Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-12-25 07:27:03

Bridget
Barmaid
Website

Immortal Chronicles, The

The Immortal Chronicles

An anthology of short stories covering the major events in the life of David Stroud, after the end of the Third Were War.

Author Notes:

The stories are named "Plus <time>:", and then an actual title.  The "Plus <time>" indicates how far after the end of the war it takes place.  If <time> is just a number (like "eight"), it means years.

These stories will not be written in order, but they will be presented in chronological order when posted.  As such, it's probably not useful to bookmark this story.  For the same reason, the story will not go through PRM, but will always be fully public when posted.

Please read The Mystic Wolf Pub Critiquing Guide.

SITE CONTENT POLICY:  The administrator of this site will not reject, remove, or censor any story posted to this site based on the story's content.  No story shall be removed except for purely technical reasons (which will be worked out with the author so that the story can be reposted as quickly as possible), or due to a direct order from the site's hosting provider, a law-enforcement entity, or the story's owner.

#2 2023-12-25 10:41:30

Timberwolf92
Inebriated

Re: Immortal Chronicles, The

Oh my word! I’m not sure why I love the actions of him so much but Darth Jailla is amazingly efficient.

(posted from Plus Eight: Lady Aberlin is Missing)

#3 2023-12-25 14:25:25

Bwsc
Inebriated

Well this just became a top three surprise Christmas present I have received! Loved the time skip and feel of the story. Wonderful writing as always. Now all I can do is just to sit and twiddle my thumbs till next time!

(posted from the Item Information Page)

#4 2023-12-25 14:35:51

thehilz
Completely Blotto

Greatly enjoyed the story. The added dialogue added clarity to those discussions.(thou most I had understood originally since have read WA so many times) Also enjoyed the tease about your other planned story set in the universe.

#5 2023-12-25 19:20:16

darthel0101
Completely Blotto

I LIKE it.
I also like how you answered the only question that David asked while in Rimohr Introductory Training.

Thank you for your continuing work in the Dugerra-verse around David's activities.

#6 2023-12-26 00:29:25

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

I'm glad everyone's enjoying this little glimpse into David's afterlife.

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#7 2023-12-26 00:57:24

Icehawk101
Inebriated

This was a great Christmas present, thanks Eric!

#8 2023-12-26 06:30:27

Jefferson
Completely Blotto

Congrats buddy. Looks like you've got another hit on your hands.

#9 2023-12-26 15:19:08

hawkeye91000
Inebriated

thank you for another story of David i'm glad we are getting more thanks again. This is the best universe on the whole internet

#10 2023-12-26 18:12:46

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

I'm glad you enjoyed the new story.

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#11 2023-12-27 01:08:43

shadowlord
Inebriated

I just love these little glimpses into David's future!  Thanks, Eric!  They're spectacular, as always!

Lady Aberlin is Missing wrote:

"How many people do you know with ten thousand dollars in the bank?" Chloe asked.

It seems like that should be granas, not dollars...  Did I misunderstand the context?

#12 2023-12-27 05:20:45

bigfoot
Wasted

As somebody who has longed for more David Stroud stories, allow me to say THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!   That so rocked. And as only you can do, mentioning Jailla at the end as the measure of justice evolved from David's darker times was simply inspired. It, of course, made me remember how much I miss these characters, especially a little blue bird.

What a wonderful gift you have given us. Again, I thank you.

Last edited by bigfoot (2023-12-27 06:01:22)

#13 2023-12-27 06:15:03

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

shadowlord wrote:

I just love these little glimpses into David's future!  Thanks, Eric!  They're spectacular, as always!

Lady Aberlin is Missing wrote:

"How many people do you know with ten thousand dollars in the bank?" Chloe asked.

It seems like that should be granas, not dollars...  Did I misunderstand the context?

You must have, because, of course, authors never make mistakes...

3dangel  3dtongue

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#14 2023-12-31 13:57:53

Seumus1
Inebriated

Thank you, Thank you, THANK YOU!!!!
David (and all of the Woodward personas) are my absolute favorites, so thank you for a great Yuletide gift of another great story.
I look forward to any and every new Woodward Tale, no matter how short or long they may be.

