The Pub Discussion Board

Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#51 2007-09-12 22:19:55

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Re: CAMP: Ron's Journey

Go to http://netwolf.wolfpub.org  (Still this site, it's just a shortcut).   Go to "See My Stuff".  Double-click on "CAMP: Ron's Journey".  When that comes up, on the left-hand side bar, there is a Download Item box to download the entire story in HTML format.

If you become a donator to the site, you can also download it in TXT or Palm formats.

Or you could just read it online, so that you can comment about it when you're done...

Net Wolf

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#52 2007-10-01 00:20:17

lordjoe
Tipsy

Net Wolf wrote:

... what the hell difference does it make?

Net Wolf

this story needs filled out that could be part of it

#53 2007-10-01 04:54:41

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Um... no, sorry, I have to strongly disagree.  This story is 315,000 words long - that's over 700 pages of novel.  The question to which my comment referred (the one you quoted) was completely irrelevant to the story - the names of Ron's grandparents held no relevancy to the story in any way, shape, or form.  Elaborating on his ancestry would have been a complete waste of words.

You claim this story needs "filling out", but you give no actual examples of things that are both important and unexplained.

Net Wolf

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#54 2007-10-17 13:01:15

Jedi
Tipsy

Hello  to Netwolf and others reading this....

I must firstly say that the story CAMP: rons journey is nothing short of amazing, its totally awsome to read and very well written.  I have just been through all the posts up to this one and it does seem that sum people just don't read properly, I don't like saying things like that but i've seen posts here which were a waste of time in the case that the person who had read CRJ didnt like somthing and it usually meant that they didnt read properly.

Anyway I'd just thought i'd add that for me the story read very well, things were quite well explained and the few that were not were irrelavent anyway!  I won't mention any names... 3dwink but the whole 'dawn' issue seems pointless to me as i found it to be very accurately displayed to what it would have been like should this have been real.  My opinion? Ron's desicions about her were excellent (he gave her chances and doing so let her decide for herself what the outcome will be) also in dealing with her final idiocy (my opinion) he was also very realistic as he did try to explain things to her, he had perfect reasons for everything he did, plus her ignorance of family needs (including nathan's) didnt get her any points with the family....causing tension throughout the family.  Netwolf put it across pretty well in one of his earlier posts.

I hope i havent gone to far with the 'dawn' thing, basically Netwolf you made Ron handle it pretty well.  Anyway just thought i'd add my take on an issue once discussed 3dsmile  In short the story is nothing short of brilliant and i love it to bits....and bytes lmao 3dbig_smile  It ended well too!

- Jedi

"Knowing where you're going is preferable to being lost and I myself don't need a weather vane to know which way the wind blows."

#55 2007-10-18 06:39:50

SlaveMaster
Wasted

Now that is a good post.

Welcome to The Mystic Wolf Pub

#56 2007-10-18 07:28:14

Jedi
Tipsy

SlaveMaster wrote:

Now that is a good post.

Even for my first! *bows modestly* Thank You.

- Jedi

"Knowing where you're going is preferable to being lost and I myself don't need a weather vane to know which way the wind blows."

#57 2007-10-26 05:38:02

skylighter
Tipsy

I would like to say a few things having read both CAMP: Ron's Journey, and all the posts up until here, but . . . JEDI already did! I guess Jedis and psionics can read minds too well he he. Well Net Wolf i must say Truly a MASTERPIECE!

#58 2007-12-19 19:13:54

JayVee
Inebriated
Website

Definitely in my top 10 of best erotic series ever. Top 5. Top 3. Hmh... Maybe it's about time I started making a list before starting to type.

Anyway, you should add a rating: "dangerously addictive". And thank you very much for sharing.

(posted from the Item Information Page)

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning." - Rich Cook

#59 2007-12-21 11:34:16

advancewar
Wasted

dangerously addictive about covers it 3dsmile

life=books

#60 2007-12-21 21:30:16

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Still working on finding a printer for this story so you can carry your addiction with you...

