The Pub Discussion Board

Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#601 2017-06-27 05:38:18

Wicked Storm
Completely Blotto

Re: Writing Status

Whether you finish it by the 1st or not, you are doing better than most of us, which i know doesn't always mean much to the person it's being said to as we all have our own personal goals. But I like to think of you being a benchmark writer most, other writers here on this site try to turn out 10% as much writing as you do. ^_^ always good work Eric.

In the dark your lips taste like sweet nectar, and in the line they tease me endlessly.

#602 2017-06-28 04:24:51

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

I won't call this an official update, because I'm still not sure.

It is looking pretty good for WAY7-5 to be posted on July 1st.  I have only one major scene left to write, and I'm on a writing streak (5 days in a row so far).

Again, I cannot promise anything, but keep your fingers and toes crossed, and maybe you'll have something to read in a couple days.

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#603 2017-06-29 05:01:55

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Update for June 29, 2017:

I don't usually make this announcement until after Keeshaba has had a chance to read through it, but due to the timing issue:

The Woodward Academy, Year 7, Chapter 5: October has been completed.  It will be posted to PRM on July 1st.  (The reviewers will get it as soon as Keeshaba is done with it, but I will not wait for their reviews before posting it.)

It may appear LATE on the 1st, so that I have a chance to proofread/edit it before posting, but it will be posted on July 1, 2017, at some point.

I will begin planning chapter 6 immediately.

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#604 2017-06-29 13:40:48

JJ Richards
Inebriated

Nice work, Eric! Thanks for the update. ðŸ‘

#605 2017-06-29 21:04:04

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Just to let everyone know, WAY7-6 is now planned out.  Writing will begin either tonight or tomorrow.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#606 2017-06-29 22:31:38

Wicked Storm
Completely Blotto

Always looking forward to reading your next chapters on whatever story you are writing. ^_^

In the dark your lips taste like sweet nectar, and in the line they tease me endlessly.

#607 2017-06-30 02:33:09

thehilz
Completely Blotto

Great to hear. Looking forward to this weekend even more now.

#608 2017-07-01 03:10:40

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Just to let everyone know, it will be either late tomorrow afternoon, or tomorrow evening, before I post 7-5.  It will be posted tomorrow.  I am simply too tired tonight to attempt to proofread it before posting.

Keeshaba had to go in for an emergency tooth extraction this morning (well, morning to us, it was noon.)  That meant I got about 4 hours of sleep.  That's not enough for me to function well enough to proofread.

So, I'll do it when I get up tomorrow.  Barring any unforeseen problems tomorrow, it'll be there by the evening.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#609 2017-07-01 14:42:08

Sirkenii
Inebriated

Twitch... twitch...  ouch...  hope you guys get some good sleep.  WAY 1-6, and some of 7 is still a great read the second and third time through.

Thanks for the updates. And glad you are writing again hopefully without the self imposed stress.

Respectfully,
Ken II

#610 2017-07-01 18:37:14

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

*snort*  If my life wasn't full of stress I'm not sure I'd know how to behave.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#611 2017-07-01 19:38:44

Sirkenii
Inebriated

Yea, but at least it is not debilitating stress grin.

Respectfully,
Ken II

#612 2017-07-01 20:34:26

veon
Inebriated

Hi Eric I hope you are better... by the way I may be wrong but I think that year 6 should have being the release of chapter 11 couse the chapter was last month. Thanks. Bless you

#613 2017-07-01 21:11:52

Sirkenii
Inebriated

Eric Storm wrote:

Just to let everyone know, it will be either late tomorrow afternoon, or tomorrow evening, before I post 7-5.  It will be posted tomorrow.  I am simply too tired tonight to attempt to proofread it before posting.

Keeshaba had to go in for an emergency tooth extraction this morning (well, morning to us, it was noon.)  That meant I got about 4 hours of sleep.  That's not enough for me to function well enough to proofread.

Veon, he posts all stories at the same time and will be doing it later tonight.

Respectfully,
Ken II

#614 2017-07-01 23:00:46

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

I'll assume that Ken's interpretation of what you said is correct.  I honestly couldn't decipher the meaning of your sentence.

