Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#551 2017-05-03 04:39:12

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Re: Writing Status

Update for May 3, 2017:

Sweet Talker, Chapter 2 has been started.

Okay, now I can hear all the "huh?"s going on...

No, you've not missed Chapter 1.  This story isn't posted anywhere.  Given the pace with which it's being written, it may never be posted anywhere.  As I mentioned earlier, I'm attempting to jumpstart my writing engine by working on something, anything at this point.  The scene for the start of this chapter has been kicking around in my head for a while, so I decided to write it down.

Don't expect to be reading it any time soon.

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#552 2017-05-03 05:02:21

riun
Inebriated

So you could say that your doing some brain storming.
3dbig_smile

I know it's not punny butt I had to dew it. 
3dtongue

"The curse of a reader is reading faster than the author can write (or post)."

#553 2017-05-03 05:20:15

riun
Inebriated

Okay is it wrong of me to have wondered from the pub side of the internet to the furry section (MORFS universe). I still come here from time to time and read the fourm. And if its wrong I beg forgiveness Eric.

Or do need to stop posting on forums late at night.

"The curse of a reader is reading faster than the author can write (or post)."

#554 2017-05-03 15:11:21

Sirkenii
Inebriated

twitch,.. twitch..  I think our MOD, or one of our favorite authors is a sadist...

Not a addict..  Not a Addict...

Eric Storm wrote:

Update for May 3, 2017:

No, you've not missed Chapter 1.  This story isn't posted anywhere.  Given the pace with which it's being written, it may never be posted anywhere.  As I mentioned earlier, I'm attempting to jumpstart my writing engine by working on something, anything at this point.  The scene for the start of this chapter has been kicking around in my head for a while, so I decided to write it down.

Eric Storm

pictures the guy with the pet the toy playing with the pet.. keeping the toy always just out of reach..  "you can get it, you can get it..."

Take it easy Eric.  Glad your doing better.

Its rehab for writers block lol

Last edited by Sirkenii (2017-05-03 15:12:50)

#555 2017-05-03 16:29:30

darthel0101
Completely Blotto

Eric Storm wrote:

Update for May 3, 2017:

Eric Storm

Like a certain well-known author, keeping unfinished work around is not a bad thing.
Piers Anthony has stated in his bio that he is a WORKING writer and that means that he sits down and writes. When he runs into one of those situations where he is unable to write on the story that is his current ptoject, he puts it down and picks up a different one. He also has a Xanth story going at all times to provide a definite break in thought processes.

IOW, and not meaning to attack our host when he is having issues, professional writers use other stories to allow themselves time to write the ones that they want to write.

Thank you, Eric, for giving us a wealth of works to enjoy. Please allow yourself to enjoy your writing.

#556 2017-05-03 17:45:46

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

"Professional" writers do not follow any kind of set method.  They have only one rule:

Do what works for you.

As I'm sure G.R.R. Martin's fans can attest, not all "Professional" writers can crank out books at a furious pace.  Tom Clancy, one of my previous favorite authors, used to put out one book every two years... and much of that time was spent doing research.

There's just no set method for the creative process.  It works differently for everyone.  I have always had multiple stories open, for just this reason.  The problem right now is that I gave myself a deadline, and so it kind of feels like working on anything else is just goofing off.  These aren't pressures applied by you guys.  These are pressures applied by ME, on ME.  And I know you will tell me to relax and just go with it... but really, if I could actually DO that, I wouldn't need the advice in the first place!

3dsmile

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#557 2017-05-06 22:35:33

islandman79#
Inebriated

Hello Mr. Storm, one hopes that you find your self in comfortable and in better health.
The reason I write to you is in regards to a release date of May 1 2017 chapters for Woodward school?

#558 2017-05-06 23:05:12

Jefferson
Completely Blotto

Eric Storm wrote:

Official Notification:

Okay, folks, I hate to do this, but this is your official notice that there will be no May 1st update, either.

This ear infection or whatever it is just refuses to let go.  It's sapping my energy and making it hard to focus on much of anything.  Really, all I've been doing is watching old TV shows.  (I've watched all of Hogan's Heroes this month, as well as most of Air Crash Investigation... still working through it...)  I hate being like this, but I simply can't work mentally this way.

The chapter is well advanced, at almost 15,000 words.  NO, I cannot just "cut it where it is", as I'm only about halfway through the month.  (7-4 would just have to be one of my longer chapters, wouldn't you know?  The universe loves this kind of cruel joke...)

I seriously hope that I will be able to post on June 1st.  I'm going to see the ENT this week, so hopefully this issue will get settled soon.  On the plus side, my allergies seem to have cleared up (finally out of my allergy season, I guess...)

