The Pub Discussion Board

Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#126 2011-01-01 21:28:43

LAoW
Completely Blotto

Re: General Discussion

Lordalpha, you've got a little something...right there on your nose. Did you know? 

3dwink

I don't have to worry about revenge because Karma is a bigger bitch than I will ever have to be.

#127 2011-01-01 23:45:22

lordalpha
Wasted

Yes, they are called glasses... 3dsmile

#128 2011-01-02 02:02:10

reaperking11
Tipsy

hahah well thank you and yeah i have found them and so far warmth is great

#129 2011-01-02 06:45:11

lordalpha
Wasted

3dsmile Another convert. My job here is done hehe.
Yea, when I was reading warmth, it was on PRM, but I didn't have access(NO cash for food, not to mention for Eric) so I had to wait for each chapter... The wait did make it worth it, but still.

#130 2011-01-02 21:24:26

LAoW
Completely Blotto

lordalpha wrote:

Yes, they are called glasses... 3dsmile

Touché, my good sir.

I don't have to worry about revenge because Karma is a bigger bitch than I will ever have to be.

#131 2011-01-03 08:12:02

lordalpha
Wasted

Sorry LAoW, I can only look, sammi's orders 3dsmile

#132 2011-01-03 17:48:39

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Not to mention threat of getting your hands broken!  3dtongue

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#133 2011-01-04 00:33:41

LAoW
Completely Blotto

lordalpha wrote:

Sorry LAoW, I can only look, sammi's orders 3dsmile

From Merriam-Webster:  tou·ché
interj \tü-ˈshā\
Definition of TOUCHÉ
—used to acknowledge a hit in fencing or the success or appropriateness of an argument, an accusation, or a witty point

#134 2011-01-04 06:13:16

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Don't mind her, she's touche... er, I mean touchy.  3dwink

Eric

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#135 2011-01-10 09:44:19

reaperking11
Tipsy

been about 8 days since i last got around to reading warmth started to go through withdrawls time to get back 3dbig_smile

#136 2011-01-13 02:08:02

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Just to let those who use the tool know:  The chat widget on my page has sort of moved.  I put an image where it used to be.  When you click the image, it opens a separate window (tab) that allows you to use the widget to chat.  This allows me to make the chat window bigger (thus easier to read in) and to let you continue to move from page to page without losing the ability to chat.

I hope you guys like it.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#137 2011-03-05 12:15:37

toshech
Tipsy

I just though how great it would be if the CAMP series got turned into hentai anime. I reckon it's an amazing story and sell-able.

#138 2011-03-05 17:45:10

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Thanks for the compliment, but... "been there, done that", so to speak.  Not that I've tried to get it turned into a movie, but I've had this discussion many times over the years.  The Japanese studios won't touch this because it is too American-centric.  The American studios (if there are any), wouldn't touch it due to the content.  To get the Japanese to publish it, the entire story would have to be rewritten to make Japan the hero nation, and THAT isn't happening.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#139 2011-03-16 05:23:42

garion75472
Tipsy

reading difficulty

hi im garion75472 aka steve i have trouble reading the stories in the frame rormat is there any way to open them in a new window or tab i tryed the usual way didn't work and i can't seem to dl them either i want to reread camp 1 and 2

don't go knocking on death's door

ring the bell then run like hell

#140 2011-03-16 06:39:04

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

This should have been taken up in the Website Issues forum.

What kind of device are you reading this on?  I cannot imagine that you would be having difficulty with a typical browser on a normal PC.  Are you using a screen reader or something?  Or are you viewing this on a mobile device?

And you say you cannot download... what happens when you try to download?

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#141 2011-03-21 05:48:02

ivbeenviolated
Tipsy

I joined this site... well, I can't remember when. I've been checking up now and again though and I must say, you're an excellent author, if only for the vivid images you inspire. I'd love to learn what techniques you use when writing, what your habits are. If only to improve my own.

Cheers.

