Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#1951 2022-02-14 18:50:06

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Re: Writing Status

dude8 wrote:

Happy valentines to you and the fellow loaners as well.

Wait, what?  I can get a loaner?  And it's not like, just a prostitute?  Why has nobody told me???  Where do I go?  Is there a membership fee?  They're not, like, make-your-eyes-bleed ugly, are they?  I mean, I'm not hung up on looks, but I don't want to need a blindfold just for sanity's sake...

3dtongue

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#1952 2022-02-15 00:36:59

dude8
Inebriated

I'm glad you were able to fully amuse yourself with my typo ;p

#1953 2022-02-15 00:42:38

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Update #2 for February 14, 2022:

Agent of Change, Chapter 15, has been started.

Don't get excited.  I had a specific scene in my head that needed to be written.  It doesn't mean my muse isn't still being a bitch.  When you'd rather wash dishes than sit down and write... well, no more really needs to be said, does it?

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#1954 2022-02-15 00:58:52

ChiefRock
Wasted

Eric Storm wrote:

dude8 wrote:

Happy valentines to you and the fellow loaners as well.

Wait, what?  I can get a loaner?  And it's not like, just a prostitute?  Why has nobody told me???  Where do I go?  Is there a membership fee?  They're not, like, make-your-eyes-bleed ugly, are they?  I mean, I'm not hung up on looks, but I don't want to need a blindfold just for sanity's sake...

3dtongue

Eric Storm

Nautical saying; 8-80, blind, cripple or crazy

My worst day at sea is better than my best day ashore
I found a home in the navy-but they land airplanes on my roof

#1955 2022-02-15 01:45:44

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

I don't get the "8-80" part.  Being blind, crippled, or crazy (well, to an extent) wouldn't prevent me from dating any woman.  Hell, she'd have to be slightly crazy to date ME, so...

Blind or crippled just means the chases around the bedroom are short.  3dwink  3dbig_smile

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#1956 2022-02-15 02:56:59

ChiefRock
Wasted

8-80 is age bracket

#1957 2022-02-15 02:58:15

ChiefRock
Wasted

Understand Sailors do not go to couth school

#1958 2022-02-15 02:59:49

Pleidius
Inebriated

Eric Storm wrote:

I don't get the "8-80" part.   . . . Eric Storm

I heard this first when I joined he Navy.  It was the basic criteria for a sailors girlfriend.

The version I got was: "Eight to eighty, up to six months dead, and I grant waivers."

If you're prepared to face the consequences, go ahead . . .

#1959 2022-02-15 08:05:35

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

LOL

Okay, 8 is too young for me.  (And, I'm quite sure, for virtually all sailors...)  80... well, that depends on whether she's taken care of herself at least well enough that sex won't break a hip.  3dbig_smile

Six months dead... no, not goin' there.  Unless she's a demighost, then we can discuss it... 3dsmile

Truthfully, I have more stringent height restrictions than I do age restrictions...  But then, I was never a sailor, so... you know, accidentally developed some couth along the way!  LMAO

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#1960 2022-02-16 05:26:13

Josh.Bond
Inebriated

Oh come on Eric,  you know about the Navy. 300 sailors go out, 150 couples come back.

#1961 2022-02-16 06:49:12

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Josh.Bond wrote:

Oh come on Eric,  you know about the Navy. 300 sailors go out, 150 couples come back.

Hey, if I had the opportunity to trade some smelly fellow sailor for a hot chick from a foreign land, I'd do that, too.

3dtongue

(Yes, I know what you meant, but I respect our armed forces too much to make such jokes about them.  Besides, Chief probably knows where I live. 3dsmile )

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#1962 2022-02-16 23:57:39

ChiefRock
Wasted

Chuckle--Chief has very thick skin and has heard all the jokes. Great Chapter Eric I especially like the ending. Tied into our jokes about knuckles. "I want pictures" Very funny

Last edited by ChiefRock (2022-02-17 00:42:35)

#1963 2022-02-17 00:04:12

ChiefRock
Wasted

The 8 part comes from another Joke. what is the definition of a virgin in a port town? ugliest girl in the second grade. I have heard the waivers joke too. Likely I have heard almost every sailor joke. How do you tell if your girlfriend is not on the rag?  She is wearing white sox

#1964 2022-02-17 13:56:00

Josh.Bond
Inebriated

Just FYI to everyone I served 6 years in the US Army, my Uncle was a Vietnam Era Marine, one of my kids is in the Air Force, and several of my friends were Navy. So yeah, among those who have served we have all kinds of jokes, but if you see a Naval CPO pounding on or getting pounded on  by a Marine Gunnery Sgt...don't try to break it up, they are probably best friends. CARRY ON!