As with this month, I will post another chapter of Agent of Change on or around the 15th of May.  I know it's no substitute for WAY7-4, but at least I'm giving you SOMETHING to read...

Eric Storm

#559 2017-05-06 23:06:21

Timberwolf92
Inebriated

islandman79# wrote:

Hello Mr. Storm, one hopes that you find your self in comfortable and in better health.
The reason I write to you is in regards to a release date of May 1 2017 chapters for Woodward school?

Please ladies and gentlemen if you are going to post a question in the forum to Eric or any othe the other contributors, at least do us all the curtesy of reading the posts for the last 1-2 weeks.
To answer the question you eluded too:

Eric Storm wrote:

Official Notification:

Okay, folks, I hate to do this, but this is your official notice that there will be no May 1st update, either.....
.......The chapter is well advanced, at almost 15,000 words.  NO, I cannot just "cut it where it is", as I'm only about halfway through the month.  (7-4 would just have to be one of my longer chapters, wouldn't you know?  The universe loves this kind of cruel joke...)

I seriously hope that I will be able to post on June 1st.......

Eric Storm

#560 2017-05-08 03:37:07

StoryJunkie
Wasted

Eric Storm wrote:

Five full days to plot, plan and create, and that's the best you can do, StoryJunkie?

Sheesh.  I feel cheated.

3dtongue

Eric Storm

no more cheated than I do lol...actually, my health took a short dive also, I haven't been able to get online as much lately.....but you never did answer me, can you see the one finger I'm still holding up? 3dtongue

#561 2017-05-08 05:16:26

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Luckily for you, I'm extremely nearsighted, so I can't.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#562 2017-05-15 07:05:54

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Update for May 15, 2017:

Agent of Change, Chapter 3 has been posted to PRM.

Agent of Change, Chapter 6 has been started.

The Woodward Academy, Year 7, Chapter 4: September is nearing completion.

It is very likely that WAY7-4 will be posted on June 1st.  I cannot guarantee it, as any number of weird things could happen to prevent it, but I have only two scenes left to write on it, and while they are kind of big scenes, they are also already planned out.  So, here's to hoping.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#563 2017-05-15 18:39:47

Timberwolf92
Inebriated

Has the ear infection gone away, Eric?

#564 2017-05-15 20:42:05

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

I'm not sure it ever was an "infection".  The problem has subsided to the point where it doesn't bother me.  I never did get to the ENT: I had to cancel my appointment due to other issues, and by that time, it had already receded to a point where I wasn't willing to waste $40 for the ENT to tell me, "Yeah, it's a bit swollen."

So, occasionally I have a little trouble hearing out of it, but for the most part, it's fine now.  I need to Debrox it in the next few days... I have a real problem with ear wax buildup, and I think that's what ultimately caused the problem to begin with.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#565 2017-05-16 15:19:11

NoMercy745
Tipsy

Glad to hear that you are getting better, but what about the PRM chapters from Woodward Year 6? Will those be made public soon?

#566 2017-05-16 17:02:52

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Chapters come OUT of PRM when chapters go INTO PRM.

In other words, I'm not releasing the next PRM chapter to the public until 7-4 is posted to PRM, whenever that happens to be.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#567 2017-05-16 20:09:20

Orac
Inebriated

Eric Storm wrote:

Update for May 15, 2017:

Agent of Change, Chapter 3 has been posted to PRM.

Agent of Change, Chapter 6 has been started.

The Woodward Academy, Year 7, Chapter 4: September is nearing completion.

It is very likely that WAY7-4 will be posted on June 1st.  I cannot guarantee it, as any number of weird things could happen to prevent it, but I have only two scenes left to write on it, and while they are kind of big scenes, they are also already planned out.  So, here's to hoping.

Eric Storm

First of all great news.
3dbig_smile
But sorry if I missed something, you've finished chapter 3 of Agent of change and are starting chapter 6? What happens to chapter 4 & 5?

#568 2017-05-17 01:09:41

Icehawk101
Inebriated

He is RELEASING chapter 3, chapters 4 and 5 are written and awaiting release, and he is starting chapter 6. It is good to have a buffer in case something throws off the schedule.

#569 2017-05-17 02:28:47

Shadowpayne
Tipsy

Eric Storm wrote:

I'm not sure it ever was an "infection".  The problem has subsided to the point where it doesn't bother me.  I never did get to the ENT: I had to cancel my appointment due to other issues, and by that time, it had already receded to a point where I wasn't willing to waste $40 for the ENT to tell me, "Yeah, it's a bit swollen."

