The Pub Discussion Board

Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-04-08 20:45:12

Gethan
Tipsy

Main.php won't load

The main.php page will not completely load.  I am using IE 6.  The bar at the bottom of the browser moves about half way, then stops.  The page is then locked.  Can someone help me?    Thanks

#2 2009-04-08 21:25:09

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Re: Main.php won't load

What content is missing from the page?  (Or have you not been here before to be able to answer that question?)

Eric

PS:  You COULD just use a REAL browser, like Firefox...  3dsmile  Also, I know this site worked fine with IE6 at one point, but IE7 is now the de facto standard, with IE8 soon to replace it.  I no longer have access to IE6 to test functionality.  I know the site works with IE7.  My suggestion is to upgrade to IE7 or (preferably) FF3, even if I *can* fix whatever is causing the site to hang for you.

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#3 2009-04-08 21:29:04

Gethan
Tipsy

There appears to be a window at the left side of the page which is blank.  But OK i will upgrade to a more current IE. Unless u want to experiment on me.  Thanks

#4 2009-04-09 00:36:47

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

I wouldn't know where to begin, really.  Like I said, it used to work just fine with IE6.  Upgrading would be your best bet.  C'mon, you know IE6 isn't nearly bloated enough for you!  Upgrade!  3dsmile

Eric

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#5 2009-04-09 02:38:11

Gethan
Tipsy

OK  I am up on IE 8 now.  It works.  Thanks Eric.  I have enjoyed your stories for years.  I particularly like Camp and Program Alpha-Omega.  Keep up the good work.  Thanks again for the help.

#6 2009-04-09 03:04:57

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Glad you got it working.  *makes note to change the site to break it again... LOL j/k*

Thanks for the feedback.
Eric

----
Facebook page

Board footer