#1965 2022-02-17 16:38:37

ChiefRock
Wasted

Josh.Bond wrote:

Just FYI to everyone I served 6 years in the US Army, my Uncle was a Vietnam Era Marine, one of my kids is in the Air Force, and several of my friends were Navy. So yeah, among those who have served we have all kinds of jokes, but if you see a Naval CPO pounding on or getting pounded on  by a Marine Gunnery Sgt...don't try to break it up, they are probably best friends. CARRY ON!

Yeah that would be like getting in the middle of a domestic dispute. we pick on each other but in a pinch Marines are part of the Navy. (Like Bastard stepchildren)

#1966 2022-02-17 19:00:13

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Bastard stepchildren that can kick your ass...  3dtongue

Sorry, I am very fond of the Navy, but let's face it, the Marines' mission is just a bit more physically demanding...

Eric Storm

PS:  And I became less fond of the Navy when they retired, first, the battleship, and second, the F-14.  Assholes.

----
Facebook page

#1967 2022-02-17 20:27:45

ChiefRock
Wasted

No argument from me Eric I retired in 1987 so I agree with the battleship and the F-14. As far as Marines both my sons were Uncle Sam's Misguided Children. As far as physical demands, I worked on the Flight deck, loading bombs, by hand. I will admit to age, but I have and will hold my own

Last edited by ChiefRock (2022-02-17 20:30:47)

#1968 2022-02-18 00:20:03

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Oh, definitely not saying that some Navy folk don't have hard jobs.  I doubt there's a single CPO that I'd want angry at me.

It's just... Marines do stupid shit like running toward machine gun fire, and crawling through mud that might have mines in it, and... well, you get the idea.  3dsmile

Hey... weird thought just occurred to me:  Does the Navy have a motto? 
The USMC is Semper Fi,
The CG is Semper Paratus,
The Space Force is, "I can see down her cleavage with this telescope",
The Air Farce is, "We run away at the speed of sound" (just kidding, any Air Farce kids out there...)...

but what's the motto of the Navy?  (I'm aware that the boomer community used to use "We Hide With Pride", but that really only applies to them...)

Eric Storm

PS:  I know, the Air Force uses "Aim High".  Ballistically speaking, this is very bad advice.  To hit a falling object, you should aim directly for it, not above it...

----
Facebook page

#1969 2022-02-18 03:44:50

ChiefRock
Wasted

There have been many Eric few I will claim The corniest I have heard is a force for good. The best one i like is "Hold my beer, watch this shit"

#1970 2022-02-18 03:50:43

Josh.Bond
Inebriated

Marine: acronym meaning my ass rides in naval equipment; also muscles are required intelligence not essential

Navy: acronym meaning never again volunteer yourself, also need any Vaseline yet.

Army: acronym meaning ain't ready for marines yet, see also us army

U.S. Army: reverse acronym meaning  yes my retarded ass signed up.

#1971 2022-02-18 05:56:01

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Hmm.  How about "US Navy:  We threw away our two biggest, meanest weapons platforms, but we can still kick your ass."  ?

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#1972 2022-03-05 15:47:54

ChiefRock
Wasted

You and Josh better look out Eric. You both have that sick veteran type humor. If you are not careful no one will take you anywhere

#1973 2022-03-05 21:50:50

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Oh, is that what it is.  I thought it was just because I had nothing to offer a woman.

Oh, well.  Since I'm not about to change my sense of humor...  *shrugs*

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#1974 2022-03-07 20:08:44

Elessar
Completely Blotto

How goes the plots? Stuck on any scenes you need bad advice for that turns into something useful?

#1975 2022-03-07 20:19:46

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

None that wouldn't take me longer to explain to someone than it would for me to just invent something myself.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

Board footer