You are not logged in.

#1 2007-11-01 10:56:24

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Items Currently in Pre-Release

Items currently available in Pre-Release:

* Justice Seven, Episode 11: The Mamas & The Papas
* Warmth of a Touch, chapters 1-15 (complete novel)

More to come soon...

----------

Q. What is Pre-Release Material (PRM)?
A. Pre-Release Material is story material written by me (Net Wolf) that has been finished, but is not currently available to the general public.  These materials are available to a subset of site members.

Q. How do I get to see the Pre-Release Material?
A. Donate to the site (there is a minimum before you get PRM privileges), participate in a meaningful way on the site, or find some other way to get on my good side.

Q. What is the donation minimum?
A. The same donation that gets rid of the ads on the site will get you PRM privileges.  That is, $15 per year.

Q. I thought you said this would never be a pay site.  What happened?
A. This site never will be a pay site.  All materials currently in Pre-Release will be released to the general public.  Eventually.  The timetable for that to happen is not up for public discussion.

Q. Why are you doing this?
A. To reward the people who have done something to actually support me and the site.  For several months, I have literally begged for both feedback and monetary support, with little more to show for it than what was absolutely necessary to keep the site running.  I feel that those who stepped up and helped out deserve something extra from the site... and it is hoped that others may be encouraged to help out if they see there is a reward involved.

Q. Is this the first step to The Pub becoming a pay site?
A. No. I stand by my promise to keep The Pub a non-pay site.  As I said, all PRM (Pre-Release Material) will eventually end up on the free section of the site for all to read.  The time that takes is not something to be discussed, but it could very well be months from the time of completion of a chapter / story to the time the material becomes public.  If you really want to read the material as soon as it's ready, do something to get PRM privileges.

Q. Is there any other benefit to PRM privileges, other than reading the story early?
A. Depends on how you look at it.  Once I post a story or chapter on the public site, I consider it "finished", and I will not make changes to it other than fixing typos or grammar problems that I missed in the final proof.  Items in PRM are still malleable.  Your input could shift the nature of a story.  If that is appealing to you, then it is an added benefit of PRM.

Q. How would I access PRM?
A. Eligible site members will see an additional menu item to access the PRM section.  Please note that the PRM section is just a single page, and there is no "navigation", as such.  Just links to the available material, in reverse-chronological order based on the time I put the stuff up there.  (In other words, the newest stuff will be at the top of the page.)

Q. Is anyone else's material in the PRM section?
A. No.  It would be unfair for me to take money for other people's work.

Q. Don't you think this is going to piss people off?
A. Probably, but I no longer give a damn what pisses people off.  No one seems to give a damn what pisses ME off, so I figure the feelings should be mutual. 3dsmile

Seriously, though, I put an awful lot of work into this site, and into my writing, and for the last ten years, I have given it freely.  Some of my readers have graciously and kindly donated money during times of "special need", and I AM grateful to them.  But what needs to be understood is that I am always in "special need" anymore.  I have almost as much debt as a whole year of my income.  We (LAoW and I) are barely scraping by... usually with help from her family (which is a VERY limited resource).  That debt grows monthly, due entirely to medical bills.  Now, there are almost 1700 members on this site.  If even half of you donated the $15 / year (and c'mon, you haven't got $1.25 every month you can set aside???), it would more than double my income.  Maybe it's selfish, but I think the amount of work that I put into supporting the online erotica community, and the amount of time I've put into providing quality stories, deserves a little compensation.  If you don't agree, then don't feel obligated to do anything to support me or the site.  But if you think the site's worthwhile, a little assistance would be immensely appreciated.

Net Wolf

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#2 2007-11-01 19:01:03

CSquared
Wasted

Re: Items Currently in Pre-Release

Net Wolf wrote:

If even half of you donated the $15 / year (and c'mon, you haven't got $1.25 every month you can set aside???)

Well, you've got one more - starting from next month.  I finally have a job, so methinks I can afford £0.63 a month. ^_^

CSquared

#3 2007-11-01 22:56:51

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

I appreciate that.

Net Wolf

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#4 2007-11-02 01:05:51

Corvis
Inebriated

I hope that this new policy will bring in the help that you need.

#5 2007-11-03 01:15:39

NahtanoJ88
Inebriated

*Agrees with CSquared * I got a job too a couple months ago and now that I have steady money coming I believe I can afford to help support a place that I enjoy spending time at.

As for the PRM people always want motivation or an immediate return when they spend money I think that the PRM is that. Especially when you are able to help influence a story that is in progress which is what keep me attracted to the other site and now here.

Last edited by NahtanoJ88 (2007-11-03 01:17:02)

#6 2007-11-30 19:14:28

monbade
Inebriated

I agree Net, and as soon as i get some bills paid off. I will donate like i do to siath and SW when i can

mon

#7 2007-12-01 03:56:38

flar66
Inebriated

I don't see any problem with folks, who come often and enjoy the fruits of your labor, helping out a bit monetarily. I know I can afford $15 every few months and it is well worth it.  And I don't see how anyone can be upset that you are giving a few perks to those who wish to contribute.

" There is no substitute for good manners--Except fast reflexes"

#8 2007-12-01 07:38:17

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

I appreciate the support, everyone.  November met the donation goal, and looking back, I have no clue how we would have managed the month without the help.  Thank you.

Net Wolf

----
Facebook page

#9 2007-12-11 11:55:19

advancewar
Wasted

hey net (besides money, thast what the donation box is for ) what would you like for cristmas

life=books

#10 2007-12-11 18:56:39

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Money...  3dbig_smile  Oh, you said BESIDES that.  hehehe

Uh...  (Thinks to himself, "I'm supposed to say "World Peace" here, but I don't believe in World Peace... but isn't everyone supposed to ask for World Peace?  Eh, fuck it.)

A harem.  3dbig_smile   But don't tell LAoW I said that!  3dbig_smile

Seriously, I have a long and involved Christmas List for those locally who are buying me gifts, but it would be just so much easier for anyone beyond the Clarksville area to just send money.  No shipping costs, and no overlapping gifts.  3dsmile

Unless someone wants to buy us, oh, say, a new car, or a house...  3dwink

Net Wolf

----
Facebook page

#11 2007-12-18 00:10:35

advancewar
Wasted

lol ok fine but id rather send ya a gift but if you insist ill just make a donation less yuo would pref it mailed to ya? 3dsmile

life=books

#12 2007-12-18 08:42:26

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Well, you can send me that harem...  3dsmile

Or the car... 3dbig_smile

Or the... oh, you get the point.  hehehe.

Like I said, since I have no idea what the locals are getting me, I wouldn't want to duplicate.  Donations can duplicate all they want.  3dbig_smile

Net Wolf

----
Facebook page

Board footer