"Some men learn from books, some by observation. But a few just have to piss on the electric fence and find out for themselves." ~ attributed to Will James

#142 2011-03-21 06:32:06

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Honestly, I haven't got any.  3dsmile

Okay, here are a few things that I do:

* I always write in silence.  This is, of course, personal preference, but I find that music or other noise speaks over top my inner voice, and makes it harder to concentrate on the story.

* I write vague outlines, but not scene-by-scene outlines.  What I mean by this is, I know what's going to happen in a story, and when I go to write a chapter, I will work out a list of what's supposed to happen in the chapter.  I don't usually write out a list of precisely detailed things that will happen.

* I visualize my scenes BEFORE I write them.  This is one of the reasons I have difficulty comprehending the authors who have told me they write a few sentences, or a paragraph, and then go back and edit.  I'm deep in the middle of a story I've already worked out in my head.  Editing can come later: I want this puppy out of my head NOW.  3dsmile

* Everything can be story fodder.  I have been inspired by commercials, conversations, other stories, TV shows, movies, books, dreams... 

* If you have a story idea, write it down.  Even if you don't get around to it soon, you'll have gotten the idea down for later reference.  I have story ideas that are well over five years old.  Some are closer to ten years old.  I even have a few stories completely outlined.  I'll get around to them, one day.  Or I won't, but at least I have the option.

* Make your characters "live" in your head.  My characters are 'real', in my imagination.  I've had them redirect a story more than once, because "they" told me they wouldn't act the way I had planned for them to.  (Yes, I'm fully aware it's just my subconscious, but you get the idea.)

And... that's about it.  I don't have a set time of day I write.  I do not write daily.  I refuse to write crap that I will throw away when I'm finished.  If I'm not in the mood to write something GOOD, I simply don't write.  That is not to say that I don't think about my stories.  I don't think I've had a day in a very long time where some story or other didn't cross my mind.

I hope this is helpful.  Thanks for the interest,
Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#143 2011-03-24 02:16:34

lordalpha
Wasted

I have to agree with Eric on the last part. (as well as the rest of it but still!) If I do not feel like I can write well..I DON'T WRITE. I understand a lot of people do the, xyz amount of words per day, but what that does to me is just make me MORE blocked as a writer. I need to work through whatever problem the plot has snagged on me before I can move on, and forcing product forces nothing of any value....except to fertilize the lawn.

#144 2011-03-24 04:21:45

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Which brings me to a point I forgot to make:  Having multiple projects running at once can help you past writer's block.  If you have a problem with a story, you switch to something else.  The advantage here is that it does keep you in a writing mode while you try to work past the blockage with the story.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#145 2011-03-30 03:02:09

SnakeEater
Inebriated

I started reading CAMP several years ago & sought out further chapters anywhere I could. My thanks for much enjoyable reading time that I have spent reading your stories.

#146 2011-03-30 03:44:06

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Glad you enjoyed it.  I hope you like my other stories, as well.

Thanks for the feedback,
Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#147 2011-05-24 18:11:15

grandad_rufus
Inebriated

Thanks

Just to say thanks for all the stories. I always seem to come back here for a re-read.

Grandad Rufus.

It's not that I have a dirty mind, you understand.
It's just that so many of my thoughts leave muddy little footprints...

If they give you ruled paper, write the other way.
Grandad Rufus.

It's not that I have a dirty mind, you understand. It's just that so many of my thoughts leave muddy little footprints...

#148 2011-05-24 18:52:38

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

We're glad you come back.  Don't forget to look around at the new stuff after you're done re-reading. 

3dsmile

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#149 2011-10-01 10:44:42

jini
Tipsy

hi Eric.. 3dsmile read your stories.. wonderful.. but i didn't got the complete Camp SR. couldn't find it anywhere.. nice work though.. byee.. -  jini

#150 2011-10-01 19:14:39

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

This could be because the story is still "In Progress", as indicated in its story information.  Hard to get the complete version of something that isn't written yet.

Glad you enjoyed the story,
Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

Board footer