The Pub Discussion Board

Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#26 2006-12-09 17:01:33

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Re: Welcome to The Pub!

If you're not seeing a problem with the site using IE7, you'd be the only one I've heard of.  For the record (and I'm posting it here again just so everyone understands), the site *works* with IE7, it's just ugly.  From my experience, the right-side information always appears below the left-side menu, leaving a huge blank space on the page, forcing users to scroll down to find the content, and some never do scroll down, so they think the page is blank.

Eventually, we'll fix it.  Or Microsoft will fix it (Yeah, right), and it'll work.

Net Wolf

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#27 2006-12-10 17:17:02

Mystic77
Tipsy

Overall i realy like your site.  I like the search engine.  Much better that EWP.  The one thing i thought to mention was where u read the stories.  The Feedback Form was a great idea, but where it is placed on the page make the reading area smaller and a bit more difficult to read.  I think i breaks up the page.  My suggestion is to move the Feedback Form to the top of the page under the few adds and remove the adds from the bottem of the page.  That would give the reading area more room and make the page more comfortable on the eye. 
  I know your site is still under construction and i think your doing a great job.  Thanks

-Mystic

#28 2006-12-10 18:22:11

dv8n
Wasted

I guess I slipped in here and looked around without actually saying hello...

HELLO 3dsmile         sorry for the rudeness it was unitended just had my head in the clouds

nice place, friendly people.....overall very interesting place you got here... thanx for the hospitality

:lol:

#29 2006-12-10 21:47:38

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Mystic77:

... I'm not sure I "get" you.  The DIV that the story is displayed in is defined as being 500px high, which is very close to the maximum height of a browser window at 1024x768 resolution.  Hence, if you have the entire thing on your screen, it will almost cover the browser window from top to bottom... How much bigger can you really get the story viewing area?

The feedback form is not "interfering" with the story display.  If I made the story div area bigger, it would simply push the feedback form further down.  However, it makes little sense to make the story div any larger, since it already virtually fills the average browser area...

The story *must be* inside a scrolling DIV for functionality.  But I have made that DIV as big as makes any sense.  Scroll the entire page so that the story DIV fills the window, then scroll the story DIV to read the story. Done in this fashion, you never even see the feedback form as you read, or the ads, which I wonder if they aren't your real complaint, given that you wanted me to remove an entire set of them.

It should also be pointed out that the contributor sections you see now are temporary, until the contributors and I can design more unique looks for them.  However, the story div isn't likely to get much larger in any other design.  Unless you're using a screen resolution above 1024 x 768, it *can't* really get much bigger.

Net Wolf

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#30 2006-12-10 23:35:53

Mystic77
Tipsy

I have my window set at 1600 x 1200, so I guess I'm a bit spoiled in that maner. 3dsmile  At that setting, the story fills the top 50% and the Feedback Form and 2nd set of ads fills the bottem.  When i origanly wrote my earlyer post, i hadn't thought of there being two differant adds on the page, just a repeat of the top one.  Sorry about that. 

My next question - Is the site going to support reading on PDA's.  On your old site, small bars would appere between the frames on my pda, but they wouldn't appere if i opened it on my desktop.  On my pda i could move those frames so that only the story frame was visible.  At the molment i cant really navigate this site from the pda.  I know i can download the stories to my desktop then transfer them to my pda, but i tend to travel alot and my pda is the only internet connection i have at times. 

These are just sugestions.  I know you probitably have you hands full building the site and its all done with your free time.  thanks

Mystic

#31 2006-12-11 02:47:58

Black Rose
Evil Bar Wench

This is sort of a different thing but... I wish there was more "white space" I guess it is, between the words in a story and the rest of the page encapsulating it.  It bothers me when the words are crowded so close to the borders.  I'm not sure how you'd fix that though.  Maybe it's impossible.  I don't care if the scroll bar for the story ends up longer, I just want more space around the edges... I might even be willing to try to edit my html files if someone will just tell me what needs doing.  Thoughts?

Black Rose

"Being a writer is a very peculiar sort of a job: it's always you versus a blank sheet of paper (or a blank screen) and quite often the blank piece of paper wins." – Neil Gaiman

#32 2006-12-11 04:17:56

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

How much space do you want?  I can add empty "padding" space within the story div, but I need to know how much.  If you'll look at the stories in my section, there is a 5-pixel padding in the story div (because I had this problem, but no one else had mentioned it annoying them, so I hadn't changed everyone else's.)  Is this enough space for you, or do you need 10 pixels?  I wouldn't want to go beyond 10, because you start just wasting space...

