The Pub Discussion Board

Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#1 2008-02-28 01:27:07

maxrkewl
Tipsy

Tried download of TXT files error message received

After making my donation in order to have the files available as text, I then tried to download Camp Ron's Journey from Chapter 1 through the Epilogue.
(Using Firefox on the Mac) I select the story, the chapters, the file type, and when I click the download link, I receive this message on a new window.

Begin message:
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, support@supportwebsite.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

End message.

Would it be possible to (a) just email the zipped story, or (b) tell me what steps I need to follow to get the full story.
Thanks

#2 2008-02-28 07:24:19

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Re: Tried download of TXT files error message received

Though this is the first time I've been informed of this problem, it would appear that the TXT download problem is reproducible.

This utility contained an error, which has been fixed... BUT....

It STILL doesn't work on this server.  It does, however, work on my home testbed computer, so I know it's not my programming, it's their server.

Unfortunately, the script actually creates the TXT file on the fly; I don't have one stored anywhere.  Why do you want text, anyway?  3dsmile

Seriously, contact me by email, and I'll see if I can get a copy of the TXT version to you.

Eric

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

Board footer