Re: Writing Status

Nevermind. Sorry for the loss of data.

#852 2018-06-16 20:08:19

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Update for June 16, 2018:

Agent of Change, Chapter 6 has been re-started.

I have no idea if I'm going to be able to finish this in time for a July 1st release, but I'm going to try.  If I don't get it done by then, I will release it as soon as it is ready.  Sorry for the delay, but I've been heavily focused on WAY8.  No, the planning for that is not nearly finished, but I've gotten to the point of the smaller details, so I can afford a bit of distraction by another story.

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#853 2018-06-30 00:59:59

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Update for June 29, 2018:

Just to let everyone know that there is an approximately 0% chance that Agent of Change chapter 6 will be posted on the 1st of July.  I will release it as soon as I can, but life has been throwing us some curve balls of late.  Finances are stressing me out, given how shitty they are, and to add to that, one of our ferrets has developed a hematoma on her leg which we are watching carefully.  (Yes, we took her to the vet.  They all went in on Tuesday for their annual checkup.  Figured since we had to take one, and it was close to time for it, might as well take all three, and save the extra dr. visit fee...)

I've also been fighting depression lately, which makes writing - and most other tasks - difficult to accomplish.  What little writing impetus I have had, I've been putting towards the planning of WAY8, which is well underway.  I'd call it more than half done, but there is still a lot of work to do, hence the conversation going on in the WAY7 thread.

My health has also been shitty... literally.  My IBS has been particularly nasty the last few months.

Point of all this is, I'm having trouble writing, and that means that AoC6 is nowhere near finished.  Sorry.

Eric Storm

PS:  Just writing this message depressed me even further. 
3dsad

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#854 2018-06-30 06:35:25

KaosKing
Inebriated

Thank you for the update Eric, don't let life get you down. Just remember you're awesome

#855 2018-07-01 14:15:33

Josh.Bond
Inebriated

No problems, Eric. Be well and post when you are ready.

#856 2018-07-01 14:25:35

Elessar
Completely Blotto

I normally don’t have anything nice to say, and for that I am sorry. So I will simply say, I hope for the best, and will be back in about a month. Not just because your lack of publishing, but more for the lack of general publishing. This will give me time away to read elsewhere and not worry about forgetting something here. None of the several stories I have been reading have moved anywhere in recent weeks, so I hope your health peaks as well as any other problems dissipate.

#857 2018-07-01 19:34:07

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Except that you said before you weren't going to make a donation, thus reducing the chances of my other problems dissipating...

Just sayin'...

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#858 2018-07-02 04:41:41

Elessar
Completely Blotto

Eric Storm wrote:

Except that you said before you weren't going to make a donation, thus reducing the chances of my other problems dissipating...

Just sayin'...

Eric Storm

That is very correct. I did say I wasn’t going to donate, I have a reason for that actually. Not something sharing publicly is best.

#859 2018-07-02 05:14:25

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

I figured you did have a reason.  Your reason is nobody's business but yours.  But that won't stop me from yankin' yer chain about it.  hehehe

3dbig_smile

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#860 2018-07-07 23:53:20

yonkdude79
Tipsy

I hope things improve, and appreciate all the writing that you have provided over the years.  You are without a doubt, my favorite author on the site, and in my top five for anywhere else that I read, in any style of writing.

#861 2018-07-11 04:14:28

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Update for July 11, 2018:

Not a writing update, more a "why I'm not writing" update, unfortunately.

Those of you who have been following this thread will know that we took our ferrets in week before last for their annual checkup, and because our little girl, Cocoa, had a lump growing on her back leg.

At first, the vet thought it was a hematoma (a blood blister) that had created a blood clot which was simply too big to dissolve quickly on its own.  He gave her antibiotics and told us to bathe her in warm water to help blood flow to the area, so the clot would dissolve.

Well, over the weekend, we realized that the lump was actually growing again.  It is large enough now that it is dragging on the ground as she walks (there is a scab on it because of this.)  The vet now believes that it is a tumor, and she will need surgery to have that removed.

The vet's schedule was already overbooked for this week's surgery day, so she is going in next Thursday to have the tumor removed.  Hopefully it will be benign (most ferret tumors are, according to the vet...), and there won't be any complications.  Still, between worrying over the outcome, and worrying over the cost, it's making doing anything creative extremely difficult right now.