Net Wolf

----
Facebook page

#33 2006-12-12 07:00:49

dv8n
Wasted

I have a question why does my computer keep telling me I'm inebriated???   ...how do I get to plastered? ....drooling stupy drunk? .......unconscious and robbed after being left by the dumpster?  3dsmile

just friendly curiousity

#34 2006-12-12 23:41:04

nightsecho
Wasted

that is in relation to your post count the ore you post the drunker you will get

if its set up like Net Wolf had ewp its something like

0-30 was tipsy
30-100 was inebriated
100-200 will be?

there might be more i dont know but thats the jist

looking at you with wide eyes from the darkness

#35 2006-12-13 00:53:54

dv8n
Wasted

ahhhhh ok I get it...

thank you

#36 2006-12-14 02:13:51

SlaveMaster
Wasted

the point of the number post system its just for fun not a rank or anything and you shouldent post constantly just to bring it up.

Welcome to The Mystic Wolf Pub

#37 2006-12-14 03:44:17

Centaur
Inebriated

hopefuly people will post comments about items and notice it when they find them selfs at "falling down drunk. Where are my keys and Where did i park my wife?"

#38 2006-12-14 20:39:22

dv8n
Wasted

should you post constantly to say hi?

...because if you are looking for a "community" feeling that you all keep talking about you'll be like neighbors and say hi to each other and of course interject yourself into other conversations just to get to know one another...  A community is about supporting one another and protecting each other and being friendly 3dsmile

...so in respects to being friendly....   HELLO AGAIN 3dtongue
its nice to be back *relaxing in corner*

#39 2006-12-14 20:48:49

LAoW
Completely Blotto

dv8n wrote:

I have a question why does my computer keep telling me I'm inebriated???   ...how do I get to plastered? ....drooling stupy drunk? .......unconscious and robbed after being left by the dumpster?  3dsmile

just friendly curiousity

Weeeelll...you know...it's kind of a secret. We're not sayin'. 3dsmile ...and don't EVEN think about just posting random crap and wasting forum space to get to the top. I swear to dog, I'll go psycho nuts on whoever tries it! 3dbig_smile

Last edited by LAoW (2006-12-14 20:50:42)

I don't have to worry about revenge because Karma is a bigger bitch than I will ever have to be.

#40 2006-12-14 20:56:59

siath
Wasted

dv8n wrote:

just friendly curiousity

Robbed is easy make sure you have a lot of cash, enough for me and Net Wolf to split and come out a few $1000.00 richer each. Then just walk down a dark alley near us. 3dwink

We promise not to hurt you much 3dsmile

And the disclaimer, because people sometimes take stuff wrong.  This is a joke and only a joke incase of an actually truth this post would be followed by actual instructions...

Siath

#41 2006-12-14 21:12:45

dv8n
Wasted

*holding head while crying*

Siath be-eat me up and took my wallet *sniff*
     I tr-tr-trusted-d-d Siath....they said they wouldn't it was just a j-j-jok-k-ke.... he pushed me down and stepped on my head *sniff sniff*

3dbig_smile

#42 2006-12-14 23:11:18

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

And you were only carrying a lousy $20!  Bastard.  3dtongue

Net Wolf

----
Facebook page

#43 2006-12-15 02:55:50

siath
Wasted

Hehehe, Yeah and Net said it was all his... I feel so left out!

Siath

#44 2006-12-15 03:46:50

Jefferson
Completely Blotto

NO FAIR!!!!!!!!

Net and Siath like DV8N better than they like me!!

They beat and robbed him!

It's just because he's inebriated and I'm only Tipsy! I know it is!

*Goes off to hide his face in shame and cry himself to sleep* Whoa is me!

3dsmile 3dsmile 3dsmile

#45 2006-12-15 07:58:22

Centaur
Inebriated

Centaur just looks around and takes another drink of his beer.

#46 2006-12-15 08:27:12

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

There, there, Jefferson.  We were gonna beat & rob you for Christmas!  3dsmile

Net

----
Facebook page

#47 2006-12-15 16:00:35

siath
Wasted

But Net we talked about that, we would only do it if he had more than $20...

#48 2006-12-15 19:45:28

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Yeah, but if he's gonna be whiney about it...   This time, you get the money (it it's only $20 or so), and I get to use the chain whip...

3dbig_smile

Net Wolf

----
Facebook page

#49 2006-12-15 20:23:09

dv8n
Wasted

hey guys ...um that $20 was fake... 3dsmile

I keep all my money duct taped to my really hairy....nevermind 3dtongue

just keep the wallet too...gotta go *running for the door to escape lots of pain*

nice to see you all again 3dbig_smile

#50 2006-12-15 22:51:28

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

dv8n:

Oh, we found the hidden money.  Has the pain not kicked in yet?  Boy, when it does, you're gonna be sorry....

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....

Net Wolf.

PS: We turned the counterfeit bill over to the Secret Service.  They'll be visiting you soon.  hehehe

----
Facebook page

Board footer