The Pub Discussion Board

Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-07-29 06:34:09

Neitherspace
Completely Blotto

Birthers are morons

Birthers is the name given to the ppl who say Obama's  presidency is invalid because he wasn't born in the US

but wait it gets stupider

one lawyer who has appeared on numerous t.v. shows ((her name escapes me atm sorry))(Russian born i might add) claims that

1 Since Obama's father was never an American citizen that Obama Isn't a native born American

and

2. that the SSI # posted as belonging to Obama makes him 119 years old

Here's the things though

1 it has NEVER been a requirement of the Presidency that your parents be American citizens in fact there are Only 2 requirements be 35 and be born on US soil

and

2 Social security numbers have only existed since the new deal 1936 meaning her math is off by 73 years additionally SSI#'s have ONLY been mandatory since 1986 and SINCE he did live out of the country during his childhood its likely he didn't have one till his late teens or early 20's (assuming it was required for collage)

"I figure that if you can't write decent dialogue for the devil, maybe you shouldn't be a writer."-Richard Kadrey

#2 2009-07-29 15:07:44

halmir
Inebriated

Re: Birthers are morons

Neitherspace wrote:

Birthers is the name given to the ppl who say Obama's  presidency is invalid because he wasn't born in the US

but wait it gets stupider

one lawyer who has appeared on numerous t.v. shows ((her name escapes me atm sorry))(Russian born i might add) claims that

1 Since Obama's father was never an American citizen that Obama Isn't a native born American

and

2. that the SSI # posted as belonging to Obama makes him 119 years old

Here's the things though

1 it has NEVER been a requirement of the Presidency that your parents be American citizens in fact there are Only 2 requirements be 35 and be born on US soil

and

2 Social security numbers have only existed since the new deal 1936 meaning her math is off by 73 years additionally SSI#'s have ONLY been mandatory since 1986 and SINCE he did live out of the country during his childhood its likely he didn't have one till his late teens or early 20's (assuming it was required for collage)

Actually, the President has to be a NATURAL-BORN Citizen of the United States, which is clarified (somewhat) under Title 8 of the US Code.  And, there are several ways to become a Natural-born Citizen listed under that portion of the US Code.  However, three sections of that code actually apply to the debate about the circumstances of President Obama's birth.  Sadly, two of them actually apply to his mother and how long she was residing in the USA at the time of his birth; and both of which she did not meet the requirements of.  That narrows down his birth as to whether he was born in the USA or not.  There are enough rumors out there to make the water very muddy.

FactCheck. org has pictures of Obama's birth certificate and is the ONLY place that I have seen that has a picture of the Hawaii registrar's signature.  Which I take as sworn testimony and is punishable in a court of law.  Now, being a BIRTHER, I still want to see the long-form birth certificate to clarify which Honolulu hospital he was born in and whom the attending doctor was.  However, that will never happen due to Hawaii's laws regarding birth certificates.

Frankly, I do not give credence to the Social Security argument since Social Security is not supposed to be used for identification purposes, yet is always asked for as such.
Here is the link I used for posting the appropriate section of Title 8 of the US Code:
http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/8/1401.html

Life: An endless journey that only changes to a different journey upon death.

Look out! There is a Klingon on your tail!

#3 2009-07-29 18:54:11

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Unrelated to this particular discussion, but a clarification on the "Social Security as Identification".  Most places do not ask for it as identification, meaning that you are using it to PROVE who you are.  They are using it as an "index number"; that is, a way to file you in their system.  There's a difference.

On the other hand, some government agencies do actually require you to present your SocSec card as proof you are who you say you are.  THAT is a violation.

Eric

PS:  Is Obama a legitimate president?  Don't know, don't care.  Is he an ineffective idiot?  Yep.

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#4 2009-07-30 01:05:00

Jefferson
Completely Blotto

I used to wonder about this "birther" idea. Was he an American citizen? Was he born in the US? I've pretty well forgotten about it now.

There are now enough "commentators" and "journalists," who don't like or agree with Obama and his policies who say the Birth Certificate from Hawaii is legit. These are people who have the time, abilities, resources and desire to research these things. It's kind of their job. If people like Hannity, O'Rielly, Limbaugh and others, all of whom wildly disagree with Obama on policy, all say this is a wild goose chase, I personally, am going to believe them. There are PLENTY of other legitimate things about Obama and his policies to whine, bitch, complain and, possibly, eventually, impeach him over.

#5 2009-07-31 04:30:41

Nadez
Wasted
Website

I dont really care wether he was born on US soil or not I just dont like him 3dtongue

#6 2009-08-01 04:36:49

WarLord
Wasted
Website

Greeting

I went to get a passport, took along my birth certificate that I'd been using to cross back and forth between MN and Canada my whole life, imagine my surprise when I found out it wasn't a real legal birth certiifcate but merely a hospital form...

They issued me a certified birth ceritificate for $20 that went along with the passport app but I can't help wondering does this mean that I'm not American?  Mostly though I'm guessing another scam to get $20 for a form they printed just that minute...

Though its not all bad, I understand that polygamy is legal in Kenya 3dwink

"A scrupulous writer, in every sentence that he writes, will ask himself at least four questions, thus: 1. What am I trying to say? 2. What words will express it? 3. What image or idiom will make it clearer? 4. Is this image fresh enough to have an effect?" - George Orwell, Politics and the English Language, 1946

#7 2009-08-01 18:52:33

LAoW
Completely Blotto

WarLord wrote:

Though its not all bad, I understand that polygamy is legal in Kenya 3dwink

Wanna move to Kenya with me? lol  3dwink

I don't have to worry about revenge because Karma is a bigger bitch than I will ever have to be.

Board footer