#15 2024-01-02 04:55:44

Barbarian3165
Completely Blotto

LMAO... Their dead Dzihm from healer McCoy.

#16 2024-01-02 17:04:28

drestnar
Inebriated

I must say what a amazing addition to the stories of David Stroud. I've got such a shit eating grin from reading this. Thank you for sharing such an amazing tale

#17 2024-01-03 14:01:58

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Glad you enjoyed it.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#18 2024-02-29 16:58:07

bigfoot
Wasted

I have a what I believe to be a correction for you. When David as Sheriff of the Council arrests the sitting King, he is told he must must stay and rule until a new King is elected and trained ("Sir, Callamandian law states that, upon unexpected abdication of the king, the Lords of the Realm shall rule while a new king is elected and trained.  You are the only existing Lord of the Realm," the Commandant explained.). David explains there is another Lord of the Realm, the former King Jonathan.

Actually, I believe there is another... Vivian. In the final chapter of WAY8, it is explained Vivian would soon be receiving the Star of Rabb (David would not tell her that she would be receiving a chevron, crescent, and the only other Star of Rabb issued in this war, for her actions.). It was my understanding that the Star of Rabb, being the rarest of military awards in Callamandian history, also makes the recipient a Lord/Lady (I read this in the forums in a post by Bridget). While we never see her awarded, it is stated she will be and we trust the author here. Therefore, she would soon be Lady Columbo, Security Chief, Woodward Academy.

Am I wrong?

#19 2024-02-29 19:28:44

darthel0101
Completely Blotto

bigfoot wrote:

I have a what I believe to be a correction for you. When David as Sheriff of the Council arrests the sitting King, he is told he must must stay and rule until a new King is elected and trained ("Sir, Callamandian law states that, upon unexpected abdication of the king, the Lords of the Realm shall rule while a new king is elected and trained.  You are the only existing Lord of the Realm," the Commandant explained.). David explains there is another Lord of the Realm, the former King Jonathan.

Actually, I believe there is another... Vivian. In the final chapter of WAY8, it is explained Vivian would soon be receiving the Star of Rabb (David would not tell her that she would be receiving a chevron, crescent, and the only other Star of Rabb issued in this war, for her actions.). It was my understanding that the Star of Rabb, being the rarest of military awards in Callamandian history, also makes the recipient a Lord/Lady (I read this in the forums in a post by Bridget). While we never see her awarded, it is stated she will be and we trust the author here. Therefore, she would soon be Lady Columbo, Security Chief, Woodward Academy.

Am I wrong?

The only reference that I could find identifying the various medals was this thread - https://www.wolfpub.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1956
Unfortunately, I was unable to find any reference to the Star of Rabb being associated with Lordship in the first post of that thread

#20 2024-02-29 23:16:01

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

bigfoot wrote:

It was my understanding that the Star of Rabb, being the rarest of military awards in Callamandian history, also makes the recipient a Lord/Lady (I read this in the forums in a post by Bridget).
[...]
Am I wrong?

Um... yes.

I have no idea where you would have gotten the notion that the Star of Rabb and Lordship have anything to do with each other.  One is a military decoration.  The other is a civilian rank of nobility.  They have exactly zero connection to each other.

As to seeing something in "a post by Bridget"... the only posts "Bridget" makes are those announcing story material.  "Bridget" is the website itself, not an actual individual.  Even I don't write Bridget's posts: they are auto-generated by the website when material is added.  Darthel has already linked to the only post "Bridget" would have made on this matter.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#21 2024-03-01 06:41:32

bigfoot
Wasted

Eric - you changed the rules. I located the post I made on Dec 3, 2020. I had previously asked about this because I saw the medal thread darthel0101 referenced and remembered that the Star of Rabb made the recipient a Lord (or Lady, I assume). It has since changed but at least I know I am not crazy. Here was my post:

FOUND IT!!!!! It was driving me nuts so I spent too much time on these message boards and found a post Bridget wrote on 11-11-2018 called "Woodward Academy: Callamandian Army Commendation Medals". In it, Bridget described why each of the medals was awarded (from the Star of Rabb down to the Goldenrod Medal), had a link to see what each of the medals looked like and included some other relevant info. And I quote, "Star of Rabb - Designed by the first king and queen of Callamandia, this award is given only to those who have had, by themselves, a significant positive effect on the war effort.  This medal is rarely given to anyone who is not serving on the field of battle.  Those who receive this medal are automatically granted the rank of "Lord" within Callamandian society, a title which carries royal weight."

