The Pub Discussion Board

Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#1 2010-06-04 08:09:49

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Writing Status

As some of you may have noticed - or may not... - I have been writing pretty regularly lately.   Enough so that I have put out three chapters in the last couple weeks.  (Justice Seven, Paladin, and CAMP: Sibling Rivalry, in case you're not keeping track).

This is just a note to let you know what I'm hoping to write on next, assuming that I am able to keep up the urge.

Right now, I am nearly finished with Illicit Reunions chapter 7.  When that is done, I will move on to Illicit Reunions chapter 8, which I expect to be the last chapter of that book.  (Yeah, I know... kind of short for me, but hey, they can't all be 1000 pages long... 3dsmile  )

After finishing IR, I plan to write chapter 5 of Where the Maiasaurs Roam.

Once that's done, the plans are a little sketchy, and will depend on what grabs my interest, but here are my goals for the rest of the year:

I want to finish A Mother's Slavery this year, if at all possible.  It is slated for ten chapters, and as short as they are, this should not be a challenge, if I actually get to it.

I want to make significant progress on J7.  I'm not sure exactly how many chapters J7 will have, as the characters keep surprising me with their actions, and so the ending I have planned now, may not be the ending that you actually get.  3dsmile  Still, a couple more chapters of J7 would be good.

I will get a few more chapters of CSR done by the end of the year.  I know this is the story everyone wants to read, and so I will make every effort to get as much of it done as I can.

Maiasaurs is in the middle of a redirection of focus, so I don't know how much of that I'll get written, but I like the story idea, so I'm going to try to write some beyond chapter 5 this year.

Lira's Home, CASS, Paladin will all get chapters as the spirit moves me.

Of course, this is all dependent on whether or not the spirit keeps moving me to write at all.  Let's hope it does.

Eric Storm

PS:  While I may write a short story or two, there will be no new series started until I finish up some of the ones already running.  I do have several story ideas waiting in the wings, but they're going to stay there until I've whittled down my open stories list a bit.

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#2 2010-06-06 06:08:39

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Re: Writing Status

Just a quick update:  I have finished IR chapter 7, and have started chapter 8.  Because I'm going to finish up this story with chapter 8, I won't edit / release chapter 7 until after I've finished chapter 8, so don't be looking for it in the next week.  Moving right along...

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#3 2010-06-06 06:29:13

Black Rose
Evil Bar Wench

You sound like you're doing really great with your writing.  Congratulations!  I hope the muses continue to be kind.

Black Rose

"Being a writer is a very peculiar sort of a job: it's always you versus a blank sheet of paper (or a blank screen) and quite often the blank piece of paper wins." – Neil Gaiman

#4 2010-06-13 21:03:49

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Just an update:  I have finished Illicit Reunions.  I'll be editing chapter 7 today or tomorrow, and releasing it to PRM.  Chapter 8 will be edited in a few days, and also released to PRM.  I will develop a release schedule to make this story public, but, of course, I'm not going to tell you what it is.  3dtongue

I am not yet ready to work on Maiasaurs 5, so I may sneak in a chapter of A Mother's Slavery while I work on the plot line.

Just keeping you informed,
Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#5 2010-06-13 21:25:36

Storymaster69
Completely Blotto

Just so that you know people are not just bitching about lack of them, I would like to thank you for this status update

Last edited by Storymaster69 (2010-06-13 21:25:52)

Sex isn't the answer.
Sex is the question.
Yes is the answer.

#6 2010-06-13 22:15:03

LAoW
Completely Blotto

Start the new one we're talking about!!! Seriously!!! *walks away, whistling*

I don't have to worry about revenge because Karma is a bigger bitch than I will ever have to be.

#7 2010-06-14 01:38:54

Black Rose
Evil Bar Wench

Congratulations on a finished tome, Eric!  *applauds vigorously*

Black Rose

"Being a writer is a very peculiar sort of a job: it's always you versus a blank sheet of paper (or a blank screen) and quite often the blank piece of paper wins." – Neil Gaiman

#8 2010-08-12 01:11:55

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Okay, so the muses apparently felt I was being a bit too cocky, and decided to walk away for a couple months.

Still, I am writing again, at least for the moment.  I have finished chapter 5 of A Mother's Slavery, and have already started Chapter 6.  I'm hoping that this story will get finished up this year.

Chapter 5 of Maiasaurs is still being elusive, so I don't know when that will get done.

And if I can't hold off her pestering, I may, in fact, be starting a new series in the next few months.  I'm trying not to, but LAoW can be very persistent when she wants to be.  3droll

Just keeping you in the loop...
Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#9 2010-09-06 09:53:59

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

As I'm sure some of you (at least a few) have noticed, I've gotten quite a bit of A Mother's Slavery finished.  I anticipate finishing this book up this month.  I only have two more chapters to go, and that's only 10-12k words, which shouldn't be too tough for me.

After AMS is finished, I will try to write either a CSR chapter, or a J7 chapter.  I'm not sure which, as my brain is pretty well focused on AMS right now.

I did finish up a chapter-concept outline for the remainder of Justice Seven, which looks - FOR THE MOMENT - like it will have 22 chapters.  That could change if the characters act weird on me, though.

