Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-10-05 00:32:46

Bridget
Barmaid
Website

Woodward Fairy Tales

Woodward Fairy Tales

A collection of very short stories... mere scenes, really.  These are not considered a canon part of the Dugerraverse until they appear in some other, longer work.  These are merely the fevered dreams of the author, using familiar faces.

Please read The Mystic Wolf Pub Critiquing Guide.

SITE CONTENT POLICY:  The administrator of this site will not reject, remove, or censor any story posted to this site based on the story's content.  No story shall be removed except for purely technical reasons (which will be worked out with the author so that the story can be reposted as quickly as possible), or due to a direct order from the site's hosting provider, a law-enforcement entity, or the story's owner.

#2 2023-10-05 22:02:46

darthel0101
Completely Blotto

Re: Woodward Fairy Tales

MANY, MANY thanks for compiling these stories into the standard form

#3 2023-10-08 15:26:21

Neptune:lord of the sea
Inebriated

Thanks for these Eric. Looking forward to more stories in Dugerrverse.

(posted from the Item Information Page)

Every coin has two sides

#4 2023-10-14 11:25:19

drestnar
Inebriated

Yes. Nice little short. Appreciate anything in this world.  Bravo

(posted from Bank Robbery)

#5 2023-10-14 11:42:24

drestnar
Inebriated

This was so awesome to read. I shouted out loud when Bispy showed up. Such wonderful characters.  Glad to see you writing

(posted from Grace Under Fire)

#6 2023-10-15 04:46:15

Elessar
Completely Blotto

I thought I had posted about these. I know you write what comes to mind, but is there any chance we will hear about the Tiamats Daughter? I know it's some distance into the future But I am curious about any new stuff that might be in that time frame. Of course, it's really any work that involves any kind of fighting or strategy.

#7 2023-10-15 08:08:15

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Elessar wrote:

I thought I had posted about these. I know you write what comes to mind, but is there any chance we will hear about the Tiamats Daughter? I know it's some distance into the future But I am curious about any new stuff that might be in that time frame. Of course, it's really any work that involves any kind of fighting or strategy.

You did comment on these, when they were posted to the forum directly.

And what makes you think that the raising of Tiamat's daughter is going to involve "fighting or strategy"?  Dragons in the Dugerraverse aren't known for going around picking fights...

As to whether or not you'll ever read something about Tiamat's daughter... *shrugs*  Don't know.  Depends on if the mood ever strikes to write such a thing.  But for me to write anything canonical about Tiamat's daughter would be pretty difficult, since it takes 50 years to raise a dragon...

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#8 2023-10-15 08:19:44

Elessar
Completely Blotto

Sorry, my thoughts about fighting or strategy weren't mutually exclusive to the birth of Tiamat's daughter. As far as raising of a dragon... well if Bob was any indication of how a young dragon could behave.

Truthfully, a story involving one of the distant lands would be fairly cool. Maybe they could go on their honeymoon there and trouble could arise. Bar fight, gang, potions mistake.

I have been curious as to how you would write the life of Jacob AFTER he is released from being stuck in that prison. Now I know it wouldn't be much from David's side but a short story from Jacob's would be fairly interesting to read.

Last edited by Elessar (2023-10-15 08:20:52)

#9 2023-10-15 17:53:33

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Duly noted.

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#10 2023-10-21 02:28:11

Bwsc
Inebriated

Though you specified that these are not canon, it still makes me happy knowing there’s a chance for a epilogue to the story. Even as is, compiled as a book of ramblings, there is no greater joy to see the characters you created be loved in this way. I for one, would hope these will be expanded upon throughout the future. Again, I love the stories and the world you created.
Amazing stories even if just fever dreams, I can’t wait to read them all!

(posted from the Item Information Page)

#11 2023-10-23 20:45:49

mikkelsonr
Tipsy

As soon as I saw the title a chapter as "Grace Under Fire", I thought, "Someone's going to get hurt"...

#12 2023-10-23 20:57:23

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

3dbig_smile

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#13 2023-12-18 19:39:03

Scardra
Tipsy

David sighed.

"Please?  If you take over his class, I promise I'll set a date for our wedding..."

"You think I'm going to fall for that?  You've been promising that for six years now.  Angela will probably get married before we do."

Is this just a joke between them? or something happened to Zyla when you were writing this.

Or maybe they have a rotation where after a number of years David divorce one and marries another so that everyone has a shot being Mrs. Stroud? That would be funny xD

(posted from Combat Academy)

#14 2023-12-18 21:31:58

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Their wedding would be spiritual, not legal.  It's a sign of Emile's reluctance to fully commit, thanks to her past.  "Weddings never seem to work out for me," would be her excuse.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

Board footer