#1 2008-04-09 20:51:03

Neitherspace
Completely Blotto

Uwe Boll Will Quit Making Movies with One Million Signature

Uwe Boll Will Quit Making Movies with One Million Signature
Body:     taken from /film

Posted on Sunday, April 6th, 2008 at 11:29 am by: Peter Sciretta

Uwe Boll

Ladies and Gentleman, we finally have a chance to rid the cinematic world of a cancer. Uwe Boll, the German director behind such horrid video game adaptations as House of the Dead, BloodRayne, Dungeon Siege and Postal, has recently admitted that he would retire from making movies if enough people want him to stop. When FearNet mentioned to Boll a petition online signed by 18,000 people requesting that he cease making films, Boll responded that “18,000 is not enough to convince me.

” So how much would be enough?

“One million,” Boll said. “Now we have a new goal.

Indeed, now we have a goal. All we need is 980,000 more signatures on this petition and we can rid the world of future Boll-directed/produced cinematic atrocities. as my friend Scott Weinberg on Cinematical points out, Tunnel Rats, Far Cry, Zombie Massacre and BloodRayne 3 are already in production. So we might not be able to stop those productions. Be we just might have the ability to prevent a BloodRayne 4 or House of the Dead 3.

So sign now!

Sign the Stop Uwe Boll Petition Now
http://www. petitiononline. com/RRH53888/petition. html

as of me posting this they have over 14,000 sigs  i think its like 14,478 but im not 100%

"I figure that if you can't write decent dialogue for the devil, maybe you shouldn't be a writer."-Richard Kadrey

#2 2008-04-10 03:58:37

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Re: Uwe Boll Will Quit Making Movies with One Million Signature

Or you could just.... not watch his movies?  This would probably stop him rather much faster... and would certainly stop his torturing of YOU much faster...

Eric

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#3 2008-04-10 06:35:41

Neitherspace
Completely Blotto

well I'm doing both i figure if one doesn't work the other will

"I figure that if you can't write decent dialogue for the devil, maybe you shouldn't be a writer."-Richard Kadrey

#4 2008-04-25 19:46:35

Neitherspace
Completely Blotto

*update* Blizzard in so many words told him to go fuck himself when he tried to acquire the movie rights to WoW

also 224,557 Total Signatures

#5 2008-05-02 05:35:37

WarLord
Wasted
Website

Greetings

Not sure if this is part deux: 

Uwe Boll Sues Billy Zane

"Director Uwe Boll has sued actor Billy Zane in Los Angeles Superior Court, claiming he's owed at least $700,000 in revenues from the 2006 boxoffice flop "Bloodrayne." .....{snippage}

Lets see, it cost $25 Mil and grossed FOUR...worldwide!  Yeah I'd be looking to sue. 3dwink

Enjoy the journey

Warlord

"A scrupulous writer, in every sentence that he writes, will ask himself at least four questions, thus: 1. What am I trying to say? 2. What words will express it? 3. What image or idiom will make it clearer? 4. Is this image fresh enough to have an effect?" - George Orwell, Politics and the English Language, 1946

#6 2008-05-02 06:29:26

Neitherspace
Completely Blotto

i don't have a ink but it sounds like Michel bay wants to kick his ass too

• Index
  •  » General Chat
  •  » Uwe Boll Will Quit Making Movies with One Million Signature

Board footer