The Pub Discussion Board

Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#1 2008-08-22 00:44:39

CSquared
Wasted

So, I'm back...

I finally got Interwebs back.  I lost it around about when the recipes beta started, and have been without it since.

I mean, I've been able to access it - my email would be impenetrable otherwise - but I've had to limit its use to the absolute essentials, they being email and a couple of other, quick things.

Did y'all miss me?  I presume the recipes beta is over after all this time, so I apologise for missing that, Eric.

Now then.  For one of my stories, I need to develop a large collection of different types of spacecraft.  I've written down the basic parameters for each class, but I'm terrible at thinking of names and so forth.  Anyone fancy helping out?  Images are appreciated, but not essential.  The ships would also be broadly split into two camps - one a Western US-based society, one the rest of the world.

A'how, I should become somewhat more active on here once more now I've got it all back.  Although I'm moving out soon, so unless I get my laptop back up and running I'm stuck for a few weeks again. XD

CSquared

#2 2008-08-22 09:13:31

NahtanoJ88
Inebriated

Re: So, I'm back...

Its good to see you back. You'll have to stop in on the chatroom sometime.

I wouldn't mind helping you out with the spaceships. I am unsure about what all exactly you need to figure out for them though.

#3 2008-08-22 17:10:29

CSquared
Wasted

I'm generally not available when there'd be people in the chatroom, unfortunately.

All I really need is names for classes (for example, the Steadfast class heavy cruiser) and maybe a quick description of the ship itself and its basic abilities.  All are powered by a gravitational warp engine capable of accelerating them up to within a few percent of the speed of light, so there's not much you can't do. XD

Shall I email you through the information I have?

CSquared

#4 2008-08-22 18:05:16

NahtanoJ88
Inebriated

Yea I'll send you my e-mail you since my e-mail is protected here on the forum plus I don't believe you can send attachments from the forum if you would need to do that.

#5 2008-08-26 05:58:26

Neitherspace
Completely Blotto

CSquared wrote:

Now then.  For one of my stories, I need to develop a large collection of different types of spacecraft.  I've written down the basic parameters for each class, but I'm terrible at thinking of names and so forth.  Anyone fancy helping out?  Images are appreciated, but not essential.  The ships would also be broadly split into two camps - one a Western US-based society, one the rest of the world.
XD

CSquared

i'm game to help (general shapes always help w this kind of thing)

I have the opposite problem w the steampunkish story i'm working on cept for the main ship

"I figure that if you can't write decent dialogue for the devil, maybe you shouldn't be a writer."-Richard Kadrey

Board footer