The Pub Discussion Board

Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#1 2008-01-13 08:58:43

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Sorry for the delay...

I'd like to apologize that the things I mentioned in my New Year's letter, aren't showing signs of being done yet.  For the last week, I've been feeling quite ill with one thing or another, and it has made it quite hard to get any work done.

Also, my paternal grandfather passed away this week.

Anyway, I will be getting to work on those things just as soon as I can.  Thank you for your patience.

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#2 2008-01-13 15:23:48

CSquared
Wasted

Re: Sorry for the delay...

I'm sorry to hear about your Grandad, Eric.  I think I speak for the vast majority of your site's patrons when I say to take your time.

CSquared

#3 2008-01-14 01:04:48

monbade
Inebriated

Hey eric, you come first, get well soon. I am also sorry about your grandfather

mon

#4 2008-02-03 05:24:15

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

I just wanted to update this thread, and apologize once again for the delays.

Right now, LAoW and I are trying to find a new place to live.  The place we're in is horrible, and the management company that runs it is the worst I have ever dealt with.  Unfortunately, finding a place to rent that is 1) in our price range, 2) in a safe neighborhood, and 3) allows pets is proving difficult, and getting credit to purchase a house is apparently out of the question for us.  Needless to say, this is stressing me out no end, as we have to make a decision soon.  Our lease here ends at the end of the month, and we're supposed to sign the lease extension (if we're staying) within the next couple weeks.

Further, LAoW is suffering an as-yet-undiagnosed problem with her foot, which is adding to our medical bills.  I have been under the weather (not actually sick, but certainly not feeling well) for weeks now, and I walked out of my last doctor's visit after waiting for nearly an hour and a half to be seen (never did see the doctor, the motherfucking sonofabitch...)

Anyway, the short version of this rather wordy explanation is, I'm so freakin' stressed about things right now, I'm not really getting much of anything productive done.  I just can't focus.  I've managed a little writing, but nothing significant.

I promise that I *will* get on this stuff as soon as I can... unless the stress gives me an aneurysm, in which case... well, I won't.

Please be patient with me.  I am trying... I'm just not succeeding.

Thanks for your time,
Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#5 2008-02-03 12:02:54

triton
Inebriated

Please don't stress out for my sake.  Taking care of RL is more important.  I know I can be patient and wait for as long as I have to for the kewl stuff.  I'm pretty sure lots of others feel the same way.  Feel better and take care of the life stuff first. 

Hope that you and LAoW feel better soon and find a great place to live

Triton

#6 2008-02-14 06:51:22

siath
Wasted

I back some what Eric, email me if you need anything; or PM me here.

Siath

Board footer