Your response was:

Eric Storm wrote:

Don't know what you're talking about bigfoot.  That image description says nothing of the sort.

3dangel

I told you: if I had ever said that, I was lying.

Eric Storm

followed up with:

Eric Storm wrote:

Actually, it was Bridget's fault. That lying bitch!

3dbig_smile

Eric Storm

Since you created the rules for this universe, I know you are rarely wrong. These communiques took place in the "Woodward Academy, Year 8, The" forum. I have taken screen shots to preserve one of the few times I made a comment that was correct (in your eyes).

That said, is Vivian actually Lady Vivian?

#22 2024-03-01 10:57:42

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Thank you for your research. 

*goes back and deletes a few posts...*

Problem solved. misch_smiley

The fact that it was changed after the first time you pointed it out should have been the answer to your question.  Why would it have been changed if it was accurate?

And, honestly, the end of WAY8 itself should have been enough to make the answer crystal clear.  Why would there have been a ritual to make David a Lord, if becoming a Lord was the automatic outcome of being awarded the Star of Rabb?  I'd like to point out, in that ritual, when David knelt, he was not referred to as Lord Stroud.  Only once he arose did he gain his title.

So, bluntly, NO, Vivian is NOT "Lady Columbo".  As I said, Lordship is a civilian designation with no connection whatsoever to any military decoration.  Lordship is conferred by the king, sometimes at the recommendation of the King's Council.

Eric Storm

PS:  The level of your insanity is still up for debate.  3dtongue

----
Facebook page

#23 2024-03-01 20:30:43

bigfoot
Wasted

Eric Storm wrote:

PS:  The level of your insanity is still up for debate.  3dtongue

Well, obviously.

I agree that as you changed it in 2020, it no longer applies and agree Vivian is not Lady Columbo. That said, how does a country as large as Callamandia have only two Lords of the Realm (David and Jonathon and Jonathon's appears to be ceremonial as he was formerly a king)? It would seem incumbent upon the King to make sure there are enough people to perform the rules set in motion by whatever constitution they have. In this case, upon unexpected abdication of the king, the Lords of the Realm shall rule while a new king is elected and trained. Therefore, there must be Lords of the Realm in the unlikely event there is an unexpected abdication of the king. It would be like having the President, VP and then no Speaker of the House or people filling the positions in the order of succession.

Not a big deal. Just an observation.

#24 2024-03-01 22:33:37

Jefferson
Completely Blotto

On a guess, there are rules that state who can be made a Lord or Lady of the Realm. Maybe bravery, nobility and/or sacrifice are required and since Callamandia had not been in a war for many years, they don't have a whole lot of brave, noble soldier, or veterans, who would have been granted a Lordship.

Add on top of that, no king wants to think about his own demise. Most people would sit on the throne and think "I've got years. I'll deal with that later." And naming someone a lord or lady of the realm JUST so there is someone to take the king's place if he dies or abdicates suddenly, seems like a good way to end up with shitty ass lords and ladies of the realm. Kind of like we end up with rotten Supreme Court justices, or Cabinet Secretaries, when they are picked because of the color of their skin, or their sexual preference instead of being picked for their competency.

I do agree that this would be something that the king, and his aides, should be looking in to.

#25 2024-03-01 23:01:05

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Funny how both of you are assuming that the palace guard was reciting the entire law concerning the line of succession in the event of an unexpected abdication.

The guard only needed to refer to lords of the realm, as there are, in fact, two of them in existence.

But have you completely forgotten that there is always a sitting King's Council?

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

Board footer