Net Wolf

----
Facebook page

#61 2007-12-21 22:23:32

advancewar
Wasted

neeed...the writen....crack "slowly rocks back and forth mumbling incoherently" 3dsmile

life=books

#62 2007-12-22 09:38:14

JayVee
Inebriated
Website

Net Wolf wrote:

Still working on finding a printer for this story so you can carry your addiction with you...

I've read about the thought of publishing this story to hardcopy and the financial pain that brings to start it up. When you just said "carry your addiction with you" a thought struck me... Maybe it's been said before, but "ebook" leads to "Your search returned no hits.", so probably not.

How about formatting this story as an ebook, throw in a little of the artwork you would have done for the hardcopy, and sell that? Of course you couldn't sell that for as high as $40, but then again you'd have no printing or startup costs and no risk for overstock. After a quick peek at ebooks.com and other ebook-selling sites, prices range from $1 to over $25.
You might attract a broader audience by also selling it on a few of those ebook-selling sites, instead of just the forum-people.
And of course there's the fact that there are no shipping costs. For us over here in Europe, far far away one might say, that makes a big difference.

(In case you're considering: I think a bundled version of short stories might also be a marketable product.)

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning." - Rich Cook

#63 2007-12-22 11:02:35

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

99.9% of all mass-market sites will not touch adult content of any kind, let alone adult content with incest and minor-aged characters.  Lulu, for instance, has a strict no-adult-content policy.

The other .1% that will do adult material, won't do the other two things.

Also, who is going to buy something they can get entirely for free?  All anyone has to do is convert the HTMLs into whatever format their reader software uses.

Those people who donate to the site DO, in fact, get all stories (not just CAMP) in pdb format, if they want them.

The whole point of the hardcopy version was that lots of people do not have PDA's, and want to read the story somewhere other than in front of their computer.

Oh, and there won't be any additional artwork in the hardcopy version, other than the cover.  Color printing in a book is horrendously expensive.

Net Wolf

----
Facebook page

#64 2008-01-16 18:06:12

cybergaven
Tipsy

Found this story a Looong time ago.. back when i was still in high school. loved, and it's been one of my favorite online stories ever since. I Highly recommend this story to anyone who hasn't read it!
Gaven

#65 2008-01-16 20:14:22

WarLord
Wasted
Website

Eric Storm wrote:

Also, who is going to buy something they can get entirely for free?  Net Wolf

Greetings

This is a topic for a thread all its own.

I'm convinced along with Baen books and Corey Doctorow that the business model of giving away content online HELPS that author build a market and sell books

But I do hope your hard cover sale works, besides the personal benefit, its another model for the fledgling authors to emulate

Enjoy the journey

Warlord

"A scrupulous writer, in every sentence that he writes, will ask himself at least four questions, thus: 1. What am I trying to say? 2. What words will express it? 3. What image or idiom will make it clearer? 4. Is this image fresh enough to have an effect?" - George Orwell, Politics and the English Language, 1946

#66 2008-02-23 07:33:59

Draco
Tipsy

found this story on anothr site an i absolutly loved it.
One bad thing is that it was too addicting i stayed up till the early hours to read. I still havn't got my sleeping patterns back to normal lol.

Eric great story, wish I had your talent

#67 2008-03-20 08:31:49

Asgar
Tipsy

Great Story, became addicted from the first page. Couldn't stop reading, nearly got a breakdown when my internet-connection wasn't working for a week... It's the third time now that i'm reading it, i'm glad that i found you again Eric after you vanished from ewp. Gotta get Rons Journey finished, can't wait to read the sequel.
Good job, keep it up, love the wolfpub, allready set up my den in the backyard, don't wanna leave anymore.

Cya and hf. May your skills thrive and prosper for a long time and a good life.