So, occasionally I have a little trouble hearing out of it, but for the most part, it's fine now.  I need to Debrox it in the next few days... I have a real problem with ear wax buildup, and I think that's what ultimately caused the problem to begin with.

Eric Storm

One of my wife's coworkers had been complaining about a pain behind her eye.  It then spread to her ear.  She started getting ear aches, loss of hearing then blurred vision in one eye.  It turned out it was a brain tumor the size of the palm of her hand.  She went into surgery today to have it removed.  It took 12 hours, looks like they got it all.  We hope she recovers, we have to wait and see.

When I read your post it reminded me that her boss suggested it was just that she needed to get glasses to deal with eyestrain from working on her computer all day.  Sometimes it worth the $40.00 to go see someone.  In this case, it saved a life.

I hope you get well soon!  ( I am not suggesting you have a tumor )

#570 2017-05-17 05:52:41

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Yeah, anything starts messing with my vision, I have it dealt with quick.  I've got little enough vision.

I would agree with you if symptoms persist, but when symptoms are abating on their own, it seems pointless to shell out the bucks for needless antibiotics (the go-to treatment for EVERYTHING nowadays...), when all I really have to do is wait a while.

Trust me, if it gets worse again, I'll remake the appointment.

Eric Storm

PS:  Now all I can see in my head is Peter Griffin singing, "I'm a tumor.  I'm a tumor I'm a tumor.  Oh, oh, oh, I'm a tumor..."  3dbig_smile

----
Facebook page

#571 2017-05-17 05:55:19

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Orac:

I mentioned when I started posting AoC that I had already written the first five chapters.  I hadn't released them because I wanted to have enough of them done to allow me a posting schedule as I have done with Woodward.

When I failed to keep my schedule with Woodward, I decided I would sacrifice AoC in order to let you guys have something to read during the month.  What I've learned from all of this is that the only way I can guarantee myself a posting schedule is if the book is already finished.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#572 2017-05-18 08:40:39

StoryJunkie
Wasted

Glad to read that WAY 7-4 on schedule (barring any problems).....I'm liking AOC, but I really want my WAY fix, also good to read that some of the problems are getting a little better, I hope that trend continues and you start to feel at least a little better than before....being that I am disabled I have some understanding of how you feel, not that I understand it all, but I can certainly empathize.

Oh and that one finger I was holding up....it was my thumb...so there lol

#573 2017-05-19 00:59:18

runkmaster24
Inebriated

Glad to hear ur on the mend thanks for posting AOC it's deff a good filler added to my list of things I wait for lol can't wait to read WAY7

#574 2017-05-19 08:35:25

Elessar
Completely Blotto

First off glad to hear you are doing better and that the story is progressing swimmingly. The only BIG issue i find with all of this... is.... another long month for WAY 7-5! It's stressful to say the least i swear! Joking!

But on the side note of health, in some cases where the symptoms subside... it's not always for the best. Some occasion it's because it has destroy the nerves or the pain has gotten to the point that your body just says "Fuck it, i am used to it already", so you essentially have a bigger problem by not being able to feel the problem continue. Not saying that this is the case, it's just something to think about. Live long and prosper!

Eric Storm wrote:

Yeah, anything starts messing with my vision, I have it dealt with quick.  I've got little enough vision.

I would agree with you if symptoms persist, but when symptoms are abating on their own, it seems pointless to shell out the bucks for needless antibiotics (the go-to treatment for EVERYTHING nowadays...), when all I really have to do is wait a while.

Trust me, if it gets worse again, I'll remake the appointment.

Eric Storm

PS:  Now all I can see in my head is Peter Griffin singing, "I'm a tumor.  I'm a tumor I'm a tumor.  Oh, oh, oh, I'm a tumor..."  3dbig_smile

#575 2017-05-19 16:17:28

Jack Tempest
Tipsy

once again Eric. whatever works for you. is what i hope you'll do. i am loving AoC. and a few other stories on the forum currently in progress.
I am happy to hear your ear thing is going better now.  as someone who has suffered one ear-related issue or another since childhood and now well into my 30's i can say that you have my deepest sympathies, and bets hopes.
aside from that though, i am wishing i could write as you do good sir. i have tried a few random time sin the past but never gotten past the events of chapter 1 to start when i make an attempt. who knows. maybe i should take a leaf off of your book so to speak (referring to you statement about CAMP Rin's Journey which is wher ei first saw you mentioning that you wrote it, to have  a story you yourself had wanted to read).

anyways mr storm, i hope you  get your mindset and your health on the tracks you desire them to be on. and that your life will be a good one, Namaste.
Jaxk Tempest

Board footer