The Pub Discussion Board

Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#1 2007-03-08 04:22:18

Neitherspace
Completely Blotto

golden age hero bites it

If your reading Civil war (Marvel) and haven't gotten the latest issue of Capt. America DO NOT READ FURTHER

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

capt. America was killed by a sniper as he exited a court house in the latest installment of his title which dropped Wednesday.

all i can think to say is DAMN after evrything he's been trough this past year what a weak ass way to go

for those of you who don't know CA was the leader of the superhuman resistance that formed after the superhero registration act was passed and was along with about half the heroes in the Marvel universe forced to fight friends allies (including caps best bud tony stark (Ironman) who was leading the pro government side)

Course since I'm sure he'll get better *cough*superman*Cough* I guess it's not THAT big a deal but still...

Speaking of dieing superheros The death of super man is being made into an animated feature so that should be cool

"I figure that if you can't write decent dialogue for the devil, maybe you shouldn't be a writer."-Richard Kadrey

#2 2007-03-08 23:41:24

CSquared
Wasted

Re: golden age hero bites it

Yeah, I saw that in a newspaper today.  Haven't they tried to kill him off hundreds of times before, though?  Especially when he was assumed dead, and actually frozen in ice in suspended animation.  And I used to have a comic set in a possible future of the Marvel universe, that ended with Cap sitting in a life-support machine - he had been shot, and "died", but was actually directing a fair proportion of the world...

Although, if they have killed him off - it's not exactly an undignified way for him to go.  I'm sure he'd rather go out in this manner than dying of old age... remember a while back, when the Super Soldier Serum started to degrade?  He was aging fast, and... actually, I think the Red Skull helped him in the end... which would be odd.

Feh, I don't remember much of my Marvel universe. XD

CSquared

#3 2007-03-09 01:58:55

Neitherspace
Completely Blotto

yea that thing that seems to be the sticking point is that hes taken on Hails of gunfire with barely a scratch and he was brought down by 2 bullets ?! seeing as how there are like 3 other guys who at one point took up the mantle since WWII so the odds are there will be a new cap (hell the grandson of the original Cap is a young avenger)

BTW the original Cap was a black soldier who took the process b4 Steve Rogers did (the government didn't want to risk a good looking white boy till they were sure it worked) he was pretty bad ass to his uniform looked like a WWII version of the current costume in olive drab a army issue helmit and the sheild.

"I figure that if you can't write decent dialogue for the devil, maybe you shouldn't be a writer."-Richard Kadrey

#4 2007-03-10 18:08:43

CSquared
Wasted

That does sound pretty cool, actually. XD

I rather like US Agent, who took on the name for a while.  I do wonder where he got his shield, though.  Maybe it was just an Adamantium one.

CSquared

#5 2007-03-12 05:59:50

Neitherspace
Completely Blotto

im not sure what his shield was/is made of all i know is that his costume is a black variant of caps that the government asked cap to give up so usa could wear it

*edit* found his wiki listing also found the page on cap looks like punisher may take over (which could be really cool)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._Agent

Last edited by Neitherspace (2007-03-12 17:12:36)

Board footer