's Ron's subconscience that is doing alot of the conditioning of Ron's followers(aka Normals) as in the beginning of the story.

And you can find my general "rant" about authors and their series in the General Section.  As I read in one of my self-help books, or seminars, If you have a complaint, then see if you can figure out a fix.  It's easier to complain than to give a solution.  Your solution might not be the best, but it might lead to a better one.

Yes, I'm addicted.  I read parts 1-4 about 6 times since Camp came out.  This week, I read the "rest of the story".  (smiles), Until I saw the sun came up at 5am and had to be up at 7:30am.  Then I finished up collabrative project for the day, and took a little nap and instead of going to a anime convention like I planned, Finished up the rest of the chapters.  This included forgetting to get up and eat.  Also, to put it in perspective, I finished up CAMP before I finished up the Flinx & Pip final book by Alan Dean Foster.  Tomorrow, I finish up that book, then start on C.S.R.
Then I'll go back and finish up reading the stories on mcstories.com (not all, just those that interest me), I'm up to the "G"s now.  There are a few stories "series??" on there that I find at the same level as camp.   And I've written the authors about those and sometimes, they tell me where they are located, sometimes the authors have disappeared.

Now I've read the "Camp" forum posts.  Replied here, and am looking forward to getting something to eat.  Ya'll have a good evening.

#90 2009-06-07 03:51:04

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

You know what's missing from your post?

Not once did you even say you liked the story.... or Thank you.

"Thanks" for your feedback,
Eric

----
Facebook page

#91 2009-06-07 08:31:15

Princess Mai
Tipsy

Very gripping saga. Enjoyed it tremendously. Read the last eleven chapters continously, not finishing til 3:30 am local time. Thanks.

(posted from Epilogue)

From those to whom much is given, much is asked.  Do you add to or decrease the stress levels of those you encounter?  If, unknowingly, this was to be the last day of your life would, in retrospective comtemplation, you feel you had done it adequate justice?

#92 2009-06-07 21:07:55

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Glad you enjoyed it, Princess.

Thanks for the feedback,
Eric

----
Facebook page

#93 2010-01-05 07:35:28

Daledo
Tipsy

First off i LOVED this series. Best I've read very well done. I do have one question about the Ron's abilities that i didnt find in my readings. When it was all said and done what was Ron's Psion-Level?

Also... have you tried to get this published? If so i like to get the info on it so i could get my hands on an actual book.

Keep up the good work!

Daledo

#94 2010-01-05 07:48:21

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

I'll answer the easier question first:  Given that the book contains both incest and underage sex, getting it published in the United States at this point in time is a virtual impossibility.  I attempted to get funds together to self-publish, but there weren't sufficient numbers of people interested in pre-purchasing a copy.

As to the second question:  The Psion level was a CAMP-specific number, and since Ron is no longer a member of CAMP, he doesn't really have a Psion rating.  However, his base rating would be psion-18, the highest non-competitive rating possible.  HOWEVER, given that he has beaten James Kirkpatrick - a Psion-46 - in actual combat, it could be said that he is a psion-47... but that would not be in any way official.

Glad you liked the story,
Eric

----
Facebook page

#95 2010-01-06 11:47:35

Daledo
Tipsy

Thanks for the answer. Movin on to another story now. If I really liked CAMP what would you say is the most similar story of yours to it?

#96 2010-01-06 17:20:41

nightsecho
Wasted

try dragonseekers its great
also try Artifacts 1 also good

looking at you with wide eyes from the darkness

#97 2010-01-06 17:35:10

lordalpha
Wasted

I would agree with Nightsecho, start with dragonseekers. Its lenght(and girth) is as close to camp as you can come right now. It varies with the magic aspect vs the psion aspect, but still 3dsmile

#98 2010-04-08 22:57:53

kidvoyeur1993
Inebriated

yes, dragonseekers.

in fact im gunna go back and read dragonseekers once I finish CRS for the 13/14 th time.

LOVE IT

'online dating, its like pimping but you rarely have to say 'Upside your Head!!''

#99 2010-04-08 22:59:51

kidvoyeur1993
Inebriated

eric, regarding the previous post about publishing, if the story (CRS/CSR) became available as a book, how much (roughly) would they be available for?

'online dating, its like pimping but you rarely have to say 'Upside your Head!!''

#100 2010-04-08 23:54:19

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

That was one of many issues that I was trying to get feedback on.  They would not be cheap.  Because I would be self-publishing, the cost of having a hardcover book printed is pretty high.  (Paperback is relatively speaking even worse).  I believe the price I was looking at was in the $35-$40 range.  Yes, I know: much higher than a standard hardcover book.

Now you know why there isn't a hardcover version available.

Eric

----
Facebook page

Board footer