The Pub Discussion Board

Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#1826 2021-07-19 10:19:53

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Re: Writing Status

Before someone asks (again), Agent of Change has now taken over the "primary story coming from Eric Storm" slot, and as such, its postings - when they occur - will happen on the 1st of the month.

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#1827 2021-07-19 18:23:55

ChiefRock
Wasted

Gracias

My worst day at sea is better than my best day ashore
I found a home in the navy-but they land airplanes on my roof

#1828 2021-07-23 20:22:30

JJ Richards
Inebriated

Eric Storm wrote:

Before someone asks (again), Agent of Change has now taken over the "primary story coming from Eric Storm" slot, and as such, its postings - when they occur - will happen on the 1st of the month.

Eric Storm

That is awesome news! I just finished rereading AoC 1-11 yesterday and can†t wait to learn more about several things!  Thanks Eric ðŸ‘

#1829 2021-07-23 23:46:39

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

JJ Richards wrote:

I just finished rereading AoC 1-11 yesterday and can't wait to learn more about several things!

Such as?  (I ask because it gives me insight about what people are finding interesting about this story.)

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#1830 2021-07-26 16:53:03

JJ Richards
Inebriated

SPOILER ALERT: I feel like there will be more to the mob than we have seen so far; really want to know who the fbi mole is and which big industry is already attacking salt! Also curious as to what will happen with Ayumi and Emma. Will Pat run for office…will she win? Will Robert do something else stupid and cause him to “push† control?  Anyway…thoroughly enjoying your stories as I have found to be a norm for me. Thank you for writing and sharing them!

#1831 2021-07-27 04:56:07

dude8
Inebriated

Maybe it'll turn out to be nothing/ignored/etc but: I still want to know what was in the police report about his mother from "over 10 years ago" and if it has any relevance to the fight with his father, etc

lots of chapters have little nuggets of unknown-possible-foreshadowing and/or rife for callbacks so...I'm interested in learning literally anything, it's a great story, and I want more of it 3dsmile

Last edited by dude8 (2021-07-27 04:56:39)

#1832 2021-07-29 00:25:37

JJ Richards
Inebriated

dude8 wrote:

Maybe it'll turn out to be nothing/ignored/etc but: I still want to know what was in the police report about his mother from "over 10 years ago" and if it has any relevance to the fight with his father, etc

lots of chapters have little nuggets of unknown-possible-foreshadowing and/or rife for callbacks so...I'm interested in learning literally anything, it's a great story, and I want more of it 3dsmile

And I WANT IT NOW! NOW! NOW! CUZ IM ENTITLED!!! 🤪

#1833 2021-07-29 03:32:58

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

JJ Richards wrote:

And I WANT IT NOW! NOW! NOW! CUZ IM ENTITLED!!! 🤪

Yep.  You're entitled to wait, just like everybody else.

3dtongue

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#1834 2021-08-01 00:50:35

ChiefRock
Wasted

Eric Storm wrote:

Eric Storm

So first of august tonight? chapter 12 possible??

Last edited by ChiefRock (2021-08-01 00:52:23)

#1835 2021-08-01 00:58:54

thehilz
Completely Blotto

I’m guessing it is possible just like it’s possible he may wait til closer to the end of the 1st (11:59 pm I hope not) to post it depending on how much people bug him about it.

#1836 2021-08-01 03:00:14

ChiefRock
Wasted

No telling Hilz. I have given up trying to guess how Eric will react all I can do is ask

#1837 2021-08-01 04:30:22

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

*flips coin*

Aw, man, tails.  Guess you guys get to wait another six months...  misch_smiley

3dlol  3dtongue

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#1838 2021-08-01 05:02:13

thehilz
Completely Blotto

Such an evil coin. Needs to be gotten rid of 3dbig_smile

#1839 2021-08-01 06:52:35

Elessar
Completely Blotto

Guess 6 months means 6 hours added on. It’s worth it though, usually is.

Eric Storm wrote:

*flips coin*

Aw, man, tails.  Guess you guys get to wait another six months...  misch_smiley

3dlol  3dtongue

Eric Storm

#1840 2021-08-01 07:59:36

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

thehilz wrote:

Such an evil coin. Needs to be gotten rid of 3dbig_smile

You leave my double-tailed coin alone!

3dtongue

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#1841 2021-08-01 08:05:34

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Update for August 1, 2021:

Agent of Change, Chapter 12, has been posted to PRM.
Agent of Change, Chapter 6, has been made public.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#1842 2021-08-02 01:20:02

ChiefRock
Wasted

Thank you Eric--I will not tell anyone you have a heart

#1843 2021-08-02 01:56:34

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

ChiefRock wrote:

Thank you Eric--I will not tell anyone you have a heart

That is a fucking lie!

Oh, wait... no, I have three of them, there in jars on my shelf...

3dangel

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#1844 2021-08-02 16:37:56

dustbunny
Tipsy

dude8 wrote:

I'm curious about that as well. I'm always happy to see another chapter released, and disappointed that I read it so fast. Thank you Eric!!

Edit: When this posted I realized this is the first time I've posted since I joined 8 years ago. I'm sorry about that, but I'm not good with translating thoughts into words, and I have enjoyed your work for a looong time. Thank you again!

Last edited by dustbunny (2021-08-02 16:40:01)

#1845 2021-08-19 06:53:44

dude8
Inebriated

Any idea what kind of timeframe you're targeting for WBR 4? I know you said that AoC was the new "primary" work that will come out first of the month, but also I dont think the next chapter is complete yet? So does that mean WBR would be released at some point randomly, or will it take the place of a 1st of the month release?

Looking forward to more of each series 3dsmile

#1846 2021-08-19 09:52:13

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

At the moment, my writing is on involuntary hiatus.  (By which I mean I can't seem to write anything)

At this point, things will be posted when they're ready.  Beyond that, I can't commit to anything.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#1847 2021-08-19 10:53:56

dude8
Inebriated

Roger, all good, was just curious.

Let us know if there's anything we can do to help (like suggesting random setups to get characters into the same scene again 3dsmile )

Otherwise, good luck on the involuntary-ness receding.

#1848 2021-08-19 11:31:44

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Okay, hell, who knows, maybe it'll help...

If you've been reading AC, you know that Pat is running for city council.

I'd like some interesting scenes to fit into that plotline.  If you have any ideas, feel free to post them here.

Also, if you have any interesting ideas for the WBR crew to deal with, you can mention that, too.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#1849 2021-08-19 17:24:11

ChiefRock
Wasted

I wonder if there was a character to run opposed to Pat might make some interesting scenes Eric? there is nothing nastier than politics so should be some material there. Of course as sick of politics as I currently am I cannot believe I am suggesting this

#1850 2021-08-19 23:36:06

dude8
Inebriated

I just narrated out random plot points that may or may not be useful when I was driving to the dentist today (I think i fixed all the weird speech to textisms, but...sorry if I missed any). Feel free to use all or none...or hate them so much that they give you better ideas, who knows 3dsmile

Also, given that I think there's both a chapter of WBR and AC in progress right now...you may have already written some of these sorts of things...so sorry for any duplicates that I'm not aware of

Random AC ideas
    -    The mob approaches pat several times trying to get her in their pocket
    -    Nick decides he needs to run the mob empire from the shadows, to remove them as a corrupting force (or at least corruption Nick agrees with), and help ensure nick/etc's safety
    -    someone finds out about what ever it was that nick's mom did years ago in order to ask questions at a press conference of pat who whitenessed it or something?
    -    Father comes out against pat running for city council, forcing Nick to start the public takedown of his father from the shadows
    -    Pat Asked about her connection with salt corporation at press conference
    -    His mom signs papers so he can start getting his drivers license
    -    Decides to convert the basement of the factory into something: perhaps a bunker or a storage facility...or something else entirely. it's just interesting because it's directly connected to the apprtment, so if the main floor becomes manufacturing...the basement could be something hidden/reserved for Nick and his group's use
    -    Start world building around the town: we know a lot about nicks 5 favorite places, and a few houses he does chores at, etc...other interesting places? Get sent to hobbins/etc?
    -    Haley has to protect nick using her new skills as security chief
    -    Waterpark / airport stuff

WBR (less ideas here because I need to re-read WBR again...so maybe more ideas after the weekend?).
    -    Now devoid of annoying other people begin to form a close knit group / more interpersonal interaction threads/subplots?
    -    All people within Tim's team begin pairing off, with sexy results, etc?
    -    First series is largely about water being the limiting factor. Is there a new limiting factor or will be group size/interpersonal relations be the limiting factor/source of conflicts for awhile?
    -    All the stupid people in the other group die off, smart ones rejoin tim's group at next meetup?
    -    Build new base ?
    -    General world building / exploring events?

Hopefully something there is useful to you, if not, then continued good luck moving past it otherwise.

Last edited by dude8 (2021-08-19 23:36:45)

Board footer