Asgar

0M6, 1337 5P34K 5uxX !!111oneoneoneelvenonehundredeleven

(Terry Pratchett: "‘Multiple exclamation marks‘", he went on, shaking his head, "‘are a sure sign of a diseased mind‘.")

#68 2008-03-21 11:20:03

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Not like we were trying to hide... 3dsmile

Welcome to The Pub.  Sit down and have a beer.

----
Facebook page

#69 2008-03-27 02:42:47

compubob
Tipsy

Hello,
New to the site and wondering if there is more to the CAMP story posted somewhere other than what is posted in MCS?  Love the story and am dieing to hear where you are going to take us next.  Is he going to use the old book he found in the library?  What is he going to do about Miko?
Great Story!
You can answer offline if you wish.
Bob
Compubob1@yahoo.com

#70 2008-03-27 07:17:25

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Ummmm.....

Did you bother to actually look at the site here?  I have an entire section of stories, and this is one of them.

CAMP: Ron's Journey has been finished (a total of 35 chapters and an Epilogue) since 2002.  You can find it in my section of the website.

Eric

----
Facebook page

#71 2008-04-03 12:45:09

McHaMER
Inebriated

Hi Eric, n 'all,
      Just finished CRJ yesterday, excellent, very fine as in FINE in 12 step rooms which is not a bad thing at all...I real!!!ly believe u have hit upon the core of humanity with your work....this has grabbed me as few books ever have..wish i had your gift of imagination.......not since my teen years and my zest for sci-fi(my escape from reality,then) have i read such good stuff....on the money scene......CRJ should be the basis for another Hollywood blockbuster trilogy....such a great storyline.....u prob have thought that, i assume.....As Jon Luc Pacard would say...Make it So....try marketing the rights.....kudos for the best I've read in such a very long time! 

All the Best,
MC

"As you believe, So shall you Be" -James Allan
"A miracle is simply a change in perception" -A Course In Miracles

gl hf

#72 2008-04-03 14:05:06

McHaMER
Inebriated

Hi Eric,
     As a survivor of incest......and years of 12 step recovery as a sex addict i can readily see Ron's thinking as you have laid it out....reality does rear its ugly head....even as a work of fiction.....which is usually based in  reality....i can identify with Ron's apparent dilema re: Dawn and her own PTSD, perhaps psychotic
thinking.....i also know that when i have been most stressed in my PTSD and other disorders... the fear that comes with the survival instinct is the strongest, other than love....the fear then, overrules any possibility of rational thought.....that my thinking(looking back) wasn't any better than Dawn's in the story.....happily for me there is a solution...
As for Ron's teenage crisis in the story......very realistic in spite of the comments to the contrary imho.

All the Best
MC

"There is no tragedy so great, no sorrow so enormous that a sufficient realization of Love cannot heal it" -Emmett Fox

#73 2008-04-03 20:34:50

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Glad you enjoyed the story.  I'm kind of surprised, given your background, that you would want to read my stories.  I'm perfectly aware that a great many incestuous relationships are very harmful to one or both parties involved, and I don't mind saying that I'm startled that someone who suffered through a bad version of incest would ever want to read about it.

Still, I'm glad you were able to see some reality in my characters, and yet still enjoy the story.
Eric

----
Facebook page

#74 2008-05-06 03:12:14

McHaMER
Inebriated

AFTER 2ND READ AS GOOD AS EVER...AMAZING

(posted from Epilogue)

#75 2008-05-07 19:12:41

Fireguy354
Tipsy

greetings! I just found your site, and I must say, it has made me a happy person. I first read CAMP years ago, on another site, when you posted it as Netwolf. Shortly thereafter, it, and you were gone.

CAMP was one of the first stories I have ever read with erotica in it. Even without the sex, this story is great!

I am very happy to see you have continuted writting, and have many stories posted, so I have many new things to read.

Thank you so much for sharing your stories with us, and keep up the great work!

- A True Fan

Board footer