The Pub Discussion Board

Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#1 2007-09-17 15:09:28

Neitherspace
Completely Blotto

The wheel of time turns no more

Robert Jordan has died
http://www.dragonmount.com/RobertJordan/ (its not working as of when i posted this but theres aparently an anoucment about it)

this is such a bummer esp cause he only had 1 more bok to finish the wheel of time series (according to what i heard there was only supposed to be 12-13 books)

"The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend.  Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.  In one Age, called the Third Age by some, an Age yet to come, an Age long past, a wind rose....  The wind was not the beginning.  There are neither beginnings nor endings to the turning of the Wheel of time.
But it was a beginning."

*edit Wikipedia confirms it, he died last night of complications however apparently his family were given the proposed conclusions to the plot threads so theres a chance that "A Memory of Light" will be finished he worked n it right up to his death.

damn this sucks i've been reading this series since 92 and for him to die before it could be finished.... it be like tolken only getting to write up to the 2 towers

Last edited by Neitherspace (2007-09-17 15:35:52)

"I figure that if you can't write decent dialogue for the devil, maybe you shouldn't be a writer."-Richard Kadrey

#2 2007-09-17 20:36:57

SlaveMaster
Wasted

Re: The wheel of time turns no more

Wow that really sucks. Even though his family knows the plot it won't be the same as if he did it I suspect

Welcome to The Mystic Wolf Pub

#3 2007-09-18 00:32:26

Storymaster69
Completely Blotto

Are you sure he didn't finish it?  I heard book 12 which is due out in January and finished by him was the last.  I also heard from the same source that he had a couple other stories in the can with specific instructions on when they are to be released.

I know this was not unexpected as he has been sick for a few years now.

Sex isn't the answer.
Sex is the question.
Yes is the answer.

#4 2007-09-18 01:54:16

Neitherspace
Completely Blotto

well the info i have was from his wiki page (which is up to date) it said he was working on it right up till his death

he was also plaining to write filler books to tell the storys of charicters when they were "off camera" and origin stores of characters pre eye of the world

"I figure that if you can't write decent dialogue for the devil, maybe you shouldn't be a writer."-Richard Kadrey

#5 2007-09-19 01:05:20

Neitherspace
Completely Blotto

Rk millholland can be a bit of a dick but this is funny
http://www.somethingpositive.net/arch/sp09172007.gif

Last edited by Neitherspace (2007-09-19 02:59:10)

#6 2007-12-11 08:26:43

Neitherspace
Completely Blotto

NEWS: AN Author has been picked to finish book 12:

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.ph … amp;type=0

hes not one i'm familiar with anyone read his stuff before

#7 2007-12-11 08:32:46

WarLord
Wasted
Website

Neitherspace wrote:

NEWS: AN Author has been picked to finish book 12:

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.ph … amp;type=0

hes not one i'm familiar with anyone read his stuff before

Greetings

I don't think I've read his stories but here is his wiki entry with a list of his books:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brandon_Sanderson

Enjoy the journey

Warlord

"A scrupulous writer, in every sentence that he writes, will ask himself at least four questions, thus: 1. What am I trying to say? 2. What words will express it? 3. What image or idiom will make it clearer? 4. Is this image fresh enough to have an effect?" - George Orwell, Politics and the English Language, 1946

#8 2007-12-11 11:37:18

advancewar
Wasted

i have never heard of this author so if im insultin anyone im sorry. was he an author online and what type of books did he wright. if netherspace had been reading it for years id say there prob pretty good so  just wondering if there in reg book stores or online. thank you

life=books

#9 2007-12-11 16:12:12

WarLord
Wasted
Website

advancewar wrote:

i have never heard of this author so if im insultin anyone im sorry. was he an author online and what type of books did he wright. if netherspace had been reading it for years id say there prob pretty good so  just wondering if there in reg book stores or online. thank you

Greetings

Wiki is your friend:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_jordan

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wheel_of_Time

In addition there seem to be wiki articles about the various books that make up the series plus a listing of websites relating to Jordan and WoT

Not sure if there is an online set of even" teaser" chapters but I'd try Amazon just for a look or maybe one of the big comfy chairs at B & N 3dwink

Enjoy the journey

WarLord

"A scrupulous writer, in every sentence that he writes, will ask himself at least four questions, thus: 1. What am I trying to say? 2. What words will express it? 3. What image or idiom will make it clearer? 4. Is this image fresh enough to have an effect?" - George Orwell, Politics and the English Language, 1946

#10 2007-12-12 01:21:54

Neitherspace
Completely Blotto

wheel of time is a fantasy reworking of a combination of the Arthurian legends and the story of Jesus (if you've read the books think about his appearance now and how he got Callindor)

there is some embellishments from pagan dogma and his own imagination (he also wrote the most recent Cohan series)

Board footer