I have made no progress with Maiasaurs.  Chapter 5 is remaining stubbornly evasive.  I will eventually get to it, but I can't make any promises about timeframe.

Having run out of projects that can be finished up in the near-term, it will be harder for me to avoid starting the story LAoW wants me to work on.  I've spent a fair amount of effort thinking up the concepts for it, so it will be hard for me to not write it.  We'll see what happens.

Anyway, just wanted to give you all a heads-up.  I return you now to your regularly scheduled... wait, nothing on this site is regularly scheduled.  If you're looking for regularly scheduled, go visit the Wall Street Journal!  3dwink

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#10 2010-09-06 20:57:49

LAoW
Completely Blotto

YAY! The story is gonna be AWESOME.

I don't have to worry about revenge because Karma is a bigger bitch than I will ever have to be.

#11 2010-09-07 12:28:26

lordalpha
Wasted

AWE!! Eric, you posted AMS ch6 to the PRM for my birthday. D'awwww! How sweet! 3dtongue

Last edited by lordalpha (2010-09-07 12:28:43)

#12 2010-09-07 18:26:26

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

And a belated happy birthday to you.  May your new year be better than your last, no matter how good your last might have been.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#13 2010-09-13 23:14:53

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Just an update...

I have completed A Mother's Slavery.  It has ten chapters.  I will get the remaining chapters edited and into PRM as time permits.

I have outlined, in vague terms, the next couple chapters of Where the Maiasaurs Roam.  I may write WMR-5 as my next writing project.

That's all.  I know, not a long update, but that's what happens when you make them more frequently.  3dbig_smile

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#14 2010-09-29 10:10:36

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Just for those who might be interested, I've just finished writing Maiasaurs chapter 5.  It has to be edited before being posted, but look for it in PRM sometime in the next week.

Onward and upward...
Eric

----
Facebook page

#15 2010-12-05 20:49:57

ChiefRock
Wasted

Enjoy your stuff I know im new here if I can help let me know

My worst day at sea is better than my best day ashore
I found a home in the navy-but they land airplanes on my roof

#16 2010-12-05 22:58:11

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Rule number three:  In here, Eric Storm is The Chief. 

3dbig_smile

The only help we need at the moment is monetary.  If you can help out with THAT, feel free to do so. 

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#17 2011-01-07 05:44:02

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Okay, so I left something out of the state of the site address.

Last year, I broke a personal milestone of having written two million words in my writing career.  Yay, me.

For those who might be interested, here is what I'm working on at the moment:

Woodward Academy, ch. 4  (Yeah, I know.  Chapters 2 & 3 are simply waiting to be posted.)
Justice Seven, ch. 14  (about halfway done with this, I think... it's going to be a short one, I'm afraid.  At least for J7...)
Tempest of the Flames, Vol. 2: Maelstrom (This is finished, and waiting for reviewer responses)

Things I expect to achieve this year:
Finish Woodward Academy.  (It would be a first for me to finish a novel in a single year.)
Write several more chapters of Justice Seven (probably won't get it finished, but I want to get close.)
Write several more chapters of CAMP: Sibling Rivalry
Write a couple more chapters of Where the Maiasaurs Roam

There will also be other things written.   I HOPE.

Wish me luck,
Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#18 2011-01-21 02:57:50

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Don't everyone comment at once or anything...  3dsmile

Just to let you know: 

Justice Seven, chapter 14, is finished.  It has to be proofed, and then will go to PRM, probably in a few days or so.
Woodward Academy, chapter 4, is finished.  It will be posted to PRM on April 1st.  (No, that is not a joke.)

What's next:
J7-15, WA1-5 (WA1 = Woodward Academy, Year 1), and CSR-8.

Timelines on these next releases are not available... well, except WA1-5, which I will make every effort to make sure is posted on May 1st.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#19 2011-01-21 04:23:35

Jefferson
Completely Blotto

Show off! 3dtongue

#20 2011-01-21 05:48:42

lordalpha
Wasted

WOODWARD!!! WOOHOO!!!

Yes, I am in love with it, now hush!

#21 2011-01-21 09:16:24

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

My response to you, Jefferson, will be found when you read WA1 ch. 4.

Just remember:  You earned it.  3dtongue

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#22 2011-01-21 17:54:18

lordalpha
Wasted

Eric, are you being mean again? Going to kill of a character named for Jeff in the same chapter you introduce him? Mean Eric!!

#23 2011-01-21 21:22:41

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Oh, much more evil than that.  You'll see.....

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Eric

----
Facebook page

#24 2011-02-03 00:37:09

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Just a quick update on what I'm working on:

The Woodward Academy, Year 1, Chapter 5 is underway.
Justice Seven, Chapter 15 is also underway.
In-patient Therapy, a short story I've been working on forever, is on its way toward completion.

When In-patient Therapy is finished, I will get started on CAMP: Sibling Rivalry, Chapter 8.

Just wanted to keep everyone up-to-date.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#25 2011-02-03 00:54:51

Jefferson
Completely Blotto

Thank you for the up-to-date and nice new avatar. 3dsmile

Board footer