In any case, he's right.  The next chapter of WAY6 will get made public when the next chapter of WAY7 is added to PRM.  That will happen in a couple hours.  I haven't yet had a chance to start the proofread.  I will do so while eating dinner (which I am making now.  Spaghetti.  Mmmmmmmm.....  whoops, drooled on my story...  3dbig_smile ).

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#615 2017-07-01 23:32:29

Sirkenii
Inebriated

Sure leave it up to the closet addict to interpret something.  Twitch, twitch...

Respectfully,
Ken II

Food......  story... 

I refuse to beg... lol.

#616 2017-07-01 23:52:37

JJ Richards
Inebriated

Mm mm...meat sauce or balls? 😜

#617 2017-07-02 02:34:27

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Update for July 1, 2017:

The Woodward Academy, Year 6, Chapter 11: April has been made public.
The Woodward Academy, Year 7, Chapter 5: October has been posted to PRM.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#618 2017-07-02 04:29:59

JJ Richards
Inebriated

Great chapter as usual, Eric! Just how many more things can you dream up at one time??? ðŸ˜

#619 2017-07-02 05:19:48

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

I can't take all the credit for the ideas.  My reviewers have come up with several of them.  One of the things I like about having reviewers is being able to brainstorm with them about story ideas.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#620 2017-07-02 09:42:02

veon
Inebriated

Sorry Eric I was not wakeful when I wrote that post. Thanks Sirkenii for the answer. Let me explain that I just asked about the chapter couse wood 6 and 7 where in the main page in the last updates group but when I opened it the new chapter was not there. Sorry my mistake.

#621 2017-07-03 06:01:06

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Update for July 3, 2017:

The Woodward Academy, Year 7, Chapter 6: November has been started.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#622 2017-07-07 07:35:59

Wicked Storm
Completely Blotto

Chapter 6..... Can't wait. Brainstorming is actually a great way of making the stories we all write better. You can always throw an idea out if it doesn't work, but it always worth trying. Just be careful of writing oneself into a corner..... Did that earlier haha. but on a serious note cant wait for chapter 6.

#623 2017-07-15 04:48:37

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Update for July 15, 2017:

Agent of Change, Chapter 5 has been posted to PRM.

This is the last chapter of AoC that I have finished, though Chapter 6 is making some progress.

WAY7-6 is now nearly 19,000 words long.  I have 3-4 scenes left to go.  It is my hope to have it done within the next few days.

Just for anyone who cares (and because if I tell someone, I'm more likely to follow through):  I have started to learn the Dvorak keyboard layout.  Why, you might ask?  Well, mainly because I have occasionally noticed that my wrists hurt when I type, despite the fact that I have used an ergonomic keyboard for the last 20+ years.  Dvorak, due to the specific arrangement of keys, is said by many to reduce the effects of RSI (repetitive stress injuries).  It is also touted to be faster for typing... but neither of those claims has been scientifically verified.  Of course, there is one more reason, and for some things this matters to me:  Almost no one else can type in Dvorak (hell, most people have never heard of it.)  I like being able to do things that "normal folk" can't do.

3dsmile

Not to worry, this will not slow down my writing.  I will not actually convert to the system full-time until I can type at least half as fast as I can type with Qwerty.  (I can do about 60wpm in Qwerty, so...)

Anyway, that's my update for the day.  Enjoy!

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#624 2017-07-16 14:02:22

Centaur
Inebriated

from this heat image of the two keyboards it looks like a batter key layout

http://images.wisegeek.com/qwerty-dvora … boards.jpg

all the most used keys are your home keys, and all of your common vowels are on you're left hand

Last edited by Centaur (2017-07-16 14:06:26)

#625 2017-07-16 17:59:02

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

All of your "common" vowels?

Do we have some "uncommon" vowels?  3dsmile

Actually, ALL of the vowels - even Y, are on the left hand, by design.

And yeah, the typing training widget that I'm using makes a point of the fact that, instead of the fjfjsl;sl;sl; crap you type to learn qwerty (because forming words out of the qwerty home row is rather difficult), it uses actual words to teach.  (Although I admit that some of them are, to me, a bit of a stretch to call words, such as "nth"...)

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

Board footer