The Pub Discussion Board

Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#1 2007-04-01 21:28:56

Imagineer
Wasted

Does evil observe daylight savings time?

Tales of evil sometimes have things happening at specific times, most commonly at the stroke of midnight. Is evil really that precise? There was a time (!) when noon was defined as the moment of the sun's highest point in the day wherever you were... does evil observe midnight as exactly twelve hours from noon, or the exact midpoint between sunset and sunrise, in which cases by our modern timepieces they might be early or late... Isn't time a human invention? Why would evil kowtow to our sense of time? Or is time itself evil?

#2 2007-04-02 03:26:04

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Re: Does evil observe daylight savings time?

Time is not a human invention, it is a dimension of the timespace in which we live.  Our measurement of time is a human invention, and a piss-poor one, at that, since it's not exact about anything.  (e.g., the Earth day is not 24 hours long, and the year is something like 365.24 days in length...)  We are forever adjusting our measurement of time to fit reality.

My sense is that evil does what evil does because evil wants to.  Evil knows that it is more emotionally traumatizing to us humans if things happen at significant times of day.  It is far more "evil" if a black cat crosses your path (for instance) at exactly midnight, than if it happens at 1:27am.

Given that, I would suspect that evil observes local time for dramatic effect, not because it has to.

Just my $1.50 (inflation's a bitch...)
Net Wolf

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#3 2007-04-03 09:41:03

dv8n
Wasted

Re: Does evil observe daylight savings time?

I agree with net wolf on this sort of.

Our system of time is screwed up in several ways, but we could be still looking at the shadows from rocks and counting the nocthes on our time sticks to see when the last full moon was...   3dbig_smile

...And like he said evil works for an effect in some cases... sometimes evil just happens and is not targeted intentionally thereby no planned idea to freak ppl out...

sorry on to your question 3dbig_smile  IF evil observes daylight savings time or any time it is because 1 they want to or 2 they need to for a specific reason ( like getting the facts right on a plan)  never because they feel they have to.......

.... however I geuss it is possible that some evil person out there just plain never thought about it or gave a damn enough NOT to follow time... you know just didn't care as long as they got to do what they wanted.

that's my 2 cents to go with net's inflated ( marked up ) price.   ( I'll cut you a friend's rate)

:lol:

Board footer