The planning stage for WAY8 is pretty well complete.  I could begin writing at any point now... if I could actually write...

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#862 2018-07-12 08:08:02

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Update for July 12, 2018:

And so it begins...

Book 8, that is.

The Woodward Academy, Book 8, Chapter 1: June has been started.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#863 2018-07-13 02:57:45

darthel0101
Completely Blotto

I hope Cocoa does good with the vet visit and that the tumor does turn out to be non-malignant.

#864 2018-07-13 21:35:34

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Thanks.  It never rains, but it pours.  We just got back from the vet: we had to take one of our cats in for a urinary blockage.
3dsad

Sometimes, life really sucks.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#865 2018-07-15 23:14:38

islandman79#
Inebriated

My family member is a dog, a goofy dumb ass hilarious little guy.  He is about 16-17 years old ( human years).
Eyes are shot - ears are deaf as politician - kidneys going and hips gone and god has he gotten boned, he shits all over the place.

But he is family, not a pet. He is family.
Half of the family says he needs to pass on, that we are dragging him thru pain that increases daily, and since we don’t have a magic wand or spell to be able to speak canine. We go back n forth about what to do.

I hope your family member does well Mr. Eric Storm.
If you recall my past memos, you’ll understand where I come from, the fabry disease hs now taken my kidneys and has started on my heart.  I am in pain 24-7 & the health support I relied on was cut out from under many of us.
I hope people speak my language for the future - when I can’t take this life anymore.

Lots of luck and to you and yours.
Dying from anticipation waiting for next instalment meant. Oh Woodward.
I hope it’s before july 24 2018.

I realized that I’ve been following your written word from before I met my ex wife and still reading you since we split.( I just mentioned it cause I recalled her asking I not read online books - and I snuck your stories like a cigarette).

#866 2018-07-16 00:53:19

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

... She asked that you not read???

No wonder she's your ex.

What happens on July 24?

Thanks for the well-wishes.  The cat is recovering, though we're now having to concern ourselves with possibly needing to permanently alter his diet.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#867 2018-07-16 18:10:37

ozygonzo
Inebriated

Eric, Get well Soon and Write When You Can, I hope all Your little Family Get Well Soon, I will Donate Again When Funds Become Available

Paul

Last edited by ozygonzo (2018-07-16 18:12:14)

'I Wish I Was A Glow Worm, A Glow Worm Is Never Glum, Cuz' How can you Be Grumpy, When The Sun Shines Out Your Bum

#868 2018-07-16 20:58:56

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Thanks, Ozy.

It just seems like everything is piling up on us right now.  Financial woes + health problems + emotional problems + veterinary problems + repair expenses... it just doesn't seem like it's stopping.

Anyway, I'll try to write more of WAY8-1 as I can, but it is VERY tough to write when I'm this stressed out.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#869 2018-07-26 23:44:46

Elessar
Completely Blotto

What’s the update?

#870 2018-07-27 02:55:21

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

It's that thing I post every once in a while when I have something to say.

3dtongue

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#871 2018-07-27 05:04:17

Crusader
Wasted

Elessar wrote:

What’s the update?

Windows 10 build 1803 was updated 4/30/2018

Edit: typo

Last edited by Crusader (2018-07-27 05:04:47)

#872 2018-07-29 19:30:07

cuffncowboy
Tipsy

Have you posted year 8 June yet

#873 2018-07-29 21:23:35

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Do you see Year 8 on the site someplace?  Perhaps right there on my stories list right after Year 7?

No?

Then it's safe to assume I haven't posted any part of Year 8 yet.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#874 2018-07-30 03:10:00

islandman79#
Inebriated

Sorry to dad my two cents, but honestly cuffncowboy†. If you have reached this site/ community.   It’s expcted - he’ll , it’s almost common sense to read the bold titles , that direct a reader to the info available.
Your approach to this is like interrupting surgery just to ask if the patients got the 5$ you lent them befit a accident.

So in end - read comments Friday m previous entries about the store to read.

Passing the mega microphone 🎤 back to Eric

#875 2018-07-30 03:11:51

islandman79#
Inebriated

How the hell does this site make my comments into a